|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Kenny so grateful when Southern boys start coming to school?
(a) They take the attention off Kenny.
(b) They can tell him about the south.
(c) They can be new friends.
(d) They are nice and wealthy.
2. What does Kenny like to do most?
3. Who does Kenny give one of his extra pairs of gloves to?
(a) A homeless man.
(c) A garbage man.
4. What is the name of the biggest addition to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) Chill Factor.
(b) Rawling's Best.
(c) Ultra Glide.
(d) Cruisin' Comfort.
5. Where will Byron stay for the summer?
(a) With Uncle Brown.
(b) At the juvenile center.
(c) Camping with Dad.
(d) With Grandma Sands.
6. How is Momma kept from punishing Byron?
(a) She screams at the top of her voice.
(b) He tells her to calm down.
(c) He falls down.
(d) The matches are blown out.
7. How long does Byron go before playing with the dangerous item again?
(a) 4 days.
(b) 2 days.
(c) 2 weeks.
(d) 1 weeks.
8. What is Joetta's nickname?
9. What does Byron do after getting off the bus some days?
(a) Skip school.
(b) Steal from the corner store.
(c) Hang with his gang.
(d) Beat up other kids.
10. What does Momma try first in an effort to get Byron's lips off the mirror?
(a) Pulls him off forcefully.
(b) Tries a blow dryer.
(c) Uses a chisel.
(d) Pours warm water over it.
11. Why is the store owner confused when the two children ask to sign the welfare list in Chapter 6?
(a) He does not allow people to sign for items.
(b) He does not recognize them.
(c) The Hicks are not on welfare.
(d) There is no list.
12. What does Byron do just after he sees the bird from the wire is dead?
(c) Shouts and screams.
(d) Finds a friend to show the dead bird to.
13. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
14. What big new addition does Dad make to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) Vibrators in the seats.
(b) Air conditioning.
(c) A portable radio.
(d) A record player.
15. What does Joey stop doing after Byron talks to her about the garbage trucks?
(a) Wearing gloves.
(b) Talking to Byron.
(d) Drinking cold water.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Byron say the garbage trucks really do in the morning?
2. How does Byron feel when Kenny reads to his class?
3. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
4. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
5. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)