|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merricat say is coming in Chapter 3?
(b) A change.
(c) A mail delivery.
(d) A thunderstorm.
2. Who is Stella?
(a) The coffee shop owner.
(b) Mary Katherine's neighbor.
(c) Mary Katherine's schoolmate.
(d) The librarian.
3. On which days did Mary Katherine routinely go to the village?
(a) Tuesdays and Sundays.
(b) Mondays and Fridays.
(c) Tuesdays and Fridays.
(d) Wednesdays and Saturdays.
4. How old is Mary Katherine in Chapter 1?
(a) Fifteen years old.
(b) Sixteen years old.
(c) Eighteen years old.
(d) Seventeen years old.
5. How many months have the library books been sitting on the shelf in Chapter 1?
(a) Two months.
(b) Five months.
(c) Four months.
(d) Seven months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Merricat reject as her third powerful word?
2. What does Mrs. Donell say about Katherine's family?
3. What do the village children call Mary Katherine?
4. What does Merricat's uncle talk about in Chapter 2?
5. Besides the library, where did Mary Katherine usually stop when she went to the village?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)