|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
(a) Write an apology letter.
(b) Run away.
(c) Pretend to cry.
(d) Hide in his room.
2. What is Kenny's favorite morning smell?
(b) Shaving soap.
(c) Momma's toothpaste.
(d) Hair gel.
3. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
(a) They like having such nice coats.
(b) They don't like getting so hot.
(c) They don't like not being able to move.
(d) They like staying warm.
4. How long does Byron go before playing with the dangerous item again?
(a) 2 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 weeks.
5. What did Kenny find on the ground at school one day?
(a) A driver's license.
(b) A ripped up book.
(c) A dollar.
(d) A silver button.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Byron pretending to shoot down in the locked bathroom?
2. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Byron throw at the bird on the phone wire?
4. How many pairs of gloves does Momma buy for each child every year?
5. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
2. Why does Momma bundle up her kids so much when it gets cold?
3. Why has Dad been making so many repairs to the car in Chapter 8?
4. What does Dad say Momma's old boyfriend said to try to keep her from marrying Dad?
5. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
6. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
7. What does Kenny like to watch his father do in the mornings, and why?
8. Why does Byron say Kenny cannot tell on him for buying things at the store without permission?
9. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
10. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
This section contains 839 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)