|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
(a) Kenny makes fun of his glasses.
(b) Kenny doesn't stop Byron from teasing him.
(c) Kenny says something rude about the south.
(d) Kenny laughs at his younger brother.
2. How does Kenny see what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
(a) He hides in the linen closet.
(b) He peeks under the door.
(c) He looks through the keyhole.
(d) He hides in the shower.
3. What does Dad pretend to be while presenting the biggest addition to the car?
(a) A confused man.
(b) A winner of a huge prize.
(c) An auctioneer.
(d) A car salesman.
4. When does Kenny get bullied the most?
(a) When he reads aloud.
(b) When Byron skips school.
(c) When his eye goes lazy.
(d) When his voice cracks.
5. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
(a) He adds fringe to them.
(b) He cuts them.
(c) He dyes them.
(d) He writes his name on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny like to do most?
2. How does Momma figure out what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
3. What does Byron say the garbage trucks really do in the morning?
4. What is the name of the biggest addition to the car in Chapter 8?
5. What grade is Kenny in?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
2. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
3. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
4. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
5. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
6. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
7. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
8. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
9. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
10. What does Kenny like to watch his father do in the mornings, and why?
This section contains 741 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)