|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the prologue do?
(a) Limits criticism of the play.
(b) Challenges the audience to try something new.
(c) Introduces Congreve and his play.
(d) Instructs the audience on how to react to the play.
2. Where are Mrs. Fainall and Mrs. Marwood as Act 2, Scene 1 opens?
(a) In the country.
(b) In Lady Wishfort's house
(c) In St. James Park.
(d) At Mrs. Fainall's house.
3. Are the tastes of poets random?
4. What word best describes the relationship Fainall has with Mrs. Marwood?
(a) Filled with underlying rage.
(c) Loving and tender.
5. How does Congreve use satire in the prologue?
(a) He suggests that farce is outdated.
(b) He uses theatrical devices to enhance satire.
(c) He states the play does not contain satire, but it is full of satirical pictures of the different behaviors of the characters.
(d) He makes fun of the audience.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Fainall bored when talking with Mirabell in the chocolate house?
2. What is Sir Wilfull's relationship with Lady Wishfort?
3. By firing back at the audience, what does Congreve do?
4. What does Mirabell's plan consist of?
5. Why did Mirabell leave Lady Wishfort's house the previous evening?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)