|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go South for a while?
(a) To escape the bad influences of Flint.
(b) To learn that he and Momma mean business.
(c) To get a new perspective on things.
(d) To be properly disciplined.
2. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
(a) She got hungry.
(b) She left her Bible on her bed.
(c) She felt uneasy.
(d) She saw Kenny waving to her.
3. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
(a) F street.
(b) 16th street.
(c) 18th street.
(d) A street.
4. What does Byron say hillbillies eat?
(d) Whatever they can find.
5. What does the Epilogue talk about?
(a) The true bombing.
(c) African American culture.
(d) Civil rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
2. Why do the kids all go to the lake in Chapter 13?
3. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
4. Where did the big boom occur?
5. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
2. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
3. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
4. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
5. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
6. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
7. Who is the Wool Pooh?
8. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
9. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
10. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
This section contains 694 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)