|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) Behind the couch.
(b) In the linen closet.
(c) In the basement.
(d) Under his bed.
2. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
3. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Tiny and frail.
(b) Sweet and old.
(c) Large and beautiful.
(d) Wise and weathered.
4. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
(a) Putting her head on their lap.
(b) Pulling their feet up to avoid hitting her.
(c) Plucking her hair.
(d) Stroking her back.
5. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) Outside the church.
(b) On the road.
(c) In the back yard.
(d) In his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
2. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
3. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
4. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
5. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
2. What surprises Kenny about Birmingham when they finally get there?
3. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
4. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
5. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
6. Why does Kenny want to go to Collier's Landing, and how do his siblings react to this?
7. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
8. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
9. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
10. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
This section contains 675 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)