|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dad do about Byron's hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Lets it grow out.
(b) Washes it.
(c) Shaves it.
(d) Reverses the permanent.
2. How does Byron get his lips stuck to the rear view mirror?
(a) He kissed his reflection.
(b) He was looking at a crack in the mirror.
(c) He was doing a dare.
(d) He tried to eat the ice.
3. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
(a) Barn owl.
(c) Mourning dove.
4. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Bleaches it.
(b) Straightens it.
(c) Dies it.
(d) Shaves it.
5. How is Momma kept from punishing Byron?
(a) He tells her to calm down.
(b) He falls down.
(c) The matches are blown out.
(d) She screams at the top of her voice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Byron pretending to shoot down in the locked bathroom?
2. What is the name of Byron's friend in Chapter 1?
3. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
4. How long does Byron go before playing with the dangerous item again?
5. What did the new boy used to eat for dinner before he moved?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
2. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
3. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
4. What does Kenny like to watch his father do in the mornings, and why?
5. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
6. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
7. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
8. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
9. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
10. How does Kenny react to seeing Larry get beat up for stealing Kenny's gloves?
This section contains 706 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)