1. In general, what does seeing do?
(a) Enables you to respond to the environment.
(b) Gives you the ability to avoid danger.
(c) Gives you the ability to touch the environment.
(d) Enables you to read.
2. In general, what are words used to do?
(a) Avoid danger.
(b) Explain the environment.
(c) See the environment.
(d) Learn new things.
3. The author proposes that there is a gap between what two concepts?
(a) Words and text.
(b) Words and poetry.
(c) Words and sight.
(d) Words and thought.
4. Which phrase describes Magritte's painting "The Key of Dreams"?
(a) A clock tower.
(b) A four-pane window.
(c) A kitchen sink.
(d) A forest of trees.
5. What does the author use "The Key of Dreams" as an example of?
(a) The use of words with image.
(b) The gap between words and image.
(c) The use of poetry in image.
(d) The use of bad titles.
6. Magritte's painting is an example of what type of artwork?
This section contains 6,546 words
(approx. 22 pages at 300 words per page)