|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To go swimming.
(c) To see the spawning fish.
(d) To check raccoon traps.
2. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) The couch.
(b) Kenny's room.
(c) The car.
(d) Momma's room.
3. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Tiny and frail.
(b) Wise and weathered.
(c) Sweet and old.
(d) Large and beautiful.
4. What part of the lake does Grandma say to stay away from?
(a) Colenel's Point.
(b) Circle Dock.
(c) Cray's Pier.
(d) Collier's Landing.
5. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
(a) Pulling their feet up to avoid hitting her.
(b) Plucking her hair.
(c) Putting her head on their lap.
(d) Stroking her back.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
2. What does Kenny do when he sees his reflection in the mirror in Chapter 15?
3. What does Byron say hillbillies eat?
4. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
5. What does the Epilogue talk about?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Wool Pooh?
2. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
3. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
4. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
5. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
6. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
7. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
8. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
9. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
10. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)