|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
(a) Wool Pooh.
(b) White supremists.
(c) Angry policemen.
(d) Escaped slaves.
2. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
(a) Mr. Johnson.
(b) Ms. Jones.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
(d) Mr. Martinez.
3. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) In the back yard.
(b) On the road.
(c) In his room.
(d) Outside the church.
4. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(a) Some neighbors.
(b) Mr. Robert.
(d) Kenny and Byron.
5. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) There are only outhouses.
(b) There are no vending machines.
(c) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(d) The stop is at a tiny shack.
6. Who is Wool Pooh?
(a) A goblin from an old story.
(b) A family joke.
(c) Winnie the Pooh's evil twin.
(d) A vicious neighborhood dog.
7. What gift does Mrs. Davidson give her favorite Watson before they leave on their trip?
(a) An angel.
(b) A framed picture.
(c) A book.
(d) A hair bow.
8. Who refuses to go with Kenny to the ares of the lake Grandma warned about?
9. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
(a) She gets to see her mother sooner.
(b) They still have food to give her mother.
(c) The trip was shorter.
(d) They saved money.
10. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
(a) He has no reputation there.
(b) His friends are not there.
(c) He can make Momma proud.
(d) He is treated like a man.
11. Who tells the family in Chapter 14 that Joey is safe?
12. What caused the big boom?
(a) Falling rocks.
(c) A caved in roof.
(d) A bomb.
13. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) Kenny's room.
(b) The car.
(c) The couch.
(d) Momma's room.
14. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(b) The sun is hotter.
(c) He needs a shower.
(d) Dad's whiskers are growing.
15. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
(a) That he will not know who to trust.
(b) That he will be too soft.
(c) That he will make bad decisions.
(d) That he won't know everything.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was most effected by the bombing?
2. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
3. What is the hunting dog's name?
4. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
5. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)