|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merricat use to tie the gate closed in Chatpter 6?
(a) Her father's scarf.
(b) A cord from the curtains.
(c) Her mother's shawl.
(d) Her father's belt.
2. Where does Charles sit at dinner?
(a) In the girls' father's chair.
(b) In Merricat's spot.
(c) At the kitchen counter.
(d) On the porch.
3. What does Merricat have buried in the long field?
(a) A necklace.
(b) A doll.
(c) A silver spoon.
(d) A clock.
4. Which of the following is not a song that Constance plays in Chapter 6?
(a) "Flow Gently, Sweet Afton."
(b) "A Vision in the Valley."
(c) "I Saw a Lady."
(d) "Over the Sea to Skye."
5. What does Merricat decide to do on her most powerful day in Chapter 7?
(a) Get rid of Charles.
(b) Walk to the village.
(c) Bury some charms.
(d) Have a tea party with Jonas.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Constance bake in Chapter 7?
2. In which month did Mary Katherine last go to the library?
3. What does Merricat see when she peeks into Charles's room in Chapter 8?
4. What does Charles examine in the drawing room in Chapter 6?
5. What does Constance prepare for Merricat to eat in Chapter 9?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)