|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
(a) He is smarter than the other kids.
(b) Byron is his brother.
(c) He is big for his age.
(d) The kids usually like him.
2. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
(a) Her teacher.
(c) The other kids.
3. What style of hair does Byron say he wanted?
4. What does Byron say the garbage trucks really do in the morning?
(a) Look for kids without proper coats.
(b) Shovel the roads.
(c) Make the world colder.
(d) Pick up frozen bodies.
5. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
2. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
3. What is Momma's maiden name?
4. What is the nickname for Dad's car?
5. Why is the store owner confused when the two children ask to sign the welfare list in Chapter 6?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Kenny hear after Joey goes to church in Chapter 14, and what does Dad think caused it?
2. What does the author ask his readers to do at the end of the book?
3. What caused what Kenny heard in the back yard, and how does he discover this?
4. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron, and how does he respond to this?
5. What do Kenny and Byron trade off doing while driving in Chapter 10?
6. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
7. How does Kenny react to seeing Larry get beat up for stealing Kenny's gloves?
8. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
9. In Chapter 11, how does Kenny realize how long they have really been in the car?
10. What does Byron seem to like about being in Alabama?
This section contains 681 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)