|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What grade is Kenny in?
2. How is Momma kept from punishing Byron?
3. What is Momma's maiden name?
4. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
5. In Chapter 3, what is the name of the oldest new boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
2. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
3. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
4. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
5. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
6. What does Kenny like to watch his father do in the mornings, and why?
7. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
8. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
9. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
10. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What are some of the stories Byron told, and how did they affect the characters who heard them?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)