|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color are Jane’s eyes described as in the novel?
2. Where is author Robert Cormier from?
(a) Lexington, Kentucky
(b) Boston, Massachusetts
(c) Leominster, Massachusetts
(d) Seattle, Washington
3. Who calls Jane to defend Buddy after the ordeal and their breakup in Part Two?
(a) Harry Flowers
(b) Cindy Dennedy
(c) Mickey Stallings
(d) Vaughn Masterson
4. What is Jane tied to the chair with when she awakens in Part Two?
(a) A seatbelt
(b) Clothesline rope
(c) Fishing line
(d) A scarf
5. When Buddy confronts Harry outside the school cafeteria, Harry tells him he doesn’t want to talk because they’re serving his favorite dish that day. What is it?
(a) Chicken tenders
Short Answer Questions
1. Who sleeps in the same room with Jane while her family is in seclusion after her abduction in Part Two?
2. How does Jane respond when the Avenger tells her that Buddy was one of the trashers in Part Two?
3. On the evening of the day when Jane’s ordeal with the Avenger takes place, Buddy falls asleep on his couch reading what?
4. How does the Avenger commit suicide in Part Two?
5. At what time in the morning does Buddy wake up after he’d seen the news about Jane the night before in Part Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the protagonists in the novel? How are these protagonists different?
2. Where does Buddy meet his father in Part Two? What are Buddy’s impressions of his dad at this meeting?
3. What justifications does the author make for Buddy Walker’s behavior in the novel?
4. How is the family life of Harry Flowers characterized in We All Fall Down?
5. What is the principle reason for Jane’s feelings of isolation after the abduction in Part Two?
6. How are the value systems of the main characters presented in the novel?
7. Describe the narrative point of view in We All Fall Down. In what ways is this narrative style sophisticated?
8. Who intercepts Jane and lures her to the abandoned lot in Part Two? How?
9. How does the concept of motivation tie into the themes seen in Part One of We All Fall Down?
10. What happens when Jane enters the abandoned shed at the empty lot in Part Two?
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)