Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapter 1
1. What does Mary Katherine wonder about the library books in Chapter 1?
2. What was Mary Katherine's routine when she visited the village?
3. How does Stella act around Mary Katherine in Chapter 1?
4. What are Mary Katherine's thoughts about the Rochester house?
5. What does Mary Katherine think of the villagers?
6. What does Mary Katherine imagine while she is shopping in order to distract herself from the villagers?
Short Essay Question - Chapter 2
7. What is...
This section contains 864 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)