|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 3, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fainall comment about the gathering the previous evening at Lady Wishfort's?
(a) Mrs. Millamant has another lover.
(b) Witwoud and Petulant are only trying to woo Mrs. Millamant.
(c) Mrs. Millamant was only obeying her aunt's wishes.
(d) Everyone knows that Mrs. Millamant is unhappy with Mirabell.
2. Does Mrs. Marwood tell Lady Wishfort everything she overheard?
(b) It is impossible to say.
(d) We don't know.
3. Why does Fainall say he married his wife?
(a) For love.
(b) For her money.
(c) For her social position.
(d) For her good breeding.
4. Why does Wishfort dislike Mirabell?
(a) Marwood is Mirabell's mistress.
(b) Mirabel loves Mrs. Millamant.
(c) Wishfort is jealous of Mrs. Millamant.
(d) Mirabell tricked Wishfort into believing he loved her.
5. What does Fainall claim about Mrs. Marwood?
(a) She is bored in his company.
(b) She is jealous of his wife spending time with Mirabell.
(c) She is concerned about her reputation.
(d) She is really angry with him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Lady Wishfort's reaction to Mrs. Marwood's suggestion about Sir Wilfull?
2. What is a chocolate house?
3. What do the different marriages introduced in the play seem to be motivated by?
4. What does Mrs. Millamant ask Witwoud and Petulant as they enter the room in Act 3, Scene 3?
5. What does Lady Wishfort do when she enters her dressing room?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)