|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
2. What is Momma's maiden name?
3. How does Kenny feel when Byron hits the bird on the phone wire?
4. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
5. What is the name of the store owner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
2. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
3. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
4. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
5. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
6. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
7. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
8. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
9. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
10. How does Kenny react to seeing Larry get beat up for stealing Kenny's gloves?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)