|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Watsons live at the beginning of the book?
2. What does Dad call the other man who wanted to marry Momma?
3. What part of Byron does Momma use to pull him out of the bathroom?
(a) His ear.
(b) His nose.
(c) His neck.
(d) His arm.
4. What does Joey stop doing after Byron talks to her about the garbage trucks?
(b) Talking to Byron.
(c) Wearing gloves.
(d) Drinking cold water.
5. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
(a) Sign for it.
(b) Use their allowance.
(c) Write a check.
(d) Take the nickel jar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momma threaten to do if Byron is caught playing with the dangerous item again?
2. What is the name of the biggest addition to the car in Chapter 8?
3. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
4. Who does Momma send to the store for food in Chapter 6?
5. Why did Kenny stop being friends with the boy he used to play with before the new kid moved in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Momma bundle up her kids so much when it gets cold?
2. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
3. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
4. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
5. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
6. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
7. What does Momma do when she realizes what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
8. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
9. How does Kenny tease Byron after seeing his hair?
10. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
This section contains 762 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)