|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
(a) Peace makers.
(c) Change makers.
2. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(a) Mr. Robert.
3. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
(a) Escaped slaves.
(b) White supremists.
(c) Wool Pooh.
(d) Angry policemen.
4. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
5. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) On a calendar.
(b) In a notebook.
(c) In a recipe book.
(d) On flash cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
2. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
3. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
4. Why does Kenny want to go to the area of the lake that Grandma warned about?
5. Who does Dad think is responsible for the big boom?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
2. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
3. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
4. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
5. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
6. Who is the Wool Pooh?
7. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
8. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
9. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
10. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)