|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron do after Kenny starts breathing again after being saved from the lake?
(a) Hits Kenny.
2. Why can't the dog hunt anymore?
(a) He is too old.
(b) His eyesight is failing.
(c) He lost his voice.
(d) His sense of scent is failing.
3. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
4. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Tiny and frail.
(b) Sweet and old.
(c) Large and beautiful.
(d) Wise and weathered.
5. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
(a) A shoe.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A burned brick.
(d) A piece of charred wood.
6. What do the Watsons have a hard time getting used to in Alabama?
(a) The close neighbors.
(b) The humidity.
(c) The bugs.
(d) The heat.
7. What about Grandma does Momma not approve of?
(a) Her lack of church going.
(b) Her outhouse.
(c) Her dyed hair.
(d) Her gentleman friend.
8. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) A spoiled brat.
(b) A sad girl.
(c) A tattle tale.
(d) A snitch.
9. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
(a) 18th street.
(b) A street.
(c) 16th street.
(d) F street.
10. Who was most effected by the bombing?
11. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) There are only outhouses.
(b) The stop is at a tiny shack.
(c) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(d) There are no vending machines.
12. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
13. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
(a) To check raccoon traps.
(b) To see the spawning fish.
(c) To go swimming.
(d) To go fishing.
14. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(a) Some neighbors.
(c) Mr. Robert.
(d) Kenny and Byron.
15. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
2. What caused the big boom?
3. Where does Grandma Sands live?
4. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
5. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
This section contains 422 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)