|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
(a) Hobos camp out there.
(b) There is a whirlpool there.
(c) Snakes live in the nearby bog.
(d) A bear frequents the area.
2. Who refuses to go with Kenny to the ares of the lake Grandma warned about?
3. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
(a) "You deserve it."
(b) "You better get used to it."
(c) "It is all I can offer."
(d) :It is better than nothing."
4. What does the Epilogue talk about?
(a) The true bombing.
(b) African American culture.
(d) Civil rights.
5. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) The car.
(b) Momma's room.
(c) Kenny's room.
(d) The couch.
6. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
7. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
(a) A regular house.
(b) A group home.
(c) A log house.
(d) A shack.
8. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
(a) Her ribbon.
(b) A drop of her blood.
(c) Both of her shoes.
(d) Her ruined dress.
9. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
(a) Goes back to sleep.
(c) Plays along.
(d) Asks to drive for a while.
10. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
11. Why do the kids all go to the lake in Chapter 13?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To go swimming.
(c) To check beaver traps.
(d) To fetch water.
12. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
(a) 3 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 4 days.
13. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
(a) His first pimple.
(b) His new hair.
(c) His scar.
(d) His growing whiskers.
14. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) The stop is at a tiny shack.
(b) There are no vending machines.
(c) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(d) There are only outhouses.
15. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) In the basement.
(b) Behind the couch.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) In the linen closet.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was most effected by the bombing?
2. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
3. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
4. Where did the big boom occur?
5. Who is Wool Pooh?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)