|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Momma feel about what Byron does to his hair?
2. What does Kenny like to watch his dad do in the mornings?
3. How does Byron feel when Kenny reads to his class?
4. Which of the following is NOT something Dad starts fixing on his car in Chapter 8?
5. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
2. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
3. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
4. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
5. What happens in Chapter 5 when Momma tries to punish Byron in the way she had threatened?
6. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
7. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
8. Why has Dad been making so many repairs to the car in Chapter 8?
9. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
10. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The characters in this novel all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 2
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 697 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)