|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
2. Why do the kids all go to the lake in Chapter 13?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
4. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
5. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
2. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
3. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
4. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
5. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
6. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
7. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
8. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
9. Who is the Wool Pooh?
10. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
How is the role of discipline presented in this book, and what are the most successful methods used? How do these methods shape the personality of the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Byron is incredibly protective of his little brother. What are some of the ways this protective feeling is shown, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)