|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
2. What does the Epilogue talk about?
(b) Civil rights.
(c) The true bombing.
(d) African American culture.
3. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
(a) Peace makers.
(d) Change makers.
4. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
(a) Stay happy.
(b) Learn something.
(d) See the country.
5. What does Kenny do when he sees his reflection in the mirror in Chapter 15?
(b) Runs away.
(c) Breaks the mirror.
6. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) He needs a shower.
(b) The sun is hotter.
(c) Dad's whiskers are growing.
(d) Byron has fuzz on his head.
7. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
(a) He can make Momma proud.
(b) His friends are not there.
(c) He has no reputation there.
(d) He is treated like a man.
8. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
(a) That he won't know everything.
(b) That he will not know who to trust.
(c) That he will be too soft.
(d) That he will make bad decisions.
9. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
(a) To check raccoon traps.
(b) To go swimming.
(c) To go fishing.
(d) To see the spawning fish.
10. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
(a) A group home.
(b) A regular house.
(c) A log house.
(d) A shack.
11. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
12. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
(a) The milking shed.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The porch.
(d) The kitchen.
13. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A burned brick.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A piece of charred wood.
14. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) In a recipe book.
(b) On flash cards.
(c) On a calendar.
(d) In a notebook.
15. Where was racial segregation the worst at the time of this book?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The North.
(d) The East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What caused the big boom?
2. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
3. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
4. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
5. What about Grandma does Momma not approve of?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)