Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
2. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
3. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
4. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
5. During which season does the story begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
2. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
3. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
4. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
5. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
6. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
7. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
8. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
9. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
10. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
Essay Topic 1
What happened when Byron threw a cookie at the bird? How did this event change Byron, and how did this change affect the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
Despair is a theme placed in a number of sensitive places in this plot. What are some of these places, and what role did despair play in this book?
This section contains 1,271 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)