|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who are Witwoud and Petulant?
(a) Lady Wishfort's servants.
(b) Important gentlemen of this social group.
(c) Mrs. Millamant's servants.
(d) Followers of Mrs. Millamant.
2. Why is Fainall upset with Mrs. Marwood at the end of Act 3, Scene 3?
(a) Because she spoiled his plans to get Mrs. Millamant's fortune.
(b) Because he loves Mrs. Millamant.
(c) Because she is clearly not in love with him.
(d) Because his wife shouldn't be having an affair with Mirabell, so he is angry at the world.
3. Why does Mrs. Millamant leave the room after the arrival of Witwoud and Petulant?
(a) She believes that Mirabell is coming.
(b) She becomes frustrated with Witwoud and Petulant.
(c) She needs to get dressed for dinner.
(d) She dislikes them.
4. What does Mrs. Marwood's discussion with Fainall reveal about her character?
(a) It demonstrates her ability to get information from anyone.
(b) It shows she conspires with him often.
(c) It conveys her willingness to hurt anyone in order to get her way.
(d) It suggests Fainall blackmailed Mirabell about his affair with his wife, Mrs. Fainall.
5. What phrase describes the relationship between Mirabell and Mrs. Fainall?
(a) They were never romantically involved.
(b) They were previously lovers.
(c) They are lovers.
(d) They are brother and sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Marwood do to stop the argument between Petulant and Sir Wilfull in Act 3, Scene 3?
2. What does Mrs. Marwood's letter to Lady Wishfort reveal?
3. Are the tastes of poets random?
4. What word best describes the relationship Fainall has with Mrs. Marwood?
5. What are the tastes of poets determined by?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)