|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Byron do after getting off the bus some days?
2. How does Byron feel when he hits the bird on the phone wire?
3. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
4. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
5. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
2. How does Kenny tease Byron after seeing his hair?
3. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
4. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
5. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
6. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
7. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
8. Why has Dad been making so many repairs to the car in Chapter 8?
9. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
10. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Why did the Watsons decide to make the trek down to Alabama, and how did this trip change the lives of each member of the family?
Essay Topic 2
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
Essay Topic 3
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)