|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mirabell, on the other hand, ask of Mrs. Millamant if they are married?
(a) To love him always.
(b) To plot with only her female friends.
(c) To never be as unfaithful as Mrs. Fainall.
(d) To not become a gossip.
2. What does Sir Rowland claim as he enters the dining room and greets Lady Wishfort?
(a) He wants to have a quiet wedding in the country.
(b) He will die of a broken heart if their marriage is delayed.
(c) He claims that Mirabell will starve him to prevent their marriage.
(d) He will be patient and wait for the wedding to occur.
3. Which room in Lady Wishfort's house is the setting for Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The dining room.
(c) The conservatory.
(d) The parlor.
4. What else does Sir Wilfull say when he apologizes for his drunken behavior?
(a) Claims he must continue with his travels.
(b) Promises that he will never drink again.
(c) Says he is ready to marry Mrs. Millamant.
(d) States that he is leaving on his travels.
5. How does Mrs. Millamant show her devilish attitude during her chat with Mrs. Marwood?
(a) She fusses at Mincing.
(b) She demands Mrs. Marwood sing a song.
(c) She states she doesn't believe Mrs. Marwood's relationships are noble.
(d) She makes remarks about Mrs. Marwood's age.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Wishfort's reaction to Mrs. Marwood's suggestion about Mrs. Fainall?
2. What does Congreve's cheerful discussion of marriage reveal to the audience?
3. Lady Wishfort has arranged for the party to include all of the following except one item. Which one is it?
4. Why is the Fainall marriage over?
5. What does the item that Waitwell brings into the room in the last scene contain?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)