|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
2. What does Dad call the family when they all wake up in the car in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
4. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
5. Why doesn't Byron sleep in his own room on the night before the road trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Wool Pooh?
2. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
3. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
4. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
5. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
6. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
7. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
8. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
9. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
10. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the stories Byron told, and how did they affect the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 3
Byron is incredibly protective of his little brother. What are some of the ways this protective feeling is shown, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 659 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)