|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
2. Why doesn't Byron sleep in his own room on the night before the road trip?
3. Why does Kenny have a hard time sleeping in Alabama?
4. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
5. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Wool Pooh?
2. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
3. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
5. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
6. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
7. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
8. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
9. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
10. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the stories Byron told, and how did they affect the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)