|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the new kid's brother's name?
2. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
3. What is the nickname for Dad's car?
4. How many pairs of gloves does Momma buy for each child every year?
5. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kenny tease Byron after seeing his hair?
2. Why does Momma bundle up her kids so much when it gets cold?
3. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
4. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
5. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
6. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
7. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
8. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
9. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
10. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Wool Pooh? What significance did this figure have on Kenny's life and his place in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Why did the Watsons decide to make the trek down to Alabama, and how did this trip change the lives of each member of the family?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)