|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
2. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
3. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
4. Why do the kids all go to the lake in Chapter 13?
5. In what state is the second break of the road trip taken in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
2. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
3. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
4. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
5. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
6. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
7. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
8. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
9. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
10. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)