|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
2. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
3. How does Byron get his lips stuck to the rear view mirror?
(a) He was looking at a crack in the mirror.
(b) He kissed his reflection.
(c) He tried to eat the ice.
(d) He was doing a dare.
4. How does Kenny see what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
(a) He peeks under the door.
(b) He hides in the linen closet.
(c) He hides in the shower.
(d) He looks through the keyhole.
5. Who does not allow Momma to punish Byron?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the person who helps mend the friendship between Kenny and the new kid talk to the new kid?
2. What does Kenny like to do most?
3. What does Momma try first in an effort to get Byron's lips off the mirror?
4. How does Byron feel about what he did to his hair?
5. During which season does the story begin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
2. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
3. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
4. What happens when Kenny finds a dollar at school?
5. What was Kenny ashamed about after the bombing?
6. What happens in Chapter 5 when Momma tries to punish Byron in the way she had threatened?
7. Where does Grandma warn the children not to go, and why?
8. What does Kenny see when he gets to the church to find Joey?
9. How does Momma soothe Rufus's hurt feelings for Kenny?
10. Why does Kenny feel he won a small victory during the car ride in Chapter 9?
This section contains 729 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)