|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny like to do most?
2. How does Momma figure out what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
3. What part of Byron does Momma use to pull him out of the bathroom?
4. Where does the person who helps mend the friendship between Kenny and the new kid talk to the new kid?
5. What day of the week does Dad present the biggest addition to the car?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
2. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
3. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
4. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
5. What does Kenny like to watch his father do in the mornings, and why?
6. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
7. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
8. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
9. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
10. How does Kenny react to seeing Larry get beat up for stealing Kenny's gloves?
Essay Topic 1
What happened when Byron threw a cookie at the bird? How did this event change Byron, and how did this change affect the other characters in the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 1,180 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)