|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Byron feel when he hits the bird on the phone wire?
2. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
3. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
4. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
5. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
2. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
3. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
4. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
5. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
6. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
7. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
8. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
9. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
10. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the stories Byron told, and how did they affect the characters who heard them?
Essay Topic 2
What is the Wool Pooh? What significance did this figure have on Kenny's life and his place in the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How is the role of discipline presented in this book, and what are the most successful methods used? How do these methods shape the personality of the characters in the book?
This section contains 660 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)