|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Joetta's nickname?
2. How does Byron get his lips stuck to the rear view mirror?
3. Where will Byron stay for the summer?
4. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
5. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
3. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
4. How does Kenny react to seeing Larry get beat up for stealing Kenny's gloves?
5. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
6. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
7. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
8. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
9. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
10. Why has Dad been making so many repairs to the car in Chapter 8?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Which character did you relate with the most in this book? Why? How did this character change throughout the book?
Essay Topic 2
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Byron is incredibly protective of his little brother. What are some of the ways this protective feeling is shown, and how do these moments affect the course of the plot?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)