|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells the family in Chapter 14 that Joey is safe?
2. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
3. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
(a) Her ruined dress.
(b) Both of her shoes.
(c) Her ribbon.
(d) A drop of her blood.
4. What do the Watsons have a hard time getting used to in Alabama?
(a) The heat.
(b) The close neighbors.
(c) The humidity.
(d) The bugs.
5. Who is Wool Pooh?
(a) A goblin from an old story.
(b) Winnie the Pooh's evil twin.
(c) A family joke.
(d) A vicious neighborhood dog.
6. What does Kenny take from the place where the big boom occurred?
(a) A burned brick.
(b) A piece of charred wood.
(c) A shoe.
(d) A ribbon.
7. What are the Watson children afraid of when they take their second break of the road trip?
(a) The darkness.
(b) The dense trees.
(c) The mountains.
(d) The sound of the owls.
8. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
(a) 18th street.
(b) F street.
(c) 16th street.
(d) A street.
9. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
(a) A deer.
(b) A badger.
(c) A fox.
(d) A racoon.
10. Who was most effected by the bombing?
11. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
(a) The milking shed.
(b) The drawing room.
(c) The porch.
(d) The kitchen.
12. What is the first chore Grandma gives Byron?
(a) To feed the chickens.
(b) To go to the store.
(c) To fetch some water.
(d) To cut some wood.
13. What gift does Mrs. Davidson give her favorite Watson before they leave on their trip?
(a) A book.
(b) A framed picture.
(c) A hair bow.
(d) An angel.
14. Where was racial segregation the worst at the time of this book?
(a) The South.
(b) The North.
(c) The West.
(d) The East.
15. How long is the road trip supposed to take?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 6 days.
(c) 5 days.
(d) 3 days.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocks Kenny about Byron when they get to Grandma's house?
2. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
3. Where is the first stop the Watsons make on their road trip?
4. How does Momma let Grandma know she is there in Chapter 11?
5. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)