|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer the question with a short answer.
1. How is this play properly classified?
2. Why did Waitwell marry Foible?
3. What is Lady Wishfort's reaction to Mrs. Marwood's suggestion about Mrs. Fainall?
4. Why would tabloid reporters be unable to judge the play?
5. Why is the Fainall marriage over?
Short Essay Questions
Directions: Answer the questions with a short paragraph.
1. What do you think is Congreve's purpose in establishing an affair between Fainall and Mrs. Marwood?
2. Explain Mrs. Fainall's relief at not being found out by her mother.
This section contains 1,076 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)