|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
(a) They like staying warm.
(b) They don't like getting so hot.
(c) They don't like not being able to move.
(d) They like having such nice coats.
2. What is the name of the store owner?
(a) Mr. Monahan.
(b) Mr. Maynes.
(c) Mr. Mitchell.
(d) Mr. Mason.
3. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
(a) He adds fringe to them.
(b) He dyes them.
(c) He cuts them.
(d) He writes his name on them.
4. What does Byron later buy at the store using Momma's method?
5. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is very lonely.
(b) She makes delicious food.
(c) Her heat works.
(d) Her cooler works.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Byron's nickname?
2. Where do the Watsons live at the beginning of the book?
3. How long does Byron go before playing with the dangerous item again?
4. What does Byron do just after he sees the bird from the wire is dead?
5. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
2. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
3. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
4. Why does Momma bundle up her kids so much when it gets cold?
5. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
6. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
7. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
8. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
9. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
10. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)