|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the author discuss the work of Frans Hals?
(a) Because he is a leading expert in historical artwork.
(b) Because his work is a good example of how art from the past is mystifying.
(c) Because his work shows how words can be used to define artwork.
(d) Because he is a co-author in the book.
2. After reproductions are made, an original work of art is unique only in its what?
3. What is visual art originally made for?
(a) A specific location.
(b) A specific politician.
(c) A specific theme.
(d) A specific religion.
4. Which phrase describes Magritte's painting "The Key of Dreams"?
(a) A four-pane window.
(b) A clock tower.
(c) A forest of trees.
(d) A kitchen sink.
5. When do artists begin to use the concept of singular perspective?
(a) In the early Renaissance.
(b) In the early Impressionist movement.
(c) In early Abstractionism.
(d) In the early Surrealist movement.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the word 'image' mean in this book?
2. Which statement is NOT true about viewing an image made in the past?
3. Where is the spectator located when a work of art uses the single eye perspective?
4. What metaphor do Berger et al. use to explain the single eye of perspective?
5. Who is Frans Hals?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)