|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 3, what is the name of the oldest new boy?
2. What did the new boy used to eat for dinner before he moved?
3. When does Kenny get bullied the most?
(a) When his voice cracks.
(b) When Byron skips school.
(c) When he reads aloud.
(d) When his eye goes lazy.
4. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) His left eye is blind.
(b) He is near-sighted.
(c) He has a lazy eye.
(d) He is far-sighted.
5. What does Joey want to try doing in order to fix Byron's hair?
(a) Let it grow out.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Shave it.
(d) Reverse the permanent.
6. What is Byron pretending to shoot down in the locked bathroom?
(a) Kids from school.
(b) His teachers.
(c) Nazi soldiers.
(d) Gang members.
7. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
(a) He is smarter than the other kids.
(b) Byron is his brother.
(c) He is big for his age.
(d) The kids usually like him.
8. Who does Kenny first tell about his fight with the new kid?
(a) His teacher.
(c) Aunt Cydney.
9. Where did the new boy in Kenny's class move from?
10. What does Dad pretend to be while presenting the biggest addition to the car?
(a) A winner of a huge prize.
(b) An auctioneer.
(c) A confused man.
(d) A car salesman.
11. Who is the King of the 4th grade?
(a) Kenny Watson.
(b) Robby Richards.
(c) Larry Dunn.
(d) Bryan Wilson.
12. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
(a) She says if she is cold, so are they.
(b) She likes how they look.
(c) She thinks cold is deadly.
(d) She had a sister die of pneumonia.
13. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
(b) The other kids.
(d) Her teacher.
14. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) A deathrow inmate.
(b) A Mexican celebrity.
(c) A crazy person.
(d) A hair stylist.
15. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) She is very lonely.
(b) Her cooler works.
(c) She makes delicious food.
(d) Her heat works.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many pairs of gloves does Momma buy for each child every year?
2. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
3. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
4. Why does Byron say southern people get colder faster than northern people?
5. What does Byron throw at the bird on the phone wire?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)