|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hunting dog's name?
2. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) He needs a shower.
(b) The sun is hotter.
(c) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(d) Dad's whiskers are growing.
3. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
(a) She got hungry.
(b) She saw Kenny waving to her.
(c) She felt uneasy.
(d) She left her Bible on her bed.
4. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
(a) To see the spawning fish.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To go swimming.
(d) To check raccoon traps.
5. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He listens to Grandma.
(c) He doesn't say a word.
(d) He seems happy to be there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragic even recently happened at the part of the lake Grandma tells the kids to stay away from?
2. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
3. What does the Epilogue talk about?
4. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
5. Where did the big boom occur?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
2. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
3. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
4. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
5. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
6. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
7. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
8. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
9. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
10. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)