|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What little boy from two doors down from Jane’s house is described as specializing in “riding his bike helter-skelter on the sidewalk” in Part One?
(a) Mickey Stallings
(b) Vaughn Masterson
(c) Mikey Bryan
(d) Randy Pierce
2. What television show does Mickey say is his favorite in Part One?
(a) The Weather Show
(b) Wheel of Fortune
(d) Days of Our Lives
3. When the death of the school bully that the Avenger killed is reported in the paper, it is noted that the weapon was stolen from whose apartment a month earlier?
(a) Marty Sanders’s
(b) Louis Kendrick’s
(c) Randy Pierce’s
(d) Mickey Stallings’s
4. The title of We All Fall Down comes from what literary allusion in the novel?
(a) Humpty Dumpty
(b) Ring Around the Rosy
(c) The Raven
(d) Days of Our Lives
5. What is the name of the Avenger’s grandfather?
(a) Louis Kendrick
(b) Randy Pierce
(c) Marty Sanders
(d) Vaughn Masterson
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the little boy that the Avenger watches the school bully torture every day, “tripping him, pulling his shirt out of his pants, tweaking his cheeks”?
2. Jane describes her house and the street it is on as something like you might see in what old television show in Part One?
3. What is the name of the woman that Buddy’s father has been having an affair with, according to Buddy’s sister in Part One?
4. What grade in school is the Avenger when he kills the school bully in Part One?
5. What is the name of the Avenger’s mother in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the central societal issues faced by the main characters in We All Fall Down?
2. How does Jane discover Buddy’s drinking in Part Two? How does she address the issue?
3. What is significant about the setting of We All Fall Down in relation to the central topics addressed in the novel?
4. How and why does the Avenger go about killing Vaughn Masterson?
5. How is Buddy Walker’s descent into alcoholism described in Part One? What led Buddy to begin drinking?
6. When, precisely, do the vandals break into the Jerome home in the beginning of Part One? Who encounters them as they are vandalizing the house?
7. Where does the Avenger spend much of his time trying to track down the vandals who destroyed the Jerome home in Part One? What impression does he have when he encounters Jane Jerome here?
8. What happens when Karen Jerome flees from her attackers during the break-in in Part One?
9. What are the central questions that arise in the plot of We All Fall Down? How do these questions relate to the novel’s themes?
10. How does the relationship between Buddy Walker and Jane Jerome begin in Part Two?
This section contains 969 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)