|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Mirabell leave Lady Wishfort's house the previous evening?
(a) Because he felt ill and wanted to rest at home.
(b) Because he felt unwelcome.
(c) Because he detested Lady Wishfort and only went because of Mrs. Millamant.
(d) Because of another commitment.
2. What is the relationship between Witwoud and Sir Wilfull Witwoud?
(a) They are half-brothers.
(b) They are distant relatives.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
3. How does Mrs. Marwood answer Fainall when he joins her in the park?
(a) She hates his wife.
(b) She is protective of Fainall's honor.
(c) She is tired of arguing with him.
(d) She wants to go home.
4. For what purpose are the cosmetics used in Act 3, Scene 1?
(a) As a way to disguise age.
(b) As a symbol of how people cover themselves up.
(c) As a device to mask one's feelings.
(d) As a symbol of loose morals.
5. How does Witwoud describe Petulant?
(a) As humorless.
(b) As a monster similar to Caliban.
(c) As a person lacking breeding.
(d) As a blockhead.
Short Answer Questions
1. What word best describes the relationship Fainall has with Mrs. Marwood?
2. What are the tastes of poets determined by?
3. Who is the least important male character in the play?
4. Who are the fools spoken of in the prologue?
5. Why does Mrs. Marwood only want to pretend she is cuckolding her husband?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)