|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
2. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) He is near-sighted.
(b) He is far-sighted.
(c) His left eye is blind.
(d) He has a lazy eye.
3. What does Kenny like to do most?
4. Why does Byron say southern people get colder faster than northern people?
(a) Their blood is thinner.
(b) Their hair is not as thick.
(c) Their hearts beat slower.
(d) Their skin is lighter.
5. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
(a) His brother blackmails him.
(b) He ate some of the things that Byron got.
(c) He wanted to do the same thing.
(d) He loves his brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
2. What style of hair does Byron say he wanted?
3. Where does the person who helps mend the friendship between Kenny and the new kid talk to the new kid?
4. Where will Byron stay for the summer?
5. Which of the following is NOT something Dad starts fixing on his car in Chapter 8?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Byron say to get Joetta to stop complaining about the warm clothes?
2. What are the Watsons doing at the very beginning of the book?
3. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7 and why?
4. What does Momma do to try to help Byron get his lips off the mirror?
5. What does Dad reveal as the final touch to his repairs on the car?
6. How does Byron react when Kenny comes to his class to read?
7. What do the other kids tease Rufus and Cody about?
8. What does Dad do after seeing what Byron did to his hair?
9. What does Momma threaten to do to Byron if he plays with fire again, and why?
10. What does Byron do after accidentally killing the bird on the phone wire?
This section contains 802 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)