|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Momma let Grandma know she is there in Chapter 11?
2. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
3. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
4. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
5. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
2. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
3. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
4. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
5. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
6. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
7. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
8. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
9. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
10. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
Essay Topic 2
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 3
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)