|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
2. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
3. What part of the lake does Grandma say to stay away from?
4. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
5. In what state is the second break of the road trip taken in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Wool Pooh?
2. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
3. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
4. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
5. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
6. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
7. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
8. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
9. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
10. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Sacrifice was a theme that was very prevalent in this book. Who were the characters most affected by this theme, and how did they allow sacrifice to change their lives?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)