|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
2. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) Kenny's room.
(b) Momma's room.
(c) The couch.
(d) The car.
3. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(b) The children are sore.
(c) The car is acting funny.
(d) Her planning was in vain.
4. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
(a) A badger.
(b) A fox.
(c) A racoon.
(d) A deer.
5. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
(a) Community of Rights for Everyone.
(b) Congress of Racial Equity.
(c) Continual Offering for Rights and Equity.
(d) Common Origins of Races and Elements.
6. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
(a) "It is all I can offer."
(b) "You deserve it."
(c) :It is better than nothing."
(d) "You better get used to it."
7. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
(b) Peace makers.
(d) Change makers.
8. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
(a) The porch.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The milking shed.
(d) The kitchen.
9. What does Kenny do when he sees his reflection in the mirror in Chapter 15?
(b) Breaks the mirror.
(d) Runs away.
10. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
11. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
(a) He is too old.
(b) He can't carry a gun.
(c) His eyesight is failing.
(d) He feels to bad for the hunted animals now.
12. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
(a) The trip was shorter.
(b) She gets to see her mother sooner.
(c) They still have food to give her mother.
(d) They saved money.
13. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
(b) A stranger.
(c) Mr. Robert.
14. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
15. Who was most effected by the bombing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
2. Where does Grandma Sands live?
3. Why can't the dog hunt anymore?
4. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
5. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)