|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the Watsons have a hard time getting used to in Alabama?
(a) The close neighbors.
(b) The humidity.
(c) The heat.
(d) The bugs.
2. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) A sad girl.
(b) A tattle tale.
(c) A snitch.
(d) A spoiled brat.
3. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(c) Mr. Robert.
4. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
(a) He listens to Grandma.
(b) He seems happy to be there.
(c) He doesn't say a word.
(d) He is rude.
5. Who does Byron invite to go to the lake with him in Chapter 12?
(c) Mr. Redding.
6. What does Byron do after Kenny starts breathing again after being saved from the lake?
(d) Hits Kenny.
7. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
(a) She saw Kenny waving to her.
(b) She got hungry.
(c) She felt uneasy.
(d) She left her Bible on her bed.
8. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
(a) He has no reputation there.
(b) He can make Momma proud.
(c) He is treated like a man.
(d) His friends are not there.
9. Why doesn't Byron sleep in his own room on the night before the road trip?
(a) His room is bare and empty.
(b) He is scared.
(c) He is excited for the trip.
(d) He threatened to run away.
10. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) On the road.
(b) In the back yard.
(c) Outside the church.
(d) In his room.
11. Who was most effected by the bombing?
12. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
(a) To check raccoon traps.
(b) To go swimming.
(c) To see the spawning fish.
(d) To go fishing.
13. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
(a) On Momma's lap.
(b) Across the back seat.
(c) In the trunk.
(d) On the floor in the back.
14. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) The car is acting funny.
(b) Her planning was in vain.
(c) The children are sore.
(d) She didn't have time to freshen up.
15. What is the hunting dog's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
2. Where does Byron kiss Kenny when he starts to breathe again in Chapter 13?
3. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
4. In what state is the second break of the road trip taken in?
5. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)