|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
2. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
3. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
4. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
5. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
2. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
3. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
4. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
5. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
6. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
7. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
8. Who is the Wool Pooh?
9. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
10. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)