|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the venue across the street from the Mall where “all the big stars appeared,” including “New Kids on the Block and Billy Joel and Madonna”?
(a) The Concenter
(b) The Concertplex
(c) The Burnside Arena
(d) The Landside Arena
2. To what city do Artie’s parents take him to see a doctor when his night terrors begin in Part One?
3. What kind of dead animal does Mr. Jerome describe having found in his mailbox in the past year when he’s speaking to the police detective after the vandalism in Part One?
(a) A squirrel
(b) A turtle
(c) A bird
(d) A rabbit
4. What doctor do Artie’s parents take him to when his night terrors begin in Part One?
(a) Dr. Ross
(b) Dr. Fremont
(c) Dr. Thompson
(d) Dr. Allison
5. Where do Buddy and his friends stop to clean up after trashing the Jerome home and attacking Karen in Part One?
(a) Wickburg Regional
(b) Jedson Park
(c) The First Congregational Church
(d) The mall
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Avenger’s mother in the novel?
2. What little boy from the neighborhood that is constantly bullied does Jane recall seeing her little brother defend in Part One?
3. Who is the little boy that the Avenger watches the school bully torture every day, “tripping him, pulling his shirt out of his pants, tweaking his cheeks”?
4. About how long has the Jerome family lived in the town they currently live in, according to the narrator in the beginning of Part One?
5. Buddy Walker is described as breaking “the mirror of the girl’s bedroom, using” what, in Part One?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)