|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Kenny call his brother at the beginning of the book?
(a) A crook and criminal.
(b) A misunderstood boy.
(c) A juvenile delinquent.
(d) A prankster.
2. What does Joey stop doing after Byron talks to her about the garbage trucks?
(a) Drinking cold water.
(b) Wearing gloves.
(d) Talking to Byron.
3. Where does the person who helps mend the friendship between Kenny and the new kid talk to the new kid?
(a) Their house.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) The bus stop.
4. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
(a) Barn owl.
(d) Mourning dove.
5. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) A crazy person.
(b) A hair stylist.
(c) A Mexican celebrity.
(d) A deathrow inmate.
6. How does Kenny feel when Byron hits the bird on the phone wire?
7. How does Kenny feel when his dad gets home after Byron changed his hair?
8. What big new addition does Dad make to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) A portable radio.
(b) Air conditioning.
(c) A record player.
(d) Vibrators in the seats.
9. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
(a) They don't like getting so hot.
(b) They like staying warm.
(c) They don't like not being able to move.
(d) They like having such nice coats.
10. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Shaves it.
(b) Straightens it.
(c) Dies it.
(d) Bleaches it.
11. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
12. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
(a) She has a key.
(b) She makes Byron open it.
(c) She knocks down the door.
(d) She uses her hair pin to open the lock.
13. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
(a) She had a sister die of pneumonia.
(b) She likes how they look.
(c) She says if she is cold, so are they.
(d) She thinks cold is deadly.
14. What does Kenny like to do most?
15. Why is the store owner confused when the two children ask to sign the welfare list in Chapter 6?
(a) He does not allow people to sign for items.
(b) He does not recognize them.
(c) There is no list.
(d) The Hicks are not on welfare.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kenny see what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
2. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
3. What is the name of the store owner?
4. What does Byron throw at the bird on the phone wire?
5. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)