|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
2. What does Kenny like to watch his dad do in the mornings?
(a) Read the paper.
(b) Make coffee.
(c) Do his hair.
3. How does Kenny feel when he sees the person who stole his gloves getting punished?
4. How does Kenny see what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
(a) He hides in the shower.
(b) He peeks under the door.
(c) He hides in the linen closet.
(d) He looks through the keyhole.
5. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
(a) Write an apology letter.
(b) Run away.
(c) Hide in his room.
(d) Pretend to cry.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron say southern people get colder faster than northern people?
2. What does Dad do about Byron's hair in Chapter 7?
3. What is Joetta's nickname?
4. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
5. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
2. What does Momma do when she realizes what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
3. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
4. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
5. Why has Dad been making so many repairs to the car in Chapter 8?
6. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
7. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
8. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
9. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
10. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)