1. In general, what does seeing do?
(a) Gives you the ability to touch the environment.
(b) Enables you to read.
(c) Enables you to respond to the environment.
(d) Gives you the ability to avoid danger.
2. In general, what are words used to do?
(a) Avoid danger.
(b) Learn new things.
(c) Explain the environment.
(d) See the environment.
3. The author proposes that there is a gap between what two concepts?
(a) Words and poetry.
(b) Words and sight.
(c) Words and thought.
(d) Words and text.
4. Which phrase describes Magritte's painting "The Key of Dreams"?
(a) A kitchen sink.
(b) A forest of trees.
(c) A four-pane window.
(d) A clock tower.
5. What does the author use "The Key of Dreams" as an example of?
(a) The use of poetry in image.
(b) The gap between words and image.
(c) The use of bad titles.
(d) The use of words with image.
6. Magritte's painting is an example of what type of artwork?
This section contains 6,546 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)