|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merricat admire at the beginning of Chapter 8?
(a) Her secret hiding spot.
(b) Her house.
(c) The sunset.
(d) A sparkly charm hanging from a tree.
2. What does Julian fret about while the house is burning?
(a) His wheelchair getting muddy.
(b) His papers.
(c) Having to go out in the cold.
(d) His suits.
3. What does Merricat talk about eating on the moon in Chapter 5?
(a) Rose petals.
4. Where does Merricat write the first of her three powerful words?
(a) In the jam of her toast.
(b) On a scrap of newspaper.
(c) Outdoors in dirt.
(d) In the steamed-up window.
5. What does Merricat do to make Charles go away in Chapter 5?
(a) Sprinkles dirt in his bed.
(b) Smashes a glass on the floor.
(c) Locks him outside.
(d) Threatens him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Merricat nailed to a tree to keep evil away?
2. What does Merricat imagine her buried baby teeth might someday turn into?
3. What do the village children grab during the mayhem in Chapter 8?
4. Which of the following is not one of Merricat's powerful words?
5. What do the Blackwood girls do on Mondays?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)