|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fainall comment about the gathering the previous evening at Lady Wishfort's?
(a) Everyone knows that Mrs. Millamant is unhappy with Mirabell.
(b) Witwoud and Petulant are only trying to woo Mrs. Millamant.
(c) Mrs. Millamant was only obeying her aunt's wishes.
(d) Mrs. Millamant has another lover.
2. What do the different marriages introduced in the play seem to be motivated by?
(c) The need to protect their reputations.
(d) Social convenience.
3. Though Mrs. Millament doesn't act it, Mrs. Millamant actually ____________ Mirabell.
4. Why does Mrs. Marwood only want to pretend she is cuckolding her husband?
(a) Because she thinks he doesn't love her any more.
(b) Because he will suffer longer if he can't prove it.
(c) Because he will suffer longer if he can't prove it.
(d) Because she thinks he loves Mrs. Millimant.
5. What is the relationship between Witwoud and Sir Wilfull Witwoud?
(a) They are distant relatives.
(b) They are half-brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are brothers.
Short Answer Questions
1. Mirabell's plan involves ________ Lady Wishfort.
2. What is Lady Wishfort planning to do?
3. What does the success of Congreve's play depend on?
4. Another dramatic device is used in the final lines of Act 1, Scene 1 when Mirabell hints at a scheme involving Wishfort's maid. This device is known as:
5. What does Mrs. Marwood claim while talking to Mrs. Fainall?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)