|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has happened to Waitwell after Lady Wishfort discovers what he really is?
(a) Mirabell fires him.
(b) Mrs. Marwood berates him.
(c) Fainall had him arrested.
(d) Foible tries to kill him.
2. How does Mrs. Millamant show her devilish attitude during her chat with Mrs. Marwood?
(a) She demands Mrs. Marwood sing a song.
(b) She makes remarks about Mrs. Marwood's age.
(c) She states she doesn't believe Mrs. Marwood's relationships are noble.
(d) She fusses at Mincing.
3. Why does Lady Wishfort criticize her daughter, Mrs. Fainall?
(a) She is jealous of her love affairs.
(b) Mrs. Marwood convinces her of Mrs. Fainall's chastity.
(c) She believes the moral example she set should have been followed.
(d) Because she discovers she is an adulteress.
4. Why does Lady Wishfort claim she cannot turn over her fortune to Fainall?
(a) Because Mrs. Millamant has agreed to marry Sir Wilfull.
(b) Because she has no fortune.
(c) Because she doesn't like being blackmailed.
(d) Because of her legal counsel.
5. What does the final couplet of the play warn the audience against?
(a) Falsehood and adultery in marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. In order for Mrs. Millamant to become Mirabell's prize, he must first ___________ .
2. Why does Mrs. Millamant agree to marry Sir Wilfull?
3. Lady Wishfort convinces herself that her daughter is innocent in a soliloquy. What is a soliloquy?
4. What purpose does the interaction between Sir Rowland and Lady Wishfort serve as they discuss marriage?
5. What is Lady Wishfort's reaction to Mrs. Marwood's suggestion about Mrs. Fainall?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)