|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
(a) A badger.
(b) A fox.
(c) A racoon.
(d) A deer.
2. What about Grandma does Momma not approve of?
(a) Her gentleman friend.
(b) Her lack of church going.
(c) Her dyed hair.
(d) Her outhouse.
3. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Rylan.
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) Mr. Ryan.
(d) Mr. Redding.
4. Who does Mrs. Davidson love most in the Watson family?
5. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
(a) He can't carry a gun.
(b) He feels to bad for the hunted animals now.
(c) His eyesight is failing.
(d) He is too old.
6. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) A spoiled brat.
(b) A snitch.
(c) A sad girl.
(d) A tattle tale.
7. What does the family do while Dad drives after the first stop on the road trip?
(a) Listens to Momma read.
(b) Looks at the changing scenery.
(d) Falls asleep.
8. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
(a) A sock drawer.
(b) On a wall.
(c) On a desk.
(d) In a chest.
9. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) A diving pond.
(b) A shallow hollow.
(c) Collier's landing.
(d) A public beach.
10. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
(a) His new hair.
(b) His scar.
(c) His growing whiskers.
(d) His first pimple.
11. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) The sun is hotter.
(b) He needs a shower.
(c) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(d) Dad's whiskers are growing.
12. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) In the back yard.
(b) On the road.
(c) In his room.
(d) Outside the church.
13. Why does Kenny have a hard time sleeping in Alabama?
(a) It is too noisy.
(b) It is too hot.
(c) It is too quiet.
(d) It is too dark.
14. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
(a) Congress of Racial Equity.
(b) Community of Rights for Everyone.
(c) Common Origins of Races and Elements.
(d) Continual Offering for Rights and Equity.
15. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(b) The car is acting funny.
(c) The children are sore.
(d) Her planning was in vain.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Momma and Grandma sit while they catch up in Chapter 12?
2. What does Byron seem to enjoy about being at Grandma's house?
3. Where does Joey sleep in the car?
4. Who tells the family in Chapter 14 that Joey is safe?
5. What does Byron say hillbillies eat?
This section contains 464 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)