|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny do when he sees his reflection in the mirror in Chapter 15?
2. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
3. What does the Epilogue talk about?
4. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
5. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
2. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
3. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
4. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
5. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
6. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
7. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
8. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
9. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
10. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is the role of discipline presented in this book, and what are the most successful methods used? How do these methods shape the personality of the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)