|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Byron stay for the summer?
2. What do the new boys get teased most about?
3. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
4. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
5. Who does Kenny first tell about his fight with the new kid?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
2. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
3. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
4. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
6. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
7. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
8. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
9. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
10. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
Essay Topic 1
What were some of the forms of foreshadowing used in this book, and how did those moments affect the course of the plot?
Essay Topic 2
What kind of social codes were disobeyed in this book, and how did this lack of observance affect the main characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Joetta has a pure and compassionate heart. How does she show this compassion, and in what ways does this compassion of hers change the course of the plot?
This section contains 1,192 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)