|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) In the back yard.
(b) Outside the church.
(c) On the road.
(d) In his room.
2. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) On flash cards.
(b) In a recipe book.
(c) On a calendar.
(d) In a notebook.
3. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) Her planning was in vain.
(b) The car is acting funny.
(c) The children are sore.
(d) She didn't have time to freshen up.
4. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
(a) Mr. Martinez.
(b) Ms. Jones.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
5. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
(a) His scar.
(b) His new hair.
(c) His growing whiskers.
(d) His first pimple.
6. Why does Kenny want to go to the area of the lake that Grandma warned about?
(a) He wants adventure.
(b) He has never seen a real bear.
(c) He would like to meet a hobo.
(d) He likes snakes.
7. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) A shallow hollow.
(b) A public beach.
(c) Collier's landing.
(d) A diving pond.
8. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To see the spawning fish.
(c) To check raccoon traps.
(d) To go swimming.
9. What is Kenny's favorite song?
(a) I Need You.
(b) This Little Light.
(c) Yakety Yak.
(d) Stand By Me.
10. Who does Byron invite to go to the lake with him in Chapter 12?
(c) Mr. Redding.
11. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
(a) 6 days.
(b) 3 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
12. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
(a) He feels to bad for the hunted animals now.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He can't carry a gun.
(d) His eyesight is failing.
13. Who does Dad think is responsible for the big boom?
(b) A police.
(c) The neighbors.
(d) White men.
14. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
(a) Putting her head on their lap.
(b) Stroking her back.
(c) Pulling their feet up to avoid hitting her.
(d) Plucking her hair.
15. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
2. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
3. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
4. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron?
5. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)