|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What caused the big boom?
(a) Falling rocks.
(b) A caved in roof.
(d) A bomb.
2. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Rylan.
(b) Mr. Robert.
(c) Mr. Redding.
(d) Mr. Ryan.
3. What does Kenny think when they first arrive in the city where Grandma lives?
(a) It looks a lot like Flint.
(b) It is not what he imagined.
(c) It is ugly.
(d) It is so green.
4. Where was racial segregation the worst at the time of this book?
(a) The West.
(b) The South.
(c) The East.
(d) The North.
5. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) The children are sore.
(b) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(c) The car is acting funny.
(d) Her planning was in vain.
6. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) A shallow hollow.
(b) A diving pond.
(c) Collier's landing.
(d) A public beach.
7. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(c) Mr. Robert.
8. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
(a) A sock drawer.
(b) On a desk.
(c) On a wall.
(d) In a chest.
9. Where does Grandma Sands live?
10. Who does Kenny think caused the big boom?
(a) White supremists.
(b) Escaped slaves.
(c) Angry policemen.
(d) Wool Pooh.
11. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
12. What does Kenny say he is scared of when he gets older?
(a) That he will not know who to trust.
(b) That he won't know everything.
(c) That he will be too soft.
(d) That he will make bad decisions.
13. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
(a) He feels to bad for the hunted animals now.
(b) He is too old.
(c) He can't carry a gun.
(d) His eyesight is failing.
14. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) In a recipe book.
(b) On a calendar.
(c) On flash cards.
(d) In a notebook.
15. Where is Kenny when he hears the big boom?
(a) Outside the church.
(b) In the back yard.
(c) On the road.
(d) In his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Byron invite to go to the lake with him in Chapter 12?
2. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
3. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
4. What does Dad call the family when they all wake up in the car in Chapter 11?
5. Why does Kenny have a hard time sleeping in Alabama?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)