|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron say hillbillies eat?
(c) Whatever they can find.
2. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) Collier's landing.
(b) A shallow hollow.
(c) A diving pond.
(d) A public beach.
3. Where does Grandma Sands live?
4. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(b) He needs a shower.
(c) Dad's whiskers are growing.
(d) The sun is hotter.
5. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
(c) A stranger.
(d) Mr. Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
2. Why doesn't Byron sleep in his own room on the night before the road trip?
3. What does Byron do after Kenny starts breathing again after being saved from the lake?
4. What part of the lake does Grandma say to stay away from?
5. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
2. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
3. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
4. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
5. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
6. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
7. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
8. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
9. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
10. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
This section contains 680 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)