|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
2. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
3. Where does Grandma Sands live?
4. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(d) Mr. Robert.
5. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
(a) A regular house.
(b) A shack.
(c) A log house.
(d) A group home.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
2. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron?
3. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
4. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
5. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
2. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
3. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
4. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
5. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
6. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
7. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
8. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
9. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
10. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)