Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mirabell, on the other hand, ask of Mrs. Millamant if they are married?
2. What does Sir Rowland claim as he enters the dining room and greets Lady Wishfort?
3. Which room in Lady Wishfort's house is the setting for Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What else does Sir Wilfull say when he apologizes for his drunken behavior?
5. How does Mrs. Millamant show her devilish attitude during her chat with Mrs. Marwood?
Did you like the ending of the play? Do you think it was consistent with the events leading up to the conclusion? How would you have changed it? Write a brief essay explaining how you felt about Congreve's ending.
The motives of the characters seem to determine their success in the play. Discuss the different character's motivations in this play. Did any of them have the same motivations? What factors influenced the character's motivations?
Why do you think that the audiences of Restoration society did not like the play? Would audiences today be more receptive? Why or why not.
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)