|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
2. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
3. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
4. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
5. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
2. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
3. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
4. Who is the Wool Pooh?
5. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
6. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
7. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
8. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
9. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
10. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Watsons decide to make the trek down to Alabama, and how did this trip change the lives of each member of the family?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)