|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dad call the family when they all wake up in the car in Chapter 11?
2. Why doesn't Byron sleep in his own room on the night before the road trip?
3. Where did the big boom occur?
4. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
5. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
2. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
3. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
4. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
5. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
6. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
7. Who is the Wool Pooh?
8. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
9. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
10. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Where in this plot did violence take a place, and how did these included moments of violence change the characters in the book?
This section contains 646 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)