|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
(a) Falls asleep.
(b) Looks at the changing scenery.
(c) Listens to Momma read.
2. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Tiny and frail.
(b) Sweet and old.
(c) Wise and weathered.
(d) Large and beautiful.
3. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
(a) A shack.
(b) A regular house.
(c) A log house.
(d) A group home.
4. Who was most effected by the bombing?
5. What gift does Mrs. Davidson give her favorite Watson before they leave on their trip?
(a) A hair bow.
(b) A book.
(c) An angel.
(d) A framed picture.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
2. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
3. How does Momma let Grandma know she is there in Chapter 11?
4. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
5. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Wool Pooh?
2. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
3. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
4. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
5. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
6. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
7. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
8. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
9. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
10. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
This section contains 728 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)