|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who stops Byron when he starts to run away?
2. Who does Kenny give one of his extra pairs of gloves to?
(c) A homeless man.
(d) A garbage man.
3. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Shaves it.
(b) Straightens it.
(c) Bleaches it.
(d) Dies it.
4. What big new addition does Dad make to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) A record player.
(b) Vibrators in the seats.
(c) A portable radio.
(d) Air conditioning.
5. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) He is far-sighted.
(b) His left eye is blind.
(c) He has a lazy eye.
(d) He is near-sighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What state was Momma raised in?
2. Where does Momma send Byron after Momma sees his hair?
3. What did the new boy used to eat for dinner before he moved?
4. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
5. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
2. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
3. Why does Momma bundle up her kids so much when it gets cold?
4. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
5. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
6. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
7. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
8. What happens in Chapter 5 when Momma tries to punish Byron in the way she had threatened?
9. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
10. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
This section contains 664 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)