|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) A Mexican celebrity.
(b) A hair stylist.
(c) A crazy person.
(d) A deathrow inmate.
2. How does Byron feel when Kenny reads to his class?
3. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
(a) Let it grow out.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Shave it.
(d) Reverse the permanent.
4. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
(a) He wanted to do the same thing.
(b) He loves his brother.
(c) He ate some of the things that Byron got.
(d) His brother blackmails him.
5. What is Kenny's favorite morning smell?
(b) Hair gel.
(c) Shaving soap.
(d) Momma's toothpaste.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the new boy in Kenny's class move from?
2. Why does Byron say southern people get colder faster than northern people?
3. How does Kenny feel when he sees the person who stole his gloves getting punished?
4. What does Momma say to Dad when he gets home after Byron changed his hair?
5. What does Joey stop doing after Byron talks to her about the garbage trucks?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
2. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
3. How does Kenny tease Byron after seeing his hair?
4. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
5. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
6. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
7. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
8. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
9. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
10. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
This section contains 767 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)