|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
(a) Across the back seat.
(b) In the trunk.
(c) On Momma's lap.
(d) On the floor in the back.
2. Why do the kids all go to the lake in Chapter 13?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To go swimming.
(c) To fetch water.
(d) To check beaver traps.
3. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go South for a while?
(a) To learn that he and Momma mean business.
(b) To escape the bad influences of Flint.
(c) To be properly disciplined.
(d) To get a new perspective on things.
4. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
5. What does the Epilogue talk about?
(a) The true bombing.
(b) African American culture.
(c) Civil rights.
Short Answer Questions
1. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
2. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
3. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
4. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
5. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
2. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
3. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
4. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
5. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
6. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
7. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
8. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
9. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
10. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
This section contains 753 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)