|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) Outside the church.
(b) On the road.
(c) In the back yard.
(d) In his room.
2. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(b) The children are sore.
(c) Her planning was in vain.
(d) The car is acting funny.
3. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
4. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(d) Mr. Robert.
5. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
(a) 16th street.
(b) F street.
(c) A street.
(d) 18th street.
6. Who is Wool Pooh?
(a) A vicious neighborhood dog.
(b) A goblin from an old story.
(c) Winnie the Pooh's evil twin.
(d) A family joke.
7. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
(a) There is a whirlpool there.
(b) Snakes live in the nearby bog.
(c) Hobos camp out there.
(d) A bear frequents the area.
8. What caused the big boom?
(a) Falling rocks.
(b) A bomb.
(d) A caved in roof.
9. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
(a) Change makers.
(d) Peace makers.
10. What about Grandma does Momma not approve of?
(a) Her dyed hair.
(b) Her outhouse.
(c) Her gentleman friend.
(d) Her lack of church going.
11. What does Dad call the family when they all wake up in the car in Chapter 11?
(a) Sleepy heads.
(d) Silly Northerners
12. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
(a) Asks to drive for a while.
(b) Goes back to sleep.
(c) Plays along.
13. In what state is the second break of the road trip taken in?
14. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
(b) Listens to Momma read.
(c) Falls asleep.
(d) Looks at the changing scenery.
15. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
2. Who was most effected by the bombing?
3. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
4. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
5. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)