|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Watsons leave Alabama the night of the bombing?
(a) They thought Byron would get bad ideas.
(b) Dad wanted to get back to work.
(c) They didn't want Joey to hear about the bombing.
(d) They were worried about Kenny.
2. What does Byron do after Kenny starts breathing again after being saved from the lake?
(c) Hits Kenny.
3. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
(a) He seems happy to be there.
(b) He listens to Grandma.
(c) He is rude.
(d) He doesn't say a word.
4. Who was most effected by the bombing?
5. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) The car is acting funny.
(b) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(c) The children are sore.
(d) Her planning was in vain.
6. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
(a) Both of her shoes.
(b) Her ribbon.
(c) Her ruined dress.
(d) A drop of her blood.
7. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
8. Where does Grandma Sands live?
9. Where does Byron kiss Kenny when he starts to breathe again in Chapter 13?
(a) His hands.
(b) His head.
(c) His lips.
(d) His cheeks.
10. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
(a) He is treated like a man.
(b) He can make Momma proud.
(c) He has no reputation there.
(d) His friends are not there.
11. Where did the big boom occur?
(a) The lake.
(b) The town square.
(c) The church.
(d) The school.
12. Who refuses to go with Kenny to the ares of the lake Grandma warned about?
13. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) In a notebook.
(b) On flash cards.
(c) In a recipe book.
(d) On a calendar.
14. What is Kenny's favorite song?
(a) I Need You.
(b) Stand By Me.
(c) Yakety Yak.
(d) This Little Light.
15. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
(a) A stranger.
(c) Mr. Robert.
Short Answer Questions
1. In what state is the second break of the road trip taken in?
2. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
3. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
4. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
5. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)