|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) The sun is hotter.
(b) He needs a shower.
(c) Dad's whiskers are growing.
(d) Byron has fuzz on his head.
2. Who does Kenny see as an angel as he is in danger at the area of the lake Grandma warned about?
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
3. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
(a) Goes back to sleep.
(b) Plays along.
(c) Asks to drive for a while.
4. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the linen closet.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Behind the couch.
5. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) A tattle tale.
(b) A sad girl.
(c) A snitch.
(d) A spoiled brat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
2. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go South for a while?
3. What caused the big boom?
4. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
5. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
2. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
3. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
4. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
5. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
6. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
7. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
8. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
9. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
10. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)