|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
2. What big new addition does Dad make to the car in Chapter 8?
3. What is the nickname for Dad's car?
4. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Dad starts fixing on his car in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
2. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
3. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
4. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
5. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
6. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
7. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
8. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
9. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
10. How does Kenny tease Byron after seeing his hair?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Many different characters in this book were persuaded to do things they would not have done of their own accord. What are some of these instances, and how did persuasion affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 3
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
This section contains 734 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)