|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) He has a lazy eye.
(b) His left eye is blind.
(c) He is near-sighted.
(d) He is far-sighted.
2. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
3. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
4. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
(a) He loves his brother.
(b) He wanted to do the same thing.
(c) He ate some of the things that Byron got.
(d) His brother blackmails him.
5. During which season does the story begin?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
2. When does Kenny get bullied the most?
3. What did Kenny find on the ground at school one day?
4. What does Momma threaten to do if Byron is caught playing with the dangerous item again?
5. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
2. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
3. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
4. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
5. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
6. How does Momma prepare for the trip to Alabama?
7. What does Kenny think about the lecture Byron gives him after he gets out from behind the couch?
8. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
9. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
10. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)