|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
2. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
3. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
4. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
5. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
2. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
3. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
4. Who is the Wool Pooh?
5. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
6. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
7. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
8. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
9. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
10. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
Essay Topic 3
Byron is incredibly protective of his little brother. What are some of the ways this protective feeling is shown, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)