|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the family in Chapter 14 that Joey is safe?
2. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
3. Why can't the dog hunt anymore?
(a) His eyesight is failing.
(b) His sense of scent is failing.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He lost his voice.
4. Why doesn't Byron sleep in his own room on the night before the road trip?
(a) He is scared.
(b) He threatened to run away.
(c) His room is bare and empty.
(d) He is excited for the trip.
5. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
6. In what state is the second break of the road trip taken in?
7. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
(a) His scar.
(b) His first pimple.
(c) His growing whiskers.
(d) His new hair.
8. What gift does Mrs. Davidson give her favorite Watson before they leave on their trip?
(a) An angel.
(b) A book.
(c) A hair bow.
(d) A framed picture.
9. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
(a) Ms. Jones.
(b) Mr. Martinez.
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
(d) Mr. Johnson.
10. Who was most effected by the bombing?
11. What does Kenny do when he sees his reflection in the mirror in Chapter 15?
(b) Breaks the mirror.
(d) Runs away.
12. What part of the lake does Grandma say to stay away from?
(a) Circle Dock.
(b) Collier's Landing.
(c) Cray's Pier.
(d) Colenel's Point.
13. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
(a) The porch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The milking shed.
14. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
15. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
(a) Goes back to sleep.
(b) Asks to drive for a while.
(c) Plays along.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
2. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
3. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
4. Who does Kenny see as an angel as he is in danger at the area of the lake Grandma warned about?
5. What does Byron do after Kenny starts breathing again after being saved from the lake?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)