|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mirabell's plan consist of?
(a) Winning Mrs. Millamant's aunt's favor so she would give her blessing.
(b) Hiding his true feelings about Mrs. Fainall.
(c) Trying to make others believe that he wasn't interested in Mrs. Millamant.
(d) Entering into a plot with Mrs. Marwood.
2. Are the tastes of poets random?
3. What is the relationship between Witwoud and Sir Wilfull Witwoud?
(a) They are distant relatives.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are half-brothers.
4. What news does the footman bring Mirabell at the chocolate house?
(a) That Foible wanted to speak to him.
(b) That his coachman, Waitwell, is waiting with his carriage.
(c) That Waitwell and Foible are married.
(d) That Waitwell and Foible have run away together.
5. The actor who reads the prologue also plays which character?
(c) Sir Rowland.
(d) Sir Wilfull.
Short Answer Questions
1. By firing back at the audience, what does Congreve do?
2. How does Mrs. Marwood answer Fainall when he joins her in the park?
3. Who is the most important male character in the play?
4. Why does Congreve tell the audience that they will not be offended to any reference to fools in the play?
5. What is Lady Wishfort planning to do?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)