|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 4, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the second kind of fool blessed by?
(c) How their lives evolve over time.
(d) Religious beliefs.
2. What kind of person is Sir Wilfull Witwoud?
(b) Youthful and crude.
(c) Rude and pretentious.
(d) Genuine but uncultured.
3. What has Mrs. Marwood overheard in her hiding place while Lady Wishfort questions Foible and after Lady Wishfort leaves the room?
(a) Mrs. Fainall's affection for her.
(b) All of Mirabell's plot.
(c) Lady Wishfort's plans.
(d) Foible's plans.
4. Why does Congreve choose this symbol of cosmetics?
(a) He believed that make-up is immoral.
(b) He wanted to acknowledge how beautiful it made women.
(c) He felt it served no purpose in life.
(d) He wanted to show how people change themselves because of vanity.
5. Who told Lady Wishfort about Mirabell's deception?
(b) Mrs. Marwood.
(d) Mrs. Millamant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Petulant hire three prostitutes?
2. Why are poets often fooled?
3. What does Mirabell suggest that Mrs. Fainall do if she no longer loves her husband?
4. Are the tastes of poets random?
5. What is the purpose of the play?
This section contains 271 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)