|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(b) Some neighbors.
(c) Mr. Robert.
(d) Kenny and Byron.
2. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
(a) Kenny's room.
(b) The living room.
(c) The car.
(d) The kitchen.
3. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
(a) Dad wanted to get back to work.
(b) They were worried about Kenny.
(c) They thought Byron would get bad ideas.
(d) They didn't want Joey to hear about the bombing.
4. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(b) There are only outhouses.
(c) There are no vending machines.
(d) The stop is at a tiny shack.
5. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
2. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
3. In what state is the second break of the road trip taken in?
4. What is the hunting dog's name?
5. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
2. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
3. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
4. Who is the Wool Pooh?
5. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
6. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
7. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
8. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
9. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
10. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)