|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mirabell, on the other hand, ask of Mrs. Millamant if they are married?
2. What does Sir Rowland claim as he enters the dining room and greets Lady Wishfort?
3. Which room in Lady Wishfort's house is the setting for Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What else does Sir Wilfull say when he apologizes for his drunken behavior?
5. How does Mrs. Millamant show her devilish attitude during her chat with Mrs. Marwood?
Essay Topic 1
Do the characters in the play show growth or changes as the play progresses? How much of the play's meaning depends on this growth? How do you think the characters will have changed five or ten years from now?
Essay Topic 2
How much are the characters molded by their time and place? Would the same characters act differently in modern society? What traits would remain the same and which ones would be replaced with other traits?
Essay Topic 3
Throughout the play, Congreve has used poetic devices such as eavesdropping, foreshadowing, and symbols. Citing examples from the play, how did he use each element? Was his use of the device effective or not? Explain.
This section contains 945 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)