|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Witwoud describe Petulant?
(a) As a blockhead.
(b) As humorless.
(c) As a monster similar to Caliban.
(d) As a person lacking breeding.
2. Are the tastes of poets random?
3. What does Mrs. Marwood do to stop the argument between Petulant and Sir Wilfull in Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) She asks Sir Wilfull to stay in the city.
(b) She asks them to be quiet.
(c) She says she has a headache.
(d) She introduces the two brothers.
4. How much is Mrs. Millamant's fortune?
(a) About ten thousand dollars.
(b) The play doesn't state a specific sum.
(c) A small sum, six thousand pounds.
(d) Six thousand pounds, a vast fortune.
5. Why were Witwoud and Petulant arguing at the end of Act 4, Scent 1?
(a) They were drunk and garrulous.
(b) Fainall is trying to keep Mrs. Millamant and Sir Wilfull together.
(c) It is the result of Fainall's plan to keep Sir Wilfull from obtaining Lady Wishfort's approval.
(d) They dislike Fainall and Sir Wilfull.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Foible convince Lady Wishfort to announce about the uncle?
2. What are Mrs. Fainall and Mrs. Marwood doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. What does Lady Wishfort ask Mrs. Marwood to do after Foible's announcement?
4. Who is the least important male character in the play?
5. What does Lady Wishfort demonstrate when she agrees to Fainall and Mrs. Marwood's schemes?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)