|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Jane and Karen’s younger brother?
(a) Amos Jerome
(b) Peter Jerome
(c) Paul Jerome
(d) Artie Jerome
2. Buddy Walker is described as breaking “the mirror of the girl’s bedroom, using” what, in Part One?
(a) A new baseball bat
(b) The Statue of Liberty
(c) An iron crowbar
(d) His bare hands
3. What doctor do Artie’s parents take him to when his night terrors begin in Part One?
(a) Dr. Allison
(b) Dr. Ross
(c) Dr. Fremont
(d) Dr. Thompson
4. What does the Avenger do with the weapon after he’s murdered the school bully in Part One?
(a) He throws it into the river
(b) He takes it back to where he stole it
(c) He places it in the left hand of the victim
(d) He hides it in the bushes behind the house
5. How long ago does the narrator say Buddy got his driver’s license in Part One?
(a) 7 months ago
(b) 6 weeks ago
(c) 1 year ago
(d) 2 years ago
6. What do Randy and Marty argue about as Buddy and his friends drive away from the house they’ve demolished in Part One?
(a) The merits of ketchup and mustard
(b) Whether or not they should have trashed the house
(c) Whether or not the girl was killed
(d) Whether or not the girl was raped
7. What does Harry constantly call his friends after the vandalism and attack as they leave the Jerome home that Buddy considers to be Harry’s “black talk”?
8. What is Buddy’s little sister’s name in the novel?
(a) Sarah Walker
(b) Christina Walker
(c) Addy Walker
(d) Jennifer Walker
9. Where does Jane recall her father having been transferred from when they relocated to this town in Part One?
10. On what date does Mickey tell Jane it will be time to plant the tomatoes in Part One?
(a) May 30
(b) July 1
(c) June 30
(d) April 30
11. What are the names of the girls that Jane has befriended since she’s transferred to her new school?
(a) Patti Amarelli and Leslie Cairns
(b) Felicia Gray and Jessica Peters
(c) Sarah Gilliam and Rachel Duncan
(d) Karen Smith and Betty Masters
12. To what city do Artie’s parents take him to see a doctor when his night terrors begin in Part One?
13. What is the label that Harry Flowers gives for the exploits of his gang in Part One?
(a) Wild Time
(b) Danger Time
14. What is the name of the man who is friends with Jane’s father and the boss of the work crew that repairs the damages to their house in Part One?
(a) Mr. Peacock
(b) Mr. Smith
(c) Mr. Stoddard
(d) Mr. Stallings
15. What is the name of the school that the Avenger attends when he kills the school bully?
(a) Burnside High
(b) Monument High
(c) Lucy Peary Elementary School
(d) Wickburg Regional
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the venue across the street from the Mall where “all the big stars appeared,” including “New Kids on the Block and Billy Joel and Madonna”?
2. Harry’s father is described as having what job position in Part One?
3. How old was Buddy’s sister when she fell from a tree and broke her arm?
4. How old is Jane Jerome in the beginning of We All Fall Down?
5. What little boy does Jane describe in Part One as being “like a premature middle-aged man. Always a worried look on his face, always carrying one or two library books.”
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)