|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
(a) A shack.
(b) A regular house.
(c) A log house.
(d) A group home.
2. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
(a) A drop of her blood.
(b) Her ribbon.
(c) Both of her shoes.
(d) Her ruined dress.
3. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
(a) The living room.
(b) Kenny's room.
(c) The car.
(d) The kitchen.
4. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
(a) He is treated like a man.
(b) He can make Momma proud.
(c) His friends are not there.
(d) He has no reputation there.
5. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Ryan.
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) Mr. Rylan.
(d) Mr. Redding.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
2. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
3. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
4. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
5. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
2. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
3. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
4. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
5. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
6. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
7. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
8. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
9. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
10. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)