|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her heat works.
(b) She is very lonely.
(c) Her cooler works.
(d) She makes delicious food.
2. What do the new boys get teased most about?
(a) They talk funny.
(b) They only have a few outfits.
(c) They have red hair.
(d) They never bring a lunch.
3. How many pairs of gloves does Momma buy for each child every year?
4. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) His left eye is blind.
(b) He has a lazy eye.
(c) He is far-sighted.
(d) He is near-sighted.
5. How does Byron get his lips stuck to the rear view mirror?
(a) He was looking at a crack in the mirror.
(b) He was doing a dare.
(c) He kissed his reflection.
(d) He tried to eat the ice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny like to watch his dad do in the mornings?
2. What is the new kid's brother's name?
3. How long does Byron go before playing with the dangerous item again?
4. Who does Momma send to the store for food in Chapter 6?
5. What does Dad do about Byron's hair in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
2. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
3. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
4. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
5. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
6. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
7. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
8. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
9. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
10. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)