|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Momma let Grandma know she is there in Chapter 11?
2. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
3. What gift does Mrs. Davidson give her favorite Watson before they leave on their trip?
4. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
5. Where did the big boom occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
2. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
3. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
4. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
5. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
6. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
7. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
8. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
9. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
10. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the stories Byron told, and how did they affect the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 2
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)