|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron throw at the bird on the phone wire?
(a) Bottle caps.
2. What day of the week does Dad present the biggest addition to the car?
3. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) A crazy person.
(b) A Mexican celebrity.
(c) A deathrow inmate.
(d) A hair stylist.
4. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her heat works.
(b) Her cooler works.
(c) She is very lonely.
(d) She makes delicious food.
5. What is Byron pretending to shoot down in the locked bathroom?
(a) Nazi soldiers.
(b) Gang members.
(c) His teachers.
(d) Kids from school.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dad pretend to be while presenting the biggest addition to the car?
2. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
3. What did the new boy used to eat for dinner before he moved?
4. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
5. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
2. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
3. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
4. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
5. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
6. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
7. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
8. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
9. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
10. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)