|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Epilogue talk about?
(a) The true bombing.
(b) Civil rights.
(d) African American culture.
2. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) A tattle tale.
(b) A sad girl.
(c) A spoiled brat.
(d) A snitch.
3. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
(a) "You deserve it."
(b) "You better get used to it."
(c) :It is better than nothing."
(d) "It is all I can offer."
4. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(a) Some neighbors.
(c) Kenny and Byron.
(d) Mr. Robert.
5. Who does Byron invite to go to the lake with him in Chapter 12?
(d) Mr. Redding.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the hunting dog's name?
2. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
3. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
4. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
5. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
2. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
3. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
4. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
5. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
6. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
7. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
8. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
9. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
10. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)