|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the new boys get teased most about?
2. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
3. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
4. What is the name of the store owner?
5. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
2. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
3. Why does Momma bundle up her kids so much when it gets cold?
4. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
5. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
6. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
7. How does Kenny react to seeing Larry get beat up for stealing Kenny's gloves?
8. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
9. Why has Dad been making so many repairs to the car in Chapter 8?
10. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Kenny has a somewhat negative view of his intellect. Where does this view come from, and how has this affected his personality and his place in the school?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 720 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)