|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is author Robert Cormier from?
(a) Lexington, Kentucky
(b) Seattle, Washington
(c) Boston, Massachusetts
(d) Leominster, Massachusetts
2. How old does the Avenger tell Jane he is in Part Two?
3. The narrator says in Part Two that “Jane found out about Buddy’s drinking in the lobby of” what?
(a) The Wickburg Cinema
(b) The doctor’s office
(c) The Burnside Public Library
(d) The school nurse’s office
4. Jane comes to learn that the Avenger’s murders of the school bully and his grandfather took place how many years ago in the end of Part Two?
5. How old is Amos Dalton described as being on the newscast as Buddy watches in Part Two?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Buddy as he’s still reeling from the news story about Jane’s abduction in Part Two?
2. Buddy first meets Jane’s parents when they encounter them on the street leaving what business in Part Two?
3. How does the Avenger commit suicide in Part Two?
4. Who is the police chief who states that the investigation of Jane’s abduction and the suicide of her captor is continuing on the newscast in Part Two?
5. What month is it when Jane and Buddy run into one another at the mall after their breakup in Part Two?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Buddy learn of Jane’s abduction in Part Two? Where has Jane’s family gone by this time?
2. What is unexpected about the breakup of Jane and Buddy in Part Two?
3. Describe the narrative point of view in We All Fall Down. In what ways is this narrative style sophisticated?
4. How does the Avenger kill himself in Part Two? Why does he kill himself?
5. Who intercepts Jane and lures her to the abandoned lot in Part Two? How?
6. How does the author characterize the relationship between Buddy and Jane prior to their breakup in the novel?
7. How does the author delineate the strengths and weaknesses of his characters in We All Fall Down?
8. How is the Jerome family characterized in the novel? How does this family unit differ from others presented in the story?
9. How are the characters of Randy and Marty depicted in We All Fall Down? How do these characters differ from Buddy Walker?
10. How does Buddy’s fall at the mall stand out among examples of characters “falling down” in the novel?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)