|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who steals Kenny's gloves?
2. Where will Byron stay for the summer?
(a) At the juvenile center.
(b) With Grandma Sands.
(c) With Uncle Brown.
(d) Camping with Dad.
3. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
4. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Dies it.
(b) Shaves it.
(c) Straightens it.
(d) Bleaches it.
5. How does Kenny see what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
(a) He hides in the linen closet.
(b) He peeks under the door.
(c) He hides in the shower.
(d) He looks through the keyhole.
6. What is the name of the school Kenny attends?
(a) Clark Elementary.
(b) Lewis Remedial.
(c) Lincoln Memorial.
(d) Washington Primary.
7. How does Momma figure out what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
(a) The house is too quiet.
(b) The toilet keeps flushing.
(c) She sees the bathroom locked.
(d) She can smell smoke.
8. What is Byron's nickname?
9. Where does Momma send Byron after Momma sees his hair?
(a) His room.
(b) The hair salon.
(c) Dad's office.
10. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
(d) The teacher.
11. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
(a) Barn owl.
(d) Mourning dove.
12. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
(a) She says if she is cold, so are they.
(b) She likes how they look.
(c) She had a sister die of pneumonia.
(d) She thinks cold is deadly.
13. What did the new boy used to eat for dinner before he moved?
14. How many pairs of gloves does Momma buy for each child every year?
15. What does Dad call the other man who wanted to marry Momma?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Kenny feel when his dad gets home after Byron changed his hair?
2. How does Kenny feel when he sees the person who stole his gloves getting punished?
3. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
4. During which season does the story begin?
5. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)