|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Buddy and Jane occasionally meet to do their homework together once they’ve started dating in Part Two?
(a) Burnside High
(b) Burnside Public Library
(c) Monument High
(d) Monument Public Library
2. At what time does Buddy wake up in his car outside the hospital after falling asleep while waiting for Jane to appear in the end of Part Two?
(a) 10:00 a.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(c) 10:20 a.m.
(d) 9:30 a.m.
3. What river do Jane and Buddy walk along holding hands in Part Two?
(a) The Colorado River
(b) The Hudson River
(c) The Grange River
(d) The Klamath River
4. Buddy is in what class at his high school in Part Two?
(a) Repeat Freshman
5. Buddy considers going to the Mall to surprise Jane and her mother and buy them coffee where in Part Two?
(c) Dunkin’ Donuts
(d) Burger King
6. What doctor has prescribed sleeping pills for Jane when her family is in seclusion in Part Two?
(a) Dr. Ross
(b) Dr. Hamlin
(c) Dr. Allison
(d) Dr. Smith
7. The day that Buddy falls “instantly and irrevocably in love with Jane Jerome” is a Friday in what month?
8. What is a central theme that permeates We All Fall Down?
(a) Political corruption
(c) Sisterly love
(d) Marriage and weddings
9. Who calls Buddy as he’s still reeling from the news story about Jane’s abduction in Part Two?
(a) Alice Currier
(b) Randy Pierce
(c) Cindy Dennedy
(d) Addy Walker
10. What is “the word that Jane used to describe the car as her father drove to the hospital” in Part Two?
11. How is the restaurant described where Buddy meets his father in Part Two?
(a) One of those chains with knickknacks everywhere
(b) One of those brass-and-fern restaurants
(c) One of those fancy steakhouses
(d) One of those tacky seafood bars
12. Amos Dalton comes running up to Jane when she’s on her way home and pleads with her to come with him because there’s an emergency in Part Two. On his way, he drops his books. What is the title of one of the books Amos drops?
(a) Gone With the Wind
(b) Encyclopedia Brown
(d) The Adventures of Tom Sawyer
13. What is the name of the individual who is described as Jane’s abductor as Buddy watches the news in Part Two?
(a) Michael Stallings
(b) Harry Flowers
(c) Randy Pierce
(d) Amos Dalton
14. What color hair is Jane described as having in the novel?
15. How does the Avenger commit suicide in Part Two?
(a) He hangs himself
(b) He slits his wrists
(c) He shoots himself
(d) He jumps from a bridge
Short Answer Questions
1. When Buddy confronts Harry outside the school cafeteria, Harry tells him he doesn’t want to talk because they’re serving his favorite dish that day. What is it?
2. Who wrote, “In a real dark night of the soul it is always three o’clock in the morning”?
3. What are described in the end of Part Two as Jane’s “only moments of light and gladness—not gladness exactly but absence of sadness, perhaps”?
4. Where does Harry say he picked up Jane Jerome’s key when she dropped it in Part Two?
5. Jane comes to learn that the Avenger’s murders of the school bully and his grandfather took place how many years ago in the end of Part Two?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)