Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mirabell, on the other hand, ask of Mrs. Millamant if they are married?
2. What does Sir Rowland claim as he enters the dining room and greets Lady Wishfort?
3. Which room in Lady Wishfort's house is the setting for Act 4, Scene 2?
4. What else does Sir Wilfull say when he apologizes for his drunken behavior?
5. How does Mrs. Millamant show her devilish attitude during her chat with Mrs. Marwood?
Essay Topic 1
Congreve's play is a comedy yet it has serious overtones. Explain how the playwright achieves both in this work. Give examples to illustrate your points.
Essay Topic 2
The motives of the characters seem to determine their success in the play. Discuss the different character's motivations in this play. Did any of them have the same motivations? What factors influenced the character's motivations?
Essay Topic 3
In your opinion, who was the most successful character in achieving his or her goals in the play? Why have you chosen this character? Explain why you think this character succeeded where other failed.
This section contains 307 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)