|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 5, Scene 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Marwood only want to pretend she is cuckolding her husband?
(a) Because she thinks he loves Mrs. Millimant.
(b) Because he will suffer longer if he can't prove it.
(c) Because she thinks he doesn't love her any more.
(d) Because he will suffer longer if he can't prove it.
2. How much is Mrs. Millamant's fortune?
(a) About ten thousand dollars.
(b) Six thousand pounds, a vast fortune.
(c) The play doesn't state a specific sum.
(d) A small sum, six thousand pounds.
3. What has Lady Wishfort discovered that has her so angry at the beginning of Act 5, Scene 1?
(a) Fainall is going to ruin her.
(b) Her suitor, Sir Rowland, was a fake.
(c) Her maid was stealing from her.
(d) Sir Rowland was actually a foreigner.
4. What does Fainall claim about Mrs. Marwood?
(a) She is bored in his company.
(b) She is jealous of his wife spending time with Mirabell.
(c) She is really angry with him.
(d) She is concerned about her reputation.
5. What inconvenience does Foible point out about Sir Rowland to Lady Wishfort?
(a) He didn't love Lady Wishfort.
(b) He was gay.
(c) He wanted to remain a bachelor.
(d) He was already married to her, Foible.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has happened to Waitwell after Lady Wishfort discovers what he really is?
2. Where is Mrs. Marwood at the opening of Act 3, Scene 2?
3. What does Mrs. Fainall ask the maids to do for her at the end of Act 5, Scene 1?
4. How does Mrs. Marwood attack Fainall when he angers her?
5. Why is Mrs. Fainall's husband cold to her?
This section contains 349 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)