|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Does Mrs. Marwood tell Lady Wishfort everything she overheard?
(b) We don't know.
(d) It is impossible to say.
2. Are the tastes of poets random?
3. By firing back at the audience, what does Congreve do?
(a) He infuriates the audience.
(b) He defends his decision to add some unusual and new elements to the play.
(c) He pretends to admire them while he really hates them.
(d) He lectures them about their lack of artistic understanding.
4. Why does Fainall say he married his wife?
(a) For her social position.
(b) For her good breeding.
(c) For love.
(d) For her money.
5. What was Mrs. Millamant's response to her aunt's statement?
(a) She laughs, too.
(b) She agrees with her.
(c) She feels hurt for Mirabell.
(d) She is offended.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Foible convince Lady Wishfort to announce about the uncle?
2. Why does Lady Wishfort question Foible in her dressing room?
3. For what purpose are the cosmetics used in Act 3, Scene 1?
4. What do the different marriages introduced in the play seem to be motivated by?
5. Where are Mrs. Fainall and Mrs. Marwood as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)