|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The prologue begins with a comparison of what?
(a) Fortune and destiny.
(b) Poets and other artists.
(c) Two kinds of fools.
(d) Poets and members of society.
2. Which one of the follow was not part of Mirabell's plan?
(a) Mirabell wrote a lampoon.
(b) Mirabell reported that she was pregnant.
(c) Mirabell appealed to Wishfort's vanity.
(d) Mirabell wrote a song about Wishfort.
3. How does Mrs. Marwood answer Fainall when he joins her in the park?
(a) She is tired of arguing with him.
(b) She hates his wife.
(c) She wants to go home.
(d) She is protective of Fainall's honor.
4. Who are the fools spoken of in the prologue?
(a) Husbands, wives and lovers.
(b) Critics of the play.
(c) Poets and natural fools.
(d) Members of society in general.
5. The actor who reads the prologue also plays which character?
(a) Sir Wilfull.
(d) Sir Rowland.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Mrs. Fainall and Mrs. Marwood doing to each other in the park?
2. Who are Witwoud and Petulant?
3. How does Congreve use satire in the prologue?
4. How does Mrs. Marwood attack Fainall when he angers her?
5. What is a prologue?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)