|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What style of hair does Byron say he wanted?
2. What is Dad's finishing touch to fixing up his car?
3. In Chapter 3, what is the name of the oldest new boy?
4. Why is Dad fixing up the car?
5. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Momma bundle up her kids so much when it gets cold?
2. How does Kenny react to seeing Larry get beat up for stealing Kenny's gloves?
3. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
4. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
5. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
6. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
7. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
8. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
9. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
10. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book?
This section contains 730 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)