|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Buddy and his friends stop to clean up after trashing the Jerome home and attacking Karen in Part One?
(a) The mall
(b) Jedson Park
(c) Wickburg Regional
(d) The First Congregational Church
2. The damage estimated on the home that is invaded in the opening of the novel is how much?
3. How old is Karen Jerome in Part One of the novel?
4. Jane describes her house and the street it is on as something like you might see in what old television show in Part One?
(b) The Brady Bunch
(c) The Brat Pack
(d) Leave it to Beaver
5. Who is the bully described from the Avenger’s perspective that “spent the day snickering” in Part One?
(a) Vaughn Masterson
(b) Mickey Stallings
(c) Randy Pierce
(d) Amos Dalton
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Harry constantly call his friends after the vandalism and attack as they leave the Jerome home that Buddy considers to be Harry’s “black talk”?
2. What boy does Jane recall as having completely ignored her after their first date in Part One?
3. Of the Avenger, the narrator says in Part One, “He was good at planning. His mother called it” what?
4. What television show does Mickey say is his favorite in Part One?
5. Harry’s father is described as having what job position in Part One?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Vaughn Masterson’s death described in the newspapers?
2. How does the author effectively draw the reader into the story in Part One?
3. Where does the Avenger spend much of his time trying to track down the vandals who destroyed the Jerome home in Part One? What impression does he have when he encounters Jane Jerome here?
4. What is significant about the title of We All Fall Down? From where is this title derived?
5. How do the boys respond when Buddy expresses regret over the incident at the Jerome home during the vandalism in Part One?
6. What information does Mr. Jerome relate to the police detective after the vandalism in Part One?
7. How did Harry Flowers obtain the key to the Jerome household, as revealed in Part Two?
8. How does the narrator in Part One describe the character of the Avenger? How old is he said to be?
9. Describe the character of Buddy Walker in Part One. What makes Buddy a “likeable” character in the novel?
10. At what time do the home invaders depart the Jerome home in the beginning of Part One? What damage is left in their wake?
This section contains 887 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)