|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron say hillbillies eat?
(b) Whatever they can find.
2. What does Kenny do when he sees his reflection in the mirror in Chapter 15?
(c) Breaks the mirror.
(d) Runs away.
3. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) There are no vending machines.
(b) The stop is at a tiny shack.
(c) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(d) There are only outhouses.
4. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Wise and weathered.
(b) Large and beautiful.
(c) Sweet and old.
(d) Tiny and frail.
5. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
(a) Plucking her hair.
(b) Putting her head on their lap.
(c) Stroking her back.
(d) Pulling their feet up to avoid hitting her.
6. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
7. Where does Byron kiss Kenny when he starts to breathe again in Chapter 13?
(a) His cheeks.
(b) His head.
(c) His lips.
(d) His hands.
8. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Ryan.
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) Mr. Rylan.
(d) Mr. Redding.
9. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
(a) Peace makers.
(c) Change makers.
10. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
(a) He can't carry a gun.
(b) His eyesight is failing.
(c) He is too old.
(d) He feels to bad for the hunted animals now.
11. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
12. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
(a) On a desk.
(b) A sock drawer.
(c) On a wall.
(d) In a chest.
13. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(a) Kenny and Byron.
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) Some neighbors.
14. Where was racial segregation the worst at the time of this book?
(a) The South.
(b) The West.
(c) The North.
(d) The East.
15. Who was most effected by the bombing?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
2. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
3. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
4. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
5. Where did the big boom occur?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)