|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dad do about Byron's hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Reverses the permanent.
(b) Shaves it.
(c) Lets it grow out.
(d) Washes it.
2. How does Momma figure out what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
(a) The toilet keeps flushing.
(b) She can smell smoke.
(c) She sees the bathroom locked.
(d) The house is too quiet.
3. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
(c) The teacher.
4. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her cooler works.
(b) She is very lonely.
(c) She makes delicious food.
(d) Her heat works.
5. Why is Kenny so grateful when Southern boys start coming to school?
(a) They can be new friends.
(b) They are nice and wealthy.
(c) They can tell him about the south.
(d) They take the attention off Kenny.
6. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
(a) She likes how they look.
(b) She had a sister die of pneumonia.
(c) She thinks cold is deadly.
(d) She says if she is cold, so are they.
7. How long does the family enjoy the new addition to the car?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 3 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 2 hours.
8. What is the name of the school Kenny attends?
(a) Lewis Remedial.
(b) Lincoln Memorial.
(c) Washington Primary.
(d) Clark Elementary.
9. What does Dad pretend to be while presenting the biggest addition to the car?
(a) A confused man.
(b) A winner of a huge prize.
(c) A car salesman.
(d) An auctioneer.
10. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
(a) Write a check.
(b) Take the nickel jar.
(c) Use their allowance.
(d) Sign for it.
11. How many pairs of gloves does Momma buy for each child every year?
12. Who stops Byron when he starts to run away?
13. What does Joey want to try doing in order to fix Byron's hair?
(a) Reverse the permanent.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Let it grow out.
(d) Shave it.
14. How is Momma kept from punishing Byron?
(a) The matches are blown out.
(b) He tells her to calm down.
(c) She screams at the top of her voice.
(d) He falls down.
15. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
(a) He cuts them.
(b) He writes his name on them.
(c) He dyes them.
(d) He adds fringe to them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Byron pretending to shoot down in the locked bathroom?
2. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
3. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
4. Why is Dad fixing up the car?
5. What do the new boys get teased most about?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)