|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) Kenny's room.
(b) The couch.
(c) Momma's room.
(d) The car.
2. Where did the big boom occur?
(a) The lake.
(b) The town square.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
3. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) A spoiled brat.
(b) A tattle tale.
(c) A sad girl.
(d) A snitch.
4. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) He needs a shower.
(b) The sun is hotter.
(c) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(d) Dad's whiskers are growing.
5. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
(a) Across the back seat.
(b) In the trunk.
(c) On the floor in the back.
(d) On Momma's lap.
6. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
(a) He can make Momma proud.
(b) He is treated like a man.
(c) His friends are not there.
(d) He has no reputation there.
7. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
8. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Tiny and frail.
(b) Wise and weathered.
(c) Large and beautiful.
(d) Sweet and old.
9. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
(a) Peace makers.
(d) Change makers.
10. What is Kenny's favorite song?
(a) I Need You.
(b) Yakety Yak.
(c) Stand By Me.
(d) This Little Light.
11. Who does Dad think is responsible for the big boom?
(b) The neighbors.
(c) White men.
(d) A police.
12. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
(a) They still have food to give her mother.
(b) They saved money.
(c) The trip was shorter.
(d) She gets to see her mother sooner.
13. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron?
(a) To fetch some water.
(b) To feed the chickens.
(c) To cut some wood.
(d) To go to the store.
14. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
(a) 16th street.
(b) F street.
(c) A street.
(d) 18th street.
15. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
(a) It is not what he imagined.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It looks a lot like Flint.
(d) It is so green.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
2. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
3. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
4. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
5. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)