|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
(a) It is not what he imagined.
(b) It is ugly.
(c) It is so green.
(d) It looks a lot like Flint.
2. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
(a) In a chest.
(b) A sock drawer.
(c) On a wall.
(d) On a desk.
3. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
(a) Stroking her back.
(b) Plucking her hair.
(c) Putting her head on their lap.
(d) Pulling their feet up to avoid hitting her.
4. Why does Kenny want to go to the area of the lake that Grandma warned about?
(a) He would like to meet a hobo.
(b) He likes snakes.
(c) He has never seen a real bear.
(d) He wants adventure.
5. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
(a) They didn't want Joey to hear about the bombing.
(b) They thought Byron would get bad ideas.
(c) They were worried about Kenny.
(d) Dad wanted to get back to work.
6. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
7. Where was racial segregation the worst at the time of this book?
(a) The West.
(b) The East.
(c) The North.
(d) The South.
8. What is the hunting dog's name?
9. What does Kenny do when he sees his reflection in the mirror in Chapter 15?
(a) Breaks the mirror.
(c) Runs away.
10. Who does Kenny see as an angel as he is in danger at the area of the lake Grandma warned about?
(a) Mrs. Davidson.
11. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) Under his bed.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Behind the couch.
(d) In the linen closet.
12. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) The couch.
(b) Momma's room.
(c) Kenny's room.
(d) The car.
13. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) Collier's landing.
(b) A shallow hollow.
(c) A public beach.
(d) A diving pond.
14. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) Kenny and Byron.
(d) Some neighbors.
15. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) The car is acting funny.
(b) Her planning was in vain.
(c) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(d) The children are sore.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
2. What is Kenny's favorite song?
3. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
4. Who tells the family in Chapter 14 that Joey is safe?
5. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)