|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Mrs. Fainall and Mrs. Marwood doing to each other in the park?
(a) Testing each other about Mirabell.
(b) Trying to determine if the other is having an affair.
(c) Investigating each other's love affairs.
(d) Questioning each other about their opinion of love.
2. What does Mrs. Marwood claim while talking to Mrs. Fainall?
(a) Lovers are more passionate.
(b) She would rather love and be left than not be loved at all.
(c) Men are cold as husbands.
(d) She is cuckolding her husband with Mirabell.
3. Are the tastes of poets random?
4. Why does Fainall say he married his wife?
(a) For her social position.
(b) For love.
(c) For her money.
(d) For her good breeding.
5. Why is Mrs. Fainall's husband cold to her?
(a) His libido has lessened with age.
(b) He hates her for cuckolding him.
(c) Because of his affair with Mrs. Marwood.
(d) He no longer loves her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Congreve tell the audience that they will not be offended to any reference to fools in the play?
2. The actor who reads the prologue also plays which character?
3. Why does Mirabell criticize Fainall at the chocolate house?
4. Why were the first performances heavily criticized?
5. What does Fainall comment about the gathering the previous evening at Lady Wishfort's?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)