|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the lake does Grandma say to stay away from?
(a) Cray's Pier.
(b) Circle Dock.
(c) Collier's Landing.
(d) Colenel's Point.
2. What is Momma mad about when she sees Dad drove straight through the entire trip?
(a) She didn't have time to freshen up.
(b) Her planning was in vain.
(c) The car is acting funny.
(d) The children are sore.
3. How does Kenny describe Grandma?
(a) Sweet and old.
(b) Tiny and frail.
(c) Large and beautiful.
(d) Wise and weathered.
4. Where does Byron sleep on the night before the road trip?
(a) Momma's room.
(b) Kenny's room.
(c) The couch.
(d) The car.
5. What once tried to drown the hunting dog?
(a) A deer.
(b) A racoon.
(c) A badger.
(d) A fox.
6. Why do the kids all go to the lake in Chapter 13?
(a) To go fishing.
(b) To fetch water.
(c) To check beaver traps.
(d) To go swimming.
7. What do Byron and Kenny trade off doing while Joey sleeps?
(a) Putting her head on their lap.
(b) Pulling their feet up to avoid hitting her.
(c) Plucking her hair.
(d) Stroking her back.
8. Who saves Kenny from the dangerous part of the lake?
(a) Mr. Robert.
(d) A stranger.
9. Who slept through the entire disaster after the big boom?
(b) Mr. Robert.
10. Why does Kenny want to go to the area of the lake that Grandma warned about?
(a) He likes snakes.
(b) He has never seen a real bear.
(c) He would like to meet a hobo.
(d) He wants adventure.
11. Who refuses to go with Kenny to the ares of the lake Grandma warned about?
12. Where did Momma write out the plan for the trip?
(a) On flash cards.
(b) On a calendar.
(c) In a recipe book.
(d) In a notebook.
13. What does Byron say he would not do during the entire trip?
14. What kind of house did Kenny think Grandma lived in?
(a) A shack.
(b) A group home.
(c) A regular house.
(d) A log house.
15. Where are Kenny and Dad when they discuss why Byron must spend some time in the South?
(a) The kitchen.
(b) The living room.
(c) The car.
(d) Kenny's room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Byron show Kenny in the bathroom in Chapter 15?
2. What does Momma do when Dad starts a silly game when she wakes up?
3. What does Momma want the family to do during their road trip?
4. How many children died in the church bombing in Birmingham?
5. What does Kenny call Joey while he is hiding at his house in Chapter 15?
This section contains 438 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)