|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
(a) A drop of her blood.
(b) Her ribbon.
(c) Her ruined dress.
(d) Both of her shoes.
2. What do the Watsons have a hard time getting used to in Alabama?
(a) The heat.
(b) The close neighbors.
(c) The humidity.
(d) The bugs.
3. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
4. What does Dad call the family when they all wake up in the car in Chapter 11?
(a) Sleepy heads.
(b) Silly Northerners
5. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Wise and weathered.
(b) Sweet and old.
(c) Large and beautiful.
(d) Tiny and frail.
6. Who was most effected by the bombing?
7. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
(a) Across the back seat.
(b) On the floor in the back.
(c) In the trunk.
(d) On Momma's lap.
8. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
(a) That he will not know who to trust.
(b) That he will be too soft.
(c) That he will make bad decisions.
(d) That he won't know everything.
9. What does the Epilogue talk about?
(a) Civil rights.
(c) The true bombing.
(d) African American culture.
10. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
(a) Putting her head on their lap.
(b) Stroking her back.
(c) Pulling their feet up to avoid hitting her.
(d) Plucking her hair.
11. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
(a) The porch.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The drawing room.
(d) The milking shed.
12. Who does Byron invite to go to the lake with him in Chapter 12?
(d) Mr. Redding.
13. Where does Byron kiss Kenny when he starts to breathe again in Chapter 13?
(a) His head.
(b) His hands.
(c) His cheeks.
(d) His lips.
14. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
(a) He listens to Grandma.
(b) He seems happy to be there.
(c) He doesn't say a word.
(d) He is rude.
15. What does the author say we might be if we want to?
(a) Change makers.
(b) Peace makers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
2. What is Momma happy about when she sees Dad has driven straight through the entire trip?
3. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
4. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
5. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)