|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What state was Momma raised in?
2. Why is Kenny so grateful when Southern boys start coming to school?
(a) They can tell him about the south.
(b) They are nice and wealthy.
(c) They can be new friends.
(d) They take the attention off Kenny.
3. What does Kenny like to watch his dad do in the mornings?
(a) Read the paper.
(c) Do his hair.
(d) Make coffee.
4. Why did Kenny stop being friends with the boy he used to play with before the new kid moved in?
(a) He was rude to his mother.
(b) He always made Kenny pay for treats.
(c) He was mean to Joetta.
(d) He stole some of Kenny's dinosaurs.
5. How is Momma kept from punishing Byron?
(a) He falls down.
(b) She screams at the top of her voice.
(c) The matches are blown out.
(d) He tells her to calm down.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
2. What grade is Kenny in?
3. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
4. How long does Byron go before playing with the dangerous item again?
5. Where will Byron stay for the summer?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
2. Why does Kenny say he is the kind of kid who gets teased?
3. What does Kenny say to tease Byron as they drive to Cyndey's house?
4. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
5. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
6. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
7. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
8. What does Kenny see Momma and Dad doing after the incident with Byron's hair?
9. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
10. What happens in Chapter 5 when Momma tries to punish Byron in the way she had threatened?
This section contains 793 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)