|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are described in the end of Part Two as Jane’s “only moments of light and gladness—not gladness exactly but absence of sadness, perhaps”?
(a) Her visits to Karen
(b) Her visits with Buddy
(c) Her visits with Artie
(d) Her visits to Vaughn
2. How is the restaurant described where Buddy meets his father in Part Two?
(a) One of those fancy steakhouses
(b) One of those tacky seafood bars
(c) One of those chains with knickknacks everywhere
(d) One of those brass-and-fern restaurants
3. When Jane begins to shout at the Avenger as she’s tied to the chair in Part Two, he tells her, “Don’t yell—don’t scream. If you scream, I’ll have to do to you what I did to Vaughn Masterson and” whom?
(a) My grandfather
(b) My grandmother
(c) My mother
(d) My father
4. How old is Jane’s abductor described as being on the newscast that Buddy watches in Part Two?
5. Who calls Buddy as he contemplates taking a drink from the bottle in the garage in Part Two?
(a) His father
(b) Karen Jerome
(c) His mother
(d) Jane Jerome
6. How old does the Avenger tell Jane he is in Part Two?
7. The Avenger tells Jane in Part Two that he convinced Amos Dalton to help him by giving him what?
(a) $10 for books
(b) $25 for candy
(c) $5 for books
(d) $20 for books
8. Where does Harry say he picked up Jane Jerome’s key when she dropped it in Part Two?
(a) At the Mall
(b) At Jedson Park
(c) At church
(d) At school
9. When Buddy confronts Harry outside the school cafeteria, Harry tells him he doesn’t want to talk because they’re serving his favorite dish that day. What is it?
(b) Chicken tenders
10. Where is author Robert Cormier from?
(a) Seattle, Washington
(b) Leominster, Massachusetts
(c) Boston, Massachusetts
(d) Lexington, Kentucky
11. What weapon does the Avenger present and torment Jane with in Part Two?
(a) A knife
(b) A sword
(c) A rope
(d) A revolver
12. Who is Jane’s favorite uncle that greets her following Jane’s abduction in Part Two?
(a) Uncle Sam
(b) Uncle Jack
(c) Uncle Rod
(d) Uncle Peter
13. How does Jane respond when the Avenger tells her that Buddy was one of the trashers in Part Two?
(a) She kicks him
(b) She screams
(c) She vomits
(d) She curses
14. Who calls Buddy as he’s still reeling from the news story about Jane’s abduction in Part Two?
(a) Cindy Dennedy
(b) Alice Currier
(c) Randy Pierce
(d) Addy Walker
15. When Karen awakes from her coma, she is in relatively good condition with what exception?
(a) She cannot hear
(b) She cannot move
(c) She cannot breathe without a machine
(d) She cannot speak
Short Answer Questions
1. What river do Jane and Buddy walk along holding hands in Part Two?
2. Buddy’s parents brought Buddy and his sister up in what religion?
3. Where do Buddy and Jane occasionally meet to do their homework together once they’ve started dating in Part Two?
4. Who is the protagonist of We All Fall Down?
5. What’s the name of the cologne that Buddy begins wearing after he and Jane have become a couple in Part Two?
This section contains 535 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)