|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Byron kiss Kenny when he starts to breathe again in Chapter 13?
2. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
3. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
4. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
5. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
2. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
3. Who is the Wool Pooh?
4. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
5. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
6. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
7. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
8. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
9. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
10. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Kenny has a somewhat negative view of his intellect. Where does this view come from, and how has this affected his personality and his place in the school?
Essay Topic 2
Byron is incredibly protective of his little brother. What are some of the ways this protective feeling is shown, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)