|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
(a) His growing whiskers.
(b) His first pimple.
(c) His scar.
(d) His new hair.
2. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) The car is acting funny.
(b) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(c) The children are sore.
(d) Her planning was in vain.
3. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) Behind the couch.
(c) In the basement.
(d) In the linen closet.
4. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go South for a while?
(a) To get a new perspective on things.
(b) To escape the bad influences of Flint.
(c) To learn that he and Momma mean business.
(d) To be properly disciplined.
5. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) He needs a shower.
(b) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(c) The sun is hotter.
(d) Dad's whiskers are growing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
2. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
3. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
4. What does Dad call the family when they all wake up in the car in Chapter 11?
5. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
2. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
3. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
4. Who is the Wool Pooh?
5. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
6. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
7. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
8. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
9. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
10. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
This section contains 739 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)