|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Mrs. Millamant's response to her aunt's statement?
(a) She laughs, too.
(b) She feels hurt for Mirabell.
(c) She agrees with her.
(d) She is offended.
2. Why does Fainall say he married his wife?
(a) For love.
(b) For her money.
(c) For her social position.
(d) For her good breeding.
3. What word best describes the relationship Fainall has with Mrs. Marwood?
(b) Loving and tender.
(d) Filled with underlying rage.
4. Why does Mirabell criticize Fainall at the chocolate house?
(a) Because he dislikes Fainall's wife.
(b) Because he is angry with Fainall.
(c) Because he allowed his wife to ignored Mirabell the previous night.
(d) Because Fainall is drinking too much.
5. The prologue begins with a comparison of what?
(a) Poets and other artists.
(b) Fortune and destiny.
(c) Two kinds of fools.
(d) Poets and members of society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the prologue do?
2. Who is Mrs. Millamant?
3. What reason does Fainall give for Mirabell's deception being revealed?
4. Why does Mrs. Marwood only want to pretend she is cuckolding her husband?
5. What is the purpose of the play?
This section contains 297 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)