Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mirabell, on the other hand, ask of Mrs. Millamant if they are married?
2. What does Sir Rowland claim as he enters the dining room and greets Lady Wishfort?
3. Which room in Lady Wishfort's house is the setting for Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What else does Sir Wilfull say when he apologizes for his drunken behavior?
5. How does Mrs. Millamant show her devilish attitude during her chat with Mrs. Marwood?
Essay Topic 1
Witwoud, Sir Wilfull, and Petulant are minor characters in the play. They provide comic relief and further the plot along.
Part 1) Compare and contrast the two cousins: Witwoud and Sir Wilfull.
Part 2) What do you think would have happened in the play if Sir Wilfull had insisted on marrying Mrs. Millamant?
Part 3) Describe how Petulant tries to show his importance.
Essay Topic 2
Congreve was criticized because he did not use farce in his play. Why was this important to the audiences? How is farce used in today's literature, movies, and TV programs?
Essay Topic 3
In the prologue, Congreve claims that tastes are determined by fate and that natural fools are blessed by fate. What does he mean? Does fate determine our destiny? Why or why not? Explain your answer.
This section contains 338 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)