Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Prologue
1. What is a prologue?
2. The actor who reads the prologue also plays which character?
3. The prologue begins with a comparison of what?
4. Who are the fools spoken of in the prologue?
5. What are the tastes of poets determined by?
6. Are the tastes of poets random?
7. What is the second kind of fool blessed by?
8. Why are poets often fooled?
9. What does the success of Congreve's play depend on?
10. What is the purpose of the play?
11. Why does Congreve tell the audience that they will not be offended to any reference to fools in the play?
12. Why does the prologue refer...
This section contains 2,179 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)