|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
2. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
(a) Wash it.
(b) Let it grow out.
(c) Shave it.
(d) Reverse the permanent.
3. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
(a) They worry the owner will not believe them.
(b) They hate counting out all the money.
(c) They think it means they are on welfare.
(d) They were saving their allowance for something else.
4. What style of hair does Byron say he wanted?
5. How does Kenny feel when he sees the person who stole his gloves getting punished?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joey stop doing after Byron talks to her about the garbage trucks?
2. Which of the following is NOT something Dad starts fixing on his car in Chapter 8?
3. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
4. Why does Byron say southern people get colder faster than northern people?
5. What does Kenny like to do most?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
2. What happens in Chapter 5 when Momma tries to punish Byron in the way she had threatened?
3. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
4. What does Momma do when she realizes what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
5. What does Kenny see Byron doing in the locked bathroom?
6. What is the biggest addition Dad makes to the car in Chapter 8?
7. What happens when Kenny asks to sign the welfare list to pay for his groceries?
8. Why did Kenny stop playing with LJ?
9. How does Kenny try to help Rufus stay warm in the winter?
10. How does Kenny describe the social hierarchy at Clark Elementary School?
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)