|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
2. What do the Watsons have a hard time getting used to in Alabama?
(a) The bugs.
(b) The close neighbors.
(c) The humidity.
(d) The heat.
3. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
4. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
(a) Kenny's room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The car.
(d) The kitchen.
5. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go South for a while?
(a) To be properly disciplined.
(b) To escape the bad influences of Flint.
(c) To get a new perspective on things.
(d) To learn that he and Momma mean business.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
2. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
3. Who does Dad think is responsible for the big boom?
4. What gift does Mrs. Davidson give her favorite Watson before they leave on their trip?
5. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
2. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
3. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
4. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
5. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
6. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
7. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
8. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
9. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
10. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
This section contains 716 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)