|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
2. Who tells the family in Chapter 14 that Joey is safe?
3. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
4. What does the Epilogue talk about?
5. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
2. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
3. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
4. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
5. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
6. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
7. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
8. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
9. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
10. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What happened when Byron threw a cookie at the bird? How did this event change Byron, and how did this change affect the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
This section contains 622 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)