|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who refuses to go with Kenny to the ares of the lake Grandma warned about?
2. What caused the big boom?
(a) A caved in roof.
(b) Falling rocks.
(d) A bomb.
3. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
(a) A spoiled brat.
(b) A sad girl.
(c) A snitch.
(d) A tattle tale.
4. What is the safe place a sign points to along the lake?
(a) A shallow hollow.
(b) Collier's landing.
(c) A public beach.
(d) A diving pond.
5. What is the name of Grandma's gentleman friend?
(a) Mr. Robert.
(b) Mr. Ryan.
(c) Mr. Redding.
(d) Mr. Rylan.
6. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) In a recipe book.
(b) In a notebook.
(c) On a calendar.
(d) On flash cards.
7. In Chapter 14, what does Joey show Kenny to prove she is alive?
(a) Both of her shoes.
(b) A drop of her blood.
(c) Her ruined dress.
(d) Her ribbon.
8. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
(a) Plays along.
(c) Asks to drive for a while.
(d) Goes back to sleep.
9. What are the kids upset about at the first stop on their road trip?
(a) The stop is at a tiny shack.
(b) There are no vending machines.
(c) There is a drinking fountain for colored people.
(d) There are only outhouses.
10. What clue does Kenny see in Chapter 11 that they have been driving longer than planned?
(a) Byron has fuzz on his head.
(b) The sun is hotter.
(c) He needs a shower.
(d) Dad's whiskers are growing.
11. What street did the church bombing in Birmingham take place?
(a) 16th street.
(b) A street.
(c) 18th street.
(d) F street.
12. What about Grandma does Momma not approve of?
(a) Her outhouse.
(b) Her dyed hair.
(c) Her lack of church going.
(d) Her gentleman friend.
13. Who screams just after the big boom was heard?
14. Why does Grandma say to stay away from a certain part of the lake?
(a) There is a whirlpool there.
(b) A bear frequents the area.
(c) Snakes live in the nearby bog.
(d) Hobos camp out there.
15. Where is the gift from Mrs. Davidson kept?
(a) A sock drawer.
(b) On a desk.
(c) On a wall.
(d) In a chest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Byron want to go to the lake in Chapter 12?
2. Who did Dad tell about his plan to drive through the night?
3. What does the C.O.R.E. stand for?
4. Why can't Grandma's gentleman friend hunt anymore?
5. Why did Joey leave the church before the big boom?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)