|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was most effected by the bombing?
2. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
(a) "You deserve it."
(b) :It is better than nothing."
(c) "It is all I can offer."
(d) "You better get used to it."
3. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) In the back yard.
(b) In his room.
(c) Outside the church.
(d) On the road.
4. Why does Kenny have a hard time sleeping in Alabama?
(a) It is too dark.
(b) It is too quiet.
(c) It is too noisy.
(d) It is too hot.
5. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
(a) Community of Rights for Everyone.
(b) Continual Offering for Rights and Equity.
(c) Common Origins of Races and Elements.
(d) Congress of Racial Equity.
6. What does Byron do after Kenny starts breathing again after being saved from the lake?
(c) Hits Kenny.
7. What caused the big boom?
(b) A bomb.
(c) A caved in roof.
(d) Falling rocks.
8. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
9. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) In the basement.
(b) Under his bed.
(c) In the linen closet.
(d) Behind the couch.
10. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 5 days.
(c) 6 days.
(d) 3 days.
11. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) A shallow hollow.
(b) A diving pond.
(c) A public beach.
(d) Collier's landing.
12. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) The couch.
(b) Kenny's room.
(c) The car.
(d) Momma's room.
13. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
14. What do the Watsons have a hard time getting used to in Alabama?
(a) The close neighbors.
(b) The humidity.
(c) The bugs.
(d) The heat.
15. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Tiny and frail.
(b) Wise and weathered.
(c) Sweet and old.
(d) Large and beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of the lake does Grandma say to stay away from?
2. What does Dad call the family when they all wake up in the car in Chapter 11?
3. Where was racial segregation the worst at the time of this book?
4. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
5. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
This section contains 414 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)