|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Lady Wishfort planning to do?
(a) Marry Mrs. Millamant to Mirabell's uncle.
(b) Marry Mirabell.
(c) Disinherit Mirabell.
(d) Divorce Fainall.
2. When Fainall enters in Act 5, Scene 2, what does he do?
(a) He begins to dictate his terms.
(b) He states he is divorcing her daughter.
(c) He suggests Lady Wishfort make him an offer.
(d) He greets Mrs. Marwood a kiss.
3. What does Mrs. Marwood's discussion with Fainall reveal about her character?
(a) It shows she conspires with him often.
(b) It conveys her willingness to hurt anyone in order to get her way.
(c) It demonstrates her ability to get information from anyone.
(d) It suggests Fainall blackmailed Mirabell about his affair with his wife, Mrs. Fainall.
4. What else does Foible tell Mrs. Fainall?
(a) Mrs. Marwood is having an affair.
(b) Mrs. Marwood loves Mirabell.
(c) Mirabell secretly admires Mrs. Marwood.
(d) Mirabell finds Mrs. Fainall unattractive.
5. Why does Lady Wishfort dismiss Foible?
(a) Foible was plotting with Mirabell.
(b) Lady Wishfort could not consummate her marriage to Sir Rowland.
(c) Waitwell went to jail.
(d) Mrs. Fainall had an affair with Mirabell.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Witwoud describe Petulant?
2. Where is Mrs. Marwood at the opening of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What kind of person is Sir Wilfull Witwoud?
4. Why is Mrs. Fainall's husband cold to her?
5. When accused of adultery, what does Mrs. Fainall do?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)