|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
2. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
3. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
4. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
5. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
2. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
3. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
4. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
5. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
6. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
7. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
8. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
9. Who is the Wool Pooh?
10. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the stories Byron told, and how did they affect the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 670 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)