|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
2. What is the name of the store owner?
3. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
4. When does Kenny get bullied the most?
5. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
2. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
3. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
4. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
5. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
6. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
7. Why has Dad been making so many repairs to the car in Chapter 8?
8. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
9. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
10. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the Wool Pooh? What significance did this figure have on Kenny's life and his place in the plot?
Essay Topic 2
How is Byron able to help Kenny heal from the events that took place at the church in Montgomery? How did Byron's interaction change Kenny's perspective on things?
Essay Topic 3
Where in this plot did violence take a place, and how did these included moments of violence change the characters in the book?
This section contains 708 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)