|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
2. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
3. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
4. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
5. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
Essay Topic 1
Despair is a theme placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 2
Byron is incredibly protective of his little brother. What are some of the ways this protective feeling is shown, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Joetta has a pure and compassionate heart. How does she show this compassion, and in what ways does this compassion of hers change the course of the plot?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)