|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the villagers do after the fire is out?
(a) Head home.
(b) Start helping to clean up the mess.
(c) Leave their pocket change for the sisters.
(d) Ransack the Blackwood house.
2. What does Merricat break in Chapter 7?
(a) The lock on Charles' door.
(b) A stair rail.
(c) Charles's watch.
(d) A cookie jar.
3. In which month did Mary Katherine last go to the library?
4. What does Constance ask Merricat to do before dinner?
(a) Change into a clean dress.
(b) Comb her hair.
(c) Collect the mail.
(d) Get some preserves from the cellar.
5. What does Julian say should have been poisoned with the arsenic?
(a) The potatoes.
(b) The salad.
(c) The rarebit.
(d) The apple jelly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Constance's guests suggest she buy in Chapter 2?
2. How does Mrs. Wright come across in Chapter 2?
3. What day does Merricat consider to be her most powerful?
4. What blocks the kitchen door when Constance and Merricat return home?
5. What does Merricat reject as her third powerful word?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)