|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Robert.
(b) Mr. Redding.
(c) Mr. Ryan.
(d) Mr. Rylan.
2. What gift does Mrs. Davidson give her favorite Watson before they leave on their trip?
(a) A book.
(b) An angel.
(c) A framed picture.
(d) A hair bow.
3. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
(a) "You deserve it."
(b) "You better get used to it."
(c) "It is all I can offer."
(d) :It is better than nothing."
4. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
(a) A racoon.
(b) A badger.
(c) A fox.
(d) A deer.
5. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) There are no vending machines.
(b) The stop is at a tiny shack.
(c) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(d) There are only outhouses.
6. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
(b) A stranger.
(d) Mr. Robert.
7. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
(a) They thought Byron would get bad ideas.
(b) They didn't want Joey to hear about the bombing.
(c) Dad wanted to get back to work.
(d) They were worried about Kenny.
8. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
(a) Her ruined dress.
(b) A drop of her blood.
(c) Her ribbon.
(d) Both of her shoes.
9. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
(a) He is rude.
(b) He seems happy to be there.
(c) He listens to Grandma.
(d) He doesn't say a word.
10. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) In a notebook.
(b) In a recipe book.
(c) On flash cards.
(d) On a calendar.
11. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) In the linen closet.
(b) In the basement.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Behind the couch.
12. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron?
(a) To feed the chickens.
(b) To go to the store.
(c) To cut some wood.
(d) To fetch some water.
13. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
14. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
(a) The dense trees.
(b) The mountains.
(c) The sound of the owls.
(d) The darkness.
15. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(a) Mr. Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
2. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
3. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
4. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
5. Why can't the dog hunt anymore?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)