|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Part Two, when Buddy meets with his dad for lunch, the narrator states, “As Buddy held up his half-filled glass, he studied his father more closely than ever before, trying to see him as a stranger would see him. The word that leaped to his mind was” what?
2. How many days after his arrest for vandalism does Harry call Buddy and tell him that he will pick him up at 8:00 p.m.?
3. With whom had Buddy gone to his first dance in the ninth grade?
(a) Debbie Howington
(b) Cindy Dennedy
(c) Leslie Cairns
(d) Alice Currier
4. What boy does Jane recall having had a crush on “who played the lead in the school’s abbreviated version of Grease” in Part Two?
(a) Harry Flowers
(b) Jeremy Madison
(c) Marty Sanders
(d) Vaughn Masterson
5. Where has Jane agreed to meet her mother at the mall when she accidentally runs into Buddy at the end of Part Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can the Avenger no longer spy on the Jerome family in Part Two?
2. What is the last thing that Buddy says to Jane when they encounter one another at the mall in the end of Part Two?
3. Buddy’s mother tells him and his sister that she’s planning on taking a retreat at a monastery just south of what town?
4. Where has Jane’s family gone to stay for two nights after her abduction by the Avenger in Part Two?
5. What’s the name of the cologne that Buddy begins wearing after he and Jane have become a couple in Part Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buddy’s fall at the mall stand out among examples of characters “falling down” in the novel?
2. What is the principle reason for Jane’s feelings of isolation after the abduction in Part Two?
3. How are the characters of Randy and Marty depicted in We All Fall Down? How do these characters differ from Buddy Walker?
4. What is unexpected about the breakup of Jane and Buddy in Part Two?
5. What does Mr. Jerome represent symbolically in We All Fall Down?
6. Describe the narrative point of view in We All Fall Down. In what ways is this narrative style sophisticated?
7. What does the character of the Avenger represent symbolically in the novel?
8. What does the character of Harry Flowers represent symbolically in the novel?
9. When and where does Jane encounter Buddy after their breakup in Part Two? How have Jane’s feelings changed at this point?
10. How does the author characterize the relationship between Buddy and Jane prior to their breakup in the novel?
This section contains 1,003 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)