|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Karen’s room at the hospital is on what floor in Part Two?
2. Where does Harry say he picked up Jane Jerome’s key when she dropped it in Part Two?
(a) At church
(b) At Jedson Park
(c) At the Mall
(d) At school
3. Who sleeps in the same room with Jane while her family is in seclusion after her abduction in Part Two?
(a) Leslie Cairns
(b) Karen Jerome
(c) Marie Jerome
(d) Artie Jerome
4. The narrator says that at exactly what time does Buddy fall “instantly and irrevocably in love with Jane Jerome” in Part Two?
(a) 6:23 p.m.
(b) 5:34 p.m.
(c) 7:12 p.m.
(d) 2:46 p.m.
5. Who is Jane’s favorite uncle that greets her following Jane’s abduction in Part Two?
(a) Uncle Jack
(b) Uncle Sam
(c) Uncle Rod
(d) Uncle Peter
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Jane to defend Buddy after the ordeal and their breakup in Part Two?
2. Where is author Robert Cormier from?
3. Why can the Avenger no longer spy on the Jerome family in Part Two?
4. What is the name of the school that Buddy attends in the novel?
5. After seeing Jane and Buddy kissing together in a store, the Avenger vows to do what?
Short Essay Questions
1. What similarities can be seen in the families of the four boys who vandalize the Jerome home in We All Fall Down?
2. Who intercepts Jane and lures her to the abandoned lot in Part Two? How?
3. How does the author characterize the relationship between Buddy and Jane prior to their breakup in the novel?
4. Who calls Jane to plead with her regarding Buddy in Part Two? What information is revealed in this phone call?
5. What does the character of Harry Flowers represent symbolically in the novel?
6. What does the character of the Avenger represent symbolically in the novel?
7. What is unexpected about the breakup of Jane and Buddy in Part Two?
8. Describe the narrative point of view in We All Fall Down. In what ways is this narrative style sophisticated?
9. How does the author delineate the strengths and weaknesses of his characters in We All Fall Down?
10. How does Jane confront Buddy about his past after her abduction in Part Two? How does Buddy respond?
This section contains 889 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)