|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who steals Kenny's gloves?
2. How does Byron feel when Kenny reads to his class?
3. How long does the family enjoy the new addition to the car?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Dad starts fixing on his car in Chapter 8?
5. What is Joetta's nickname?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
2. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
3. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
4. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
5. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
6. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
7. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
8. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
9. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
10. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Wool Pooh? What significance did this figure have on Kenny's life and his place in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How is the role of discipline presented in this book, and what are the most successful methods used? How do these methods shape the personality of the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 696 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)