|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mirabell's plan consist of?
(a) Entering into a plot with Mrs. Marwood.
(b) Hiding his true feelings about Mrs. Fainall.
(c) Winning Mrs. Millamant's aunt's favor so she would give her blessing.
(d) Trying to make others believe that he wasn't interested in Mrs. Millamant.
2. Which character(s) leave the dining room in Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) Mrs. Millamant and Mrs. Fainall.
(b) Sir Wilfull.
(c) Lady Wishfort.
3. Why does Petulant hire three prostitutes?
(a) Feign importance to his peers.
(b) Show his lack of social sensitivity.
(c) Satisfy his sexual needs.
(d) Act as a foil to his popularity.
4. Which room in Lady Wishfort's house is the setting for Act 4, Scene 2?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The conservatory.
(c) The dining room.
(d) The parlor.
5. How does Witwoud describe Petulant?
(a) As a person lacking breeding.
(b) As humorless.
(c) As a blockhead.
(d) As a monster similar to Caliban.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Wishfort doing as Act 4, Scene 2 commences?
2. Why is Congreve's play timeless?
3. What is a chocolate house?
4. What does Lady Wishfort do when she enters her dressing room?
5. What does Mrs. Fainall ask the maids to do for her at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)