|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Dad's sister's name?
2. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
(a) He cuts them.
(b) He writes his name on them.
(c) He dyes them.
(d) He adds fringe to them.
3. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
(a) Write a check.
(b) Use their allowance.
(c) Take the nickel jar.
(d) Sign for it.
4. What does Joey stop doing after Byron talks to her about the garbage trucks?
(b) Wearing gloves.
(c) Drinking cold water.
(d) Talking to Byron.
5. How does Kenny feel when Byron hits the bird on the phone wire?
6. What does Momma say to Dad when he gets home after Byron changed his hair?
(a) "We have one less son."
(b) "Our son is ashamed of us."
(c) "There is a surprise waiting."
(d) "The delinquent did something stupid."
7. During which season does the story begin?
8. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
(a) The other kids.
(b) Her teacher.
9. What does Kenny call his brother at the beginning of the book?
(a) A juvenile delinquent.
(b) A crook and criminal.
(c) A misunderstood boy.
(d) A prankster.
10. What big new addition does Dad make to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) A record player.
(b) Vibrators in the seats.
(c) Air conditioning.
(d) A portable radio.
11. What does Kenny like to do most?
12. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
(c) The teacher.
13. How long does the family enjoy the new addition to the car?
(a) 3 hours.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 1 hour.
(d) 4 hours.
14. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
(a) Kenny says something rude about the south.
(b) Kenny laughs at his younger brother.
(c) Kenny makes fun of his glasses.
(d) Kenny doesn't stop Byron from teasing him.
15. What does Dad call the other man who wanted to marry Momma?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
2. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
3. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
4. What is Byron pretending to shoot down in the locked bathroom?
5. Why is the store owner confused when the two children ask to sign the welfare list in Chapter 6?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)