|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to go with Kenny to the ares of the lake Grandma warned about?
2. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
(a) The mountains.
(b) The sound of the owls.
(c) The darkness.
(d) The dense trees.
3. Why do the kids all go to the lake in Chapter 13?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To fetch water.
(c) To check beaver traps.
(d) To go swimming.
4. Who tells the family in Chapter 14 that Joey is safe?
5. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Large and beautiful.
(b) Sweet and old.
(c) Tiny and frail.
(d) Wise and weathered.
6. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
(a) A log house.
(b) A group home.
(c) A regular house.
(d) A shack.
7. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
(a) He feels to bad for the hunted animals now.
(b) He can't carry a gun.
(c) His eyesight is failing.
(d) He is too old.
8. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) He needs a shower.
(b) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(c) Dad's whiskers are growing.
(d) The sun is hotter.
9. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(a) Mr. Robert.
(b) Some neighbors.
(c) Kenny and Byron.
10. Why does Kenny want to go to the area of the lake that Grandma warned about?
(a) He likes snakes.
(b) He wants adventure.
(c) He would like to meet a hobo.
(d) He has never seen a real bear.
11. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
(a) Stay happy.
(b) See the country.
(c) Learn something.
12. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) The stop is at a tiny shack.
(b) There are only outhouses.
(c) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(d) There are no vending machines.
13. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
(a) The porch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The milking shed.
(d) The drawing room.
14. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
15. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
(a) Ms. Jones.
(b) Mr. Martinez.
(c) Mr. Johnson.
(d) Mrs. Davidson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
2. Who does Dad think is responsible for the big boom?
3. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
4. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
5. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
This section contains 453 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)