|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momma try first in an effort to get Byron's lips off the mirror?
2. What does Kenny call his brother at the beginning of the book?
3. Who stops Byron when he starts to run away?
4. Who does Kenny first tell about his fight with the new kid?
5. What does Byron later buy at the store using Momma's method?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
2. What does Momma do when she realizes what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
3. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
4. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
5. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
6. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
7. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
8. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
9. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
10. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Byron is incredibly protective of his little brother. What are some of the ways this protective feeling is shown, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Where in this plot did violence take a place, and how did these included moments of violence change the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Joetta has a pure and compassionate heart. How does she show this compassion, and in what ways does this compassion of hers change the course of the plot?
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)