|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
(a) His brother blackmails him.
(b) He ate some of the things that Byron got.
(c) He wanted to do the same thing.
(d) He loves his brother.
2. What does Byron do just after he sees the bird from the wire is dead?
(a) Shouts and screams.
(d) Finds a friend to show the dead bird to.
3. What is the name of the store owner?
(a) Mr. Mason.
(b) Mr. Mitchell.
(c) Mr. Maynes.
(d) Mr. Monahan.
4. What is Dad's finishing touch to fixing up his car?
(a) Seat covers.
(b) A window opener.
(c) A new horn.
(d) An air freshener.
5. How long does Byron go before playing with the dangerous item again?
(a) 1 weeks.
(b) 4 days.
(c) 2 days.
(d) 2 weeks.
6. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
(a) Reverse the permanent.
(b) Shave it.
(c) Wash it.
(d) Let it grow out.
7. Who does Momma send to the store for food in Chapter 6?
(a) Joetta and Byron.
(b) Joetta and Dad.
(c) Kenny and Joetta.
(d) Kenny and Byron.
8. What does Byron throw at the bird on the phone wire?
(d) Bottle caps.
9. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
10. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
(a) Take the nickel jar.
(b) Write a check.
(c) Sign for it.
(d) Use their allowance.
11. How does Momma feel about what Byron does to his hair?
(a) She is embarrassed by it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She is amused by it.
12. How does Byron feel about what he did to his hair?
13. Which of the following is NOT something Dad starts fixing on his car in Chapter 8?
(a) Radio dial.
14. How does Kenny feel when Byron hits the bird on the phone wire?
15. What does Byron do after getting off the bus some days?
(a) Skip school.
(b) Hang with his gang.
(c) Beat up other kids.
(d) Steal from the corner store.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
2. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
3. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
4. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
5. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
This section contains 441 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)