|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
2. Who was most effected by the bombing?
3. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
4. Why doesn't Byron sleep in his own room on the night before the road trip?
5. What does Byron say hillbillies eat?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
2. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
3. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
4. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
5. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
6. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
7. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
8. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
9. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
10. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Byron is incredibly protective of his little brother. What are some of the ways this protective feeling is shown, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 672 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)