|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Millamant agree to marry Sir Wilfull?
(a) Acquire Sir Wilfull's money.
(b) Get revenge on Mirabell.
(c) Secure her fortune.
(d) Achieve her freedom.
2. What does Lady Wishfort ask Mrs. Marwood to do after Foible's announcement?
(a) She asks Mrs. Marwood to receive her guests.
(b) She asks her help in dressing.
(c) She asks her to accompany her to dinner.
(d) She asks Mrs. Marwood to keep Witwoud and Petulant company.
3. When Mrs. Millamant makes her first appearance on stage, Mrs. Millimant interacts with Mirabell and Mrs. Fainall. Which word best describes Mrs. Millamant's character after this scene?
4. What does Mrs. Marwood do to stop the argument between Petulant and Sir Wilfull in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) She introduces the two brothers.
(b) She asks Sir Wilfull to stay in the city.
(c) She says she has a headache.
(d) She asks them to be quiet.
5. Lady Wishfort convinces herself that her daughter is innocent in a soliloquy. What is a soliloquy?
(a) A speech defending one's position before the other characters.
(b) A heartfelt speech aimed at convincing the audience of one's justification in a certain act.
(c) A short speech to another character.
(d) A speech given by a character to reveal his or her thoughts to the audience, but not to other characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are poets often fooled?
2. What are Mrs. Fainall and Mrs. Marwood doing to each other in the park?
3. What has Lady Wishfort discovered that has her so angry at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. What demands does Mrs. Millamant's discussion with Mirabell about marriage reveal?
5. What does the prologue do?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)