|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Byron kiss Kenny when he starts to breathe again in Chapter 13?
(a) His lips.
(b) His cheeks.
(c) His hands.
(d) His head.
2. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
3. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
(a) Looks at the changing scenery.
(c) Listens to Momma read.
(d) Falls asleep.
4. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(b) Mrs. Davidson.
(c) Mr. Martinez.
(d) Ms. Jones.
5. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
(a) There is a whirlpool there.
(b) A bear frequents the area.
(c) Hobos camp out there.
(d) Snakes live in the nearby bog.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Byron invite to go to the lake with him in Chapter 12?
2. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
3. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
4. Who does Kenny see as an angel as he is in danger at the area of the lake Grandma warned about?
5. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
2. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
3. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
4. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
5. What does Momma say she dissapproves of her mother for, and what is Grandma's response?
6. What relieves Momma about Dad ignoring all of her plans for the trip?
7. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
8. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
9. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
10. Who is the Wool Pooh?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)