|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Another dramatic device is used in the final lines of Act 1, Scene 1 when Mirabell hints at a scheme involving Wishfort's maid. This device is known as:
2. Why is Mrs. Fainall's husband cold to her?
(a) He hates her for cuckolding him.
(b) He no longer loves her.
(c) His libido has lessened with age.
(d) Because of his affair with Mrs. Marwood.
3. What is Sir Wilfull's relationship with Lady Wishfort?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her nephew.
(c) He is her son.
(d) He is her brother.
4. Why does Mrs. Marwood only want to pretend she is cuckolding her husband?
(a) Because she thinks he doesn't love her any more.
(b) Because he will suffer longer if he can't prove it.
(c) Because he will suffer longer if he can't prove it.
(d) Because she thinks he loves Mrs. Millimant.
5. While drinking chocolate, what else are Mirabell and Fainall doing?
(a) Discussing their travel plans.
(b) Playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a prologue?
2. What are Mrs. Fainall and Mrs. Marwood doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 2?
3. Who is the least important male character in the play?
4. Act 2, Scene 2 reveals the reason Mrs. Fainall married her husband. What was the reason?
5. What is the purpose of this play's prologue?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)