|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what holiday does the narrator describe the home invasion taking place in the beginning of Part One?
(a) April Fool’s Day
(b) Valentine’s Day
2. What is the Avenger’s primary mode of transportation in Part One?
(a) A car
(b) A bike
3. What is the name of the Avenger’s grandfather?
(a) Vaughn Masterson
(b) Marty Sanders
(c) Louis Kendrick
(d) Randy Pierce
4. How many rooms comprise the “Cape Cod cottage” that is trashed in the beginning of the novel?
(a) 7 rooms
(b) 3 rooms
(c) 5 rooms
(d) 10 rooms
5. At what time does Karen Jerome arrive home during the home invasion in the beginning of Part One?
(a) 9:33 p.m.
(b) 2:14 a.m.
(c) 9:46 p.m.
(d) 10:02 p.m.
6. With what weapon does the Avenger kill the school bully in Part One?
(a) A dagger
(b) A crowbar
(c) A revolver
(d) A butcher knife
7. What is the name of the Avenger’s mother in the novel?
8. The narrator describes Mr. Jerome as serving on the committee for what charitable organization every year in Part One?
(a) The Red Cross
(b) The Blue Cross
(c) The United Way
(d) The Salvation Army
9. How does the narrator describe Buddy’s mother in Part One?
(a) Fat and slovenly
(b) Dirty and addiction-riddled
(c) Slim and elegant
(d) Classless and cold
10. Where is Buddy when Harry Flowers first talks to him and tells him “You need action” in Part One?
(a) At the First Congregational Church
(b) At Jedson Park
(c) At the Mall
(d) At Wickburg Regional
11. On what floor of the high-rise for the elderly does the Avenger’s grandfather live on in the novel?
(a) The tenth floor
(b) The third floor
(c) The fifth floor
(d) The fourth floor
12. Buddy Walker is described as breaking “the mirror of the girl’s bedroom, using” what, in Part One?
(a) A new baseball bat
(b) The Statue of Liberty
(c) His bare hands
(d) An iron crowbar
13. What is the name of the high school that Jane attends in the novel?
(a) Burnside High
(b) McKinley High
(c) Landside High
(d) Petersville High
14. What friend of Buddy’s does Karen bite on the hand as she attempts to flee her attackers in Part One?
(a) Harry Flowers
(b) Mickey Pierce
(c) Randy Pierce
(d) Marty Sanders
15. How old is the Avenger described from his perspective in Part One?
Short Answer Questions
1. How many beer cans are left behind from the home invaders in the beginning of Part One?
2. From whom had the Avenger stolen the weapon that he uses to murder the school bully in Part One?
3. Where do Buddy and his friends drive after leaving the Jerome house in shambles and Karen in the cellar in Part One?
4. What is one of the few things that the home invaders did not break in the Jerome home, according to Jane in Part One?
5. The title of We All Fall Down comes from what literary allusion in the novel?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)