|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
2. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
(a) To check raccoon traps.
(b) To go fishing.
(c) To go swimming.
(d) To see the spawning fish.
3. Why does Kenny have a hard time sleeping in Alabama?
(a) It is too noisy.
(b) It is too quiet.
(c) It is too dark.
(d) It is too hot.
4. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
(a) He can't carry a gun.
(b) He is too old.
(c) His eyesight is failing.
(d) He feels to bad for the hunted animals now.
5. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
(a) A street.
(b) F street.
(c) 16th street.
(d) 18th street.
6. What tragic even recently happened at the part of the lake Grandma tells the kids to stay away from?
(a) A little boy drowned.
(b) A girl was murdered and violated.
(c) A family was beaten.
(d) A little girl was bitten and died.
7. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
8. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
(b) Plays along.
(c) Asks to drive for a while.
(d) Goes back to sleep.
9. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
(a) He can make Momma proud.
(b) He is treated like a man.
(c) His friends are not there.
(d) He has no reputation there.
10. Who was most effected by the bombing?
11. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
(a) A bear frequents the area.
(b) Hobos camp out there.
(c) Snakes live in the nearby bog.
(d) There is a whirlpool there.
12. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
(a) The dense trees.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The sound of the owls.
(d) The darkness.
13. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) The car.
(b) Momma's room.
(c) Kenny's room.
(d) The couch.
14. Why can't the dog hunt anymore?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He lost his voice.
(c) His sense of scent is failing.
(d) His eyesight is failing.
15. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
(a) 5 days.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 3 days.
(d) 6 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
2. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
3. How does Momma let Grandma know she is there in Chapter 11?
4. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
5. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)