|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
2. What does Dad call the other man who wanted to marry Momma?
3. How does Byron feel when Kenny reads to his class?
4. How long does the family enjoy the new addition to the car?
5. When does Kenny get bullied the most?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kenny react to seeing Larry get beat up for stealing Kenny's gloves?
2. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
3. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
4. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
5. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
6. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
7. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
8. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
9. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
10. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Wool Pooh? What significance did this figure have on Kenny's life and his place in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
Why did the Watsons decide to make the trek down to Alabama, and how did this trip change the lives of each member of the family?
Essay Topic 3
What are the family dynamics of the Watson family, and how do these relationships change over the course of the plot?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)