|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) In a recipe book.
(b) In a notebook.
(c) On flash cards.
(d) On a calendar.
2. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(d) Mr. Robert.
3. Who refuses to go with Kenny to the ares of the lake Grandma warned about?
4. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) A stranger.
5. What does the Epilogue talk about?
(b) African American culture.
(c) The true bombing.
(d) Civil rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the second break of the road trip taken in?
2. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
3. What is Kenny's favorite song?
4. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
5. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go South for a while?
Short Essay Questions
1. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
2. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
3. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
4. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
5. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
6. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
7. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
8. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
9. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
10. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)