|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
2. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
3. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
4. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
5. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
2. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
3. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
4. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
5. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
6. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
7. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
8. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
9. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
10. How does Kenny tease Byron after seeing his hair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
What happened when Byron threw a cookie at the bird? How did this event change Byron, and how did this change affect the other characters in the book?
This section contains 637 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)