|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Mrs. Fainall and Mrs. Marwood as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) In Lady Wishfort's house
(b) In the country.
(c) In St. James Park.
(d) At Mrs. Fainall's house.
2. Why does Fainall say he married his wife?
(a) For her money.
(b) For her social position.
(c) For love.
(d) For her good breeding.
3. Congreve's character Mirabell is a master ________ .
(d) Of all trades.
4. What does Mrs. Marwood mean when she tells Lady Wishfort she was entertained by what she heard?
(a) She was amused.
(b) She found the situation hilariously funny.
(c) She was offended.
(d) She could hardly contain her anger.
5. With respect to Sir Wilfull, what does Mrs. Marwood suggest to Lady Wishfort?
(a) Sir Wilfull is going to continue his travels.
(b) Sir Wilfull is a drunkard.
(c) Sir Wilfull is a country bumpkin.
(d) Sir Wilfull will make an excellent husband for Mrs. Millamant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a chocolate house?
2. What did Lady Wishfort say or do that offended Mirabell?
3. Why does Congreve tell the audience that they will not be offended to any reference to fools in the play?
4. What phrase describes the relationship between Mirabell and Mrs. Fainall?
5. What purpose does the interaction between Sir Rowland and Lady Wishfort serve as they discuss marriage?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)