|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
(a) Looks at the changing scenery.
(b) Listens to Momma read.
(c) Falls asleep.
2. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
3. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A piece of charred wood.
(d) A burned brick.
4. Who was most effected by the bombing?
5. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
(a) A deer.
(b) A badger.
(c) A fox.
(d) A racoon.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tragic even recently happened at the part of the lake Grandma tells the kids to stay away from?
2. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
3. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
4. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
5. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is the Wool Pooh?
2. What does Byron do after Kenny is saved and is breathing again in Chapter 13?
3. What is true about the church bombing in this book?
4. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
5. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
6. Why can't Mr. Robert and his dog hunt anymore?
7. What does Kenny first think when Joey talks to him in his room in Chapter 14?
8. Why does Dad tell Kenny that Byron needs to go to Alabama for a time?
9. How does Joey react when Mrs. Davidson brings her a present, and what does Momma say about this?
10. What has Dad planned for the trip despite Momma's intense research?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)