|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the King of the 4th grade?
(a) Larry Dunn.
(b) Bryan Wilson.
(c) Robby Richards.
(d) Kenny Watson.
2. What day of the week does Dad present the biggest addition to the car?
3. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
4. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
(a) He adds fringe to them.
(b) He dyes them.
(c) He writes his name on them.
(d) He cuts them.
5. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) He is far-sighted.
(b) His left eye is blind.
(c) He is near-sighted.
(d) He has a lazy eye.
6. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) A Mexican celebrity.
(b) A deathrow inmate.
(c) A hair stylist.
(d) A crazy person.
7. Where does Momma send Byron after Momma sees his hair?
(a) The hair salon.
(c) His room.
(d) Dad's office.
8. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
(a) Mourning dove.
(c) Barn owl.
9. What is Momma's maiden name?
10. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
11. Where will Byron stay for the summer?
(a) At the juvenile center.
(b) With Uncle Brown.
(c) With Grandma Sands.
(d) Camping with Dad.
12. Why is the store owner confused when the two children ask to sign the welfare list in Chapter 6?
(a) He does not allow people to sign for items.
(b) He does not recognize them.
(c) There is no list.
(d) The Hicks are not on welfare.
13. What is Joetta's nickname?
14. What is the name of the biggest addition to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) Cruisin' Comfort.
(b) Rawling's Best.
(c) Ultra Glide.
(d) Chill Factor.
15. What does Byron throw at the bird on the phone wire?
(a) Bottle caps.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
2. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
3. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
4. What do the new boys get teased most about?
5. Why is Dad fixing up the car?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)