|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Byron get his lips stuck to the rear view mirror?
(a) He was looking at a crack in the mirror.
(b) He was doing a dare.
(c) He tried to eat the ice.
(d) He kissed his reflection.
2. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
(b) The other kids.
(c) Her teacher.
3. How does Byron feel when Kenny reads to his class?
4. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
(a) The kids usually like him.
(b) He is big for his age.
(c) Byron is his brother.
(d) He is smarter than the other kids.
5. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
(a) Kenny makes fun of his glasses.
(b) Kenny says something rude about the south.
(c) Kenny laughs at his younger brother.
(d) Kenny doesn't stop Byron from teasing him.
6. What is the name of Byron's friend in Chapter 1?
7. What state was Momma raised in?
8. What does Byron say the garbage trucks really do in the morning?
(a) Pick up frozen bodies.
(b) Look for kids without proper coats.
(c) Shovel the roads.
(d) Make the world colder.
9. What do the new boys get teased most about?
(a) They only have a few outfits.
(b) They talk funny.
(c) They have red hair.
(d) They never bring a lunch.
10. How long does the family enjoy the new addition to the car?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
11. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
(a) Mourning dove.
(d) Barn owl.
12. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) He is near-sighted.
(b) He has a lazy eye.
(c) He is far-sighted.
(d) His left eye is blind.
13. Which of the following is NOT something Dad starts fixing on his car in Chapter 8?
(b) Radio dial.
14. What does Momma say to Dad when he gets home after Byron changed his hair?
(a) "There is a surprise waiting."
(b) "We have one less son."
(c) "Our son is ashamed of us."
(d) "The delinquent did something stupid."
15. Where will Byron stay for the summer?
(a) Camping with Dad.
(b) At the juvenile center.
(c) With Grandma Sands.
(d) With Uncle Brown.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the new boy in Kenny's class move from?
2. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
3. How does Momma feel about what Byron does to his hair?
4. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
5. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)