|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Ryan.
(b) Mr. Rylan.
(c) Mr. Robert.
(d) Mr. Redding.
2. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The sound of the owls.
(d) The dense trees.
3. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron?
(a) To fetch some water.
(b) To feed the chickens.
(c) To cut some wood.
(d) To go to the store.
4. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) On the floor in the back.
(c) On Momma's lap.
(d) Across the back seat.
5. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
(a) There is a whirlpool there.
(b) Snakes live in the nearby bog.
(c) A bear frequents the area.
(d) Hobos camp out there.
6. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Tiny and frail.
(b) Large and beautiful.
(c) Wise and weathered.
(d) Sweet and old.
7. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
(a) She got hungry.
(b) She left her Bible on her bed.
(c) She saw Kenny waving to her.
(d) She felt uneasy.
8. What does Byron do after Kenny starts breathing again after being saved from the lake?
(a) Hits Kenny.
9. Who was most effected by the bombing?
10. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(b) The sun is hotter.
(c) He needs a shower.
(d) Dad's whiskers are growing.
11. What tragic even recently happened at the part of the lake Grandma tells the kids to stay away from?
(a) A little boy drowned.
(b) A girl was murdered and violated.
(c) A family was beaten.
(d) A little girl was bitten and died.
12. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
(c) A stranger.
(d) Mr. Robert.
13. Where was racial segregation the worst at the time of this book?
(a) The West.
(b) The East.
(c) The North.
(d) The South.
14. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
(a) A ribbon.
(b) A shoe.
(c) A piece of charred wood.
(d) A burned brick.
15. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
(a) His new hair.
(b) His growing whiskers.
(c) His first pimple.
(d) His scar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the Watsons have a hard time getting used to in Alabama?
2. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
3. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
4. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
5. What is Kenny's favorite song?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)