|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the store owner confused when the two children ask to sign the welfare list in Chapter 6?
2. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
3. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
4. Why is Dad fixing up the car?
5. What did Kenny find on the ground at school one day?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
2. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
3. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
4. How does Kenny tease Byron after seeing his hair?
5. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
6. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
7. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
8. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
9. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
10. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the stories Byron told, and how did they affect the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 3
How is the role of discipline presented in this book, and what are the most successful methods used? How do these methods shape the personality of the characters in the book?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)