|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merricat do after meeting the visitor in Chapter 4?
(a) Throws a vase across the room.
(b) Forces the man out of the house.
(c) Runs to her hiding spot.
(d) Runs up to her bedroom.
2. What does Charles try to talk to Merricat about?
(a) The day her family died.
(b) The treasures she buries.
(c) Her cat.
3. How did the Blackwoods die?
(a) From arsenic poisoning.
(b) From carbon monoxide poisoning.
(c) In a house fire.
(d) In an automobile accident.
4. What does Merricat notice as she watches Constance and Charles talk?
(a) That Charles doesn't listen to what Constance says.
(b) That Constance is not shy around him.
(c) That Charles is bossing Constance around.
(d) That they act like they are in love.
5. What does Charles offer to do for Merricat?
(a) Build her a treehouse.
(b) Send her to a fancy school.
(c) Run her Tuesday errands.
(d) Dig up her treasures.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the village children sing songs about?
2. Who is Jonas?
3. What do Merricat and Constance find Charles doing in the kitchen in Chapter 5?
4. What does Merricat consider replacing her father's book in the tree with?
5. What is Julian working on in Chapter 5?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)