|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Buddy Walker is described as breaking “the mirror of the girl’s bedroom, using” what, in Part One?
(a) His bare hands
(b) The Statue of Liberty
(c) An iron crowbar
(d) A new baseball bat
2. How old is the Avenger described from his perspective in Part One?
3. Of the Avenger, the narrator says in Part One, “He was good at planning. His mother called it” what?
(a) Being studious
(d) Being lazy
4. What television show does Mickey say is his favorite in Part One?
(a) The Weather Show
(c) Wheel of Fortune
(d) Days of Our Lives
5. Which of Jane Jerome’s friends is described as “a giggler” in Part One?
(a) Karen Wilson
(b) Jennifer Smith
(c) Patti Amarelli
(d) Leslie Cairns
6. At what time “on the dot” does Buddy’s mother demand that he and his sister show up at the table for dinner each evening, according to the narrator in Part One?
(a) 6:30 p.m.
(b) 7:15 p.m.
(c) 6:15 p.m.
(d) 7:10 p.m.
7. On what street does the Jerome family live in the novel?
(a) Willow Street
(b) Arbor Lane
(c) Fifth Avenue
(d) Azalea Avenue
8. What afternoon snack does the Avenger share with his mother when he arrives home after killing the school bully in Part One?
(a) Peanut butter sandwiches
(b) Boloney sandwiches
(c) Milk and cookies
(d) Strawberry shortcake
9. What kind of liquor is Buddy drinking in his father’s garage in Part One?
(a) Seagram’s Gin
(b) Malibu Rum
(c) Jack Daniels Whiskey
(d) Crown Whiskey
10. What little boy from the neighborhood that is constantly bullied does Jane recall seeing her little brother defend in Part One?
(a) Mickey Stallings
(b) Marty Sanders
(c) Kenny Crane
(d) Amos Dalton
11. The narrator says in Part One, “The first time he saw Randy and Marty together, Buddy flashed back to an old movie on television.” What was the movie?
(a) The Maltese Falcon
(b) Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
(c) One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest
(d) Breakfast at Tiffany’s
12. How old is Jane Jerome in the beginning of We All Fall Down?
13. About how long has the Jerome family lived in the town they currently live in, according to the narrator in the beginning of Part One?
(a) 1 year
(b) 6 weeks
(c) 6 months
(d) 2 years
14. How much allowance does Buddy’s father send him once a week after he’s moved out of the house in Part One?
15. What “old-time movie producer” does the Avenger’s grandfather always quote?
(a) Orson Welles
(b) David Lynch
(c) Henry Weinstein
(d) Sam Goldwyn
Short Answer Questions
1. What little boy does Jane describe in Part One as being “like a premature middle-aged man. Always a worried look on his face, always carrying one or two library books.”
2. How old is Buddy’s little sister in Part One?
3. At what time does Karen Jerome arrive home during the home invasion in the beginning of Part One?
4. What is the name of Jane and Karen’s mother in the novel?
5. The damage estimated on the home that is invaded in the opening of the novel is how much?
This section contains 503 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)