|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the big boom?
(a) A bomb.
(c) A caved in roof.
(d) Falling rocks.
2. Why doesn't Byron sleep in his own room on the night before the road trip?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He threatened to run away.
(c) He is excited for the trip.
(d) His room is bare and empty.
3. Where does Grandma Sands live?
4. How does Momma let Grandma know she is there in Chapter 11?
(a) She does a special knock on the door.
(b) She honks the horn.
(c) She rings the doorbell.
(d) She sings a song.
5. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
(a) Looks at the changing scenery.
(c) Listens to Momma read.
(d) Falls asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
2. Who does Dad think is responsible for the big boom?
3. Where does Byron kiss Kenny when he starts to breathe again in Chapter 13?
4. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
5. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
2. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
3. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
4. Who is the Wool Pooh?
5. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
6. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
7. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
8. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
9. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
10. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)