|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron say hillbillies eat?
(c) Whatever they can find.
2. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
(a) A stranger.
(d) Mr. Robert.
3. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
4. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Wise and weathered.
(b) Sweet and old.
(c) Tiny and frail.
(d) Large and beautiful.
5. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) A shallow hollow.
(b) A diving pond.
(c) Collier's landing.
(d) A public beach.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
2. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
3. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
4. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
5. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
2. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
3. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
4. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
5. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
6. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
7. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
8. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
9. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
10. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)