|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the hunting dog's name?
2. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) On the road.
(b) Outside the church.
(c) In the back yard.
(d) In his room.
3. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
(a) Ms. Jones.
(b) Mr. Johnson.
(c) Mr. Martinez.
(d) Mrs. Davidson.
4. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
5. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
(a) She gets to see her mother sooner.
(b) The trip was shorter.
(c) They saved money.
(d) They still have food to give her mother.
6. Who was most effected by the bombing?
7. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
(a) There is a whirlpool there.
(b) Snakes live in the nearby bog.
(c) Hobos camp out there.
(d) A bear frequents the area.
8. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) The stop is at a tiny shack.
(b) There are no vending machines.
(c) There are only outhouses.
(d) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
9. Where did the big boom occur?
(a) The church.
(b) The town square.
(c) The school.
(d) The lake.
10. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Redding.
(b) Mr. Rylan.
(c) Mr. Robert.
(d) Mr. Ryan.
11. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
12. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
13. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
(a) In the trunk.
(b) Across the back seat.
(c) On the floor in the back.
(d) On Momma's lap.
14. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
(a) A racoon.
(b) A fox.
(c) A deer.
(d) A badger.
15. Who is Wool Pooh?
(a) A vicious neighborhood dog.
(b) Winnie the Pooh's evil twin.
(c) A family joke.
(d) A goblin from an old story.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kenny have a hard time sleeping in Alabama?
2. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
3. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
4. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
5. How does Momma let Grandma know she is there in Chapter 11?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)