|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) There are no vending machines.
(b) There are only outhouses.
(c) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(d) The stop is at a tiny shack.
2. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
3. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
4. Who does Dad think is responsible for the big boom?
(a) A police.
(b) White men.
(c) The neighbors.
5. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) Kenny's room.
(b) The car.
(c) The couch.
(d) Momma's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why can't the dog hunt anymore?
2. What does Byron do after Kenny starts breathing again after being saved from the lake?
3. Who does Kenny see as an angel as he is in danger at the area of the lake Grandma warned about?
4. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
5. Why do the kids all go to the lake in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
2. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
3. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
4. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
5. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
6. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
7. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
8. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
9. Who is the Wool Pooh?
10. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
This section contains 649 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)