Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mirabell, on the other hand, ask of Mrs. Millamant if they are married?
2. What does Sir Rowland claim as he enters the dining room and greets Lady Wishfort?
3. Which room in Lady Wishfort's house is the setting for Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What else does Sir Wilfull say when he apologizes for his drunken behavior?
5. How does Mrs. Millamant show her devilish attitude during her chat with Mrs. Marwood?
How much are the characters molded by their time and place? Would the same characters act differently in modern society? What traits would remain the same and which ones would be replaced with other traits?
Congreve seemed to be critical of Restoration society for various reasons. Find at least three examples in the play that illustrate his criticism. Explain why he thought each one of these points was negative. How would he have changed these failings? Explain your answer in detail.
How has Congreve worked to make us feel sympathetic to certain characters while having no sympathy for others? Explain your answer with specific examples from the play.
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)