|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
2. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
3. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
4. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
5. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
2. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
3. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
4. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
5. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
6. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
7. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
8. Who is the Wool Pooh?
9. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
10. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Wool Pooh? What significance did this figure have on Kenny's life and his place in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Despair is a theme placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)