|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was racial segregation the worst at the time of this book?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The East.
(d) The North.
2. Where does Kenny hide at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) In the basement.
(b) In the linen closet.
(c) Under his bed.
(d) Behind the couch.
3. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(b) There are only outhouses.
(c) There are no vending machines.
(d) The stop is at a tiny shack.
4. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
5. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) A public beach.
(b) A diving pond.
(c) A shallow hollow.
(d) Collier's landing.
6. Who does Kenny see as an angel as he is in danger at the area of the lake Grandma warned about?
(c) Mrs. Davidson.
7. Who tells the family in Chapter 14 that Joey is safe?
8. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
9. Where did the big boom occur?
(a) The town square.
(b) The school.
(c) The church.
(d) The lake.
10. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) On a calendar.
(b) On flash cards.
(c) In a recipe book.
(d) In a notebook.
11. Who is Wool Pooh?
(a) Winnie the Pooh's evil twin.
(b) A vicious neighborhood dog.
(c) A goblin from an old story.
(d) A family joke.
12. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
(a) A bear frequents the area.
(b) Snakes live in the nearby bog.
(c) Hobos camp out there.
(d) There is a whirlpool there.
13. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
(a) Congress of Racial Equity.
(b) Continual Offering for Rights and Equity.
(c) Community of Rights for Everyone.
(d) Common Origins of Races and Elements.
14. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
(a) On a desk.
(b) In a chest.
(c) A sock drawer.
(d) On a wall.
15. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
(a) His growing whiskers.
(b) His scar.
(c) His first pimple.
(d) His new hair.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
2. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
3. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
4. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
5. What do the Watsons have a hard time getting used to in Alabama?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)