|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
2. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(b) Mr. Robert.
3. Who does Joey go to Sunday School with in Alabama?
(a) Kenny and Byron.
(c) Some neighbors.
(d) Mr. Robert.
4. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
(a) He feels to bad for the hunted animals now.
(b) His eyesight is failing.
(c) He can't carry a gun.
(d) He is too old.
5. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
6. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
(a) White supremists.
(b) Wool Pooh.
(c) Angry policemen.
(d) Escaped slaves.
7. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
8. How many states do the Watsons drive through before their second break?
9. What is Kenny's favorite song?
(a) I Need You.
(b) This Little Light.
(c) Yakety Yak.
(d) Stand By Me.
10. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
11. Who refuses to go with Kenny to the ares of the lake Grandma warned about?
12. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
(a) A burned brick.
(b) A ribbon.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A piece of charred wood.
13. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) Collier's landing.
(b) A diving pond.
(c) A public beach.
(d) A shallow hollow.
14. What about Grandma does Momma not approve of?
(a) Her gentleman friend.
(b) Her dyed hair.
(c) Her lack of church going.
(d) Her outhouse.
15. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
(a) The drawing room.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The porch.
(d) The milking shed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Kenny have a hard time sleeping in Alabama?
2. What does Dad say when Byron complains at the first stop on the road trip?
3. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
4. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
5. What does the Epilogue talk about?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)