|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
2. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
3. Who was most effected by the bombing?
4. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
5. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
2. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
3. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
4. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
5. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
6. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
7. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
8. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
9. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
10. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Wool Pooh? What significance did this figure have on Kenny's life and his place in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Joetta has a pure and compassionate heart. How does she show this compassion, and in what ways does this compassion of hers change the course of the plot?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)