|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Redding.
(b) Mr. Ryan.
(c) Mr. Robert.
(d) Mr. Rylan.
2. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The milking shed.
(c) The porch.
(d) The kitchen.
3. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
(a) It is not what he imagined.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It looks a lot like Flint.
(d) It is so green.
4. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) There are no vending machines.
(b) The stop is at a tiny shack.
(c) There are only outhouses.
(d) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
5. Where does Grandma Sands live?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
2. Who is Wool Pooh?
3. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
4. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
5. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
2. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
3. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
4. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
5. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
6. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
7. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
8. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
9. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
10. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
This section contains 725 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)