|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many pairs of gloves does Momma buy for each child every year?
2. Who does Momma send to the store for food in Chapter 6?
(a) Kenny and Joetta.
(b) Joetta and Byron.
(c) Joetta and Dad.
(d) Kenny and Byron.
3. What is the name of the biggest addition to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) Cruisin' Comfort.
(b) Ultra Glide.
(c) Rawling's Best.
(d) Chill Factor.
4. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
(a) Kenny says something rude about the south.
(b) Kenny makes fun of his glasses.
(c) Kenny doesn't stop Byron from teasing him.
(d) Kenny laughs at his younger brother.
5. What does Joey want to try doing in order to fix Byron's hair?
(a) Let it grow out.
(b) Shave it.
(c) Reverse the permanent.
(d) Wash it.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kenny feel when he sees the person who stole his gloves getting punished?
2. What grade is Kenny in?
3. What does Kenny like to do most?
4. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
5. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why has Dad been making so many repairs to the car in Chapter 8?
2. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
3. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
4. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
5. In Chapter 3, how does Kenny feel about havng to sit by the new kid at first, and why?
6. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
7. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
8. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
9. What does Momma do when she realizes what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
10. What makes Byron so happy after leaving the store with Kenny in Chapter 6?
This section contains 723 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)