|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) The children are sore.
(b) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(c) The car is acting funny.
(d) Her planning was in vain.
2. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
(a) They saved money.
(b) She gets to see her mother sooner.
(c) The trip was shorter.
(d) They still have food to give her mother.
3. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
(a) The sound of the owls.
(b) The darkness.
(c) The dense trees.
(d) The mountains.
4. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) Momma's room.
(b) The car.
(c) Kenny's room.
(d) The couch.
5. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) Kenny and Byron.
(d) Some neighbors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
2. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
3. Who does Kenny see as an angel as he is in danger at the area of the lake Grandma warned about?
4. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
5. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Wool Pooh?
2. What saps the energy out of Kenny in Alabama?
3. What scares the kids when they get out of the car for the second time during the trip?
4. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
5. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
6. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
7. What bothers the Watson kids so much at their first stop along the road trip?
8. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
9. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
10. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)