Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) He has a lazy eye.
(b) His left eye is blind.
(c) He is near-sighted.
(d) He is far-sighted.
2. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
3. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
4. Why won't Kenny tattle on Byron for getting things from the store without permission?
(a) He loves his brother.
(b) He wanted to do the same thing.
(c) He ate some of the things that Byron got.
(d) His brother blackmails him.
5. During which season does the story begin?
6. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
(a) They were saving their allowance for something else.
(b) They worry the owner will not believe them.
(c) They think it means they are on welfare.
(d) They hate counting out all the money.
7. When does Kenny get bullied the most?
(a) When his eye goes lazy.
(b) When Byron skips school.
(c) When his voice cracks.
(d) When he reads aloud.
8. What did Kenny find on the ground at school one day?
(a) A ripped up book.
(b) A silver button.
(c) A driver's license.
(d) A dollar.
9. What does Momma threaten to do if Byron is caught playing with the dangerous item again?
(a) Burn him.
(b) Cut him.
(c) Turn off the power.
(d) Ground him.
10. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) A Mexican celebrity.
(b) A crazy person.
(c) A hair stylist.
(d) A deathrow inmate.
11. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Straightens it.
(b) Shaves it.
(c) Bleaches it.
(d) Dies it.
12. Who stops Byron when he starts to run away?
13. How does the person who steals Kenny's gloves try to hide the fact that they are stolen?
(a) He dyes them.
(b) He writes his name on them.
(c) He adds fringe to them.
(d) He cuts them.
14. How does Momma feel about what Byron does to his hair?
(a) She loves it.
(b) She hates it.
(c) She is embarrassed by it.
(d) She is amused by it.
15. What part of Byron does Momma use to pull him out of the bathroom?
(a) His ear.
(b) His nose.
(c) His arm.
(d) His neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Dad fixing up the car?
2. How does Byron feel when Kenny reads to his class?
3. How does Kenny see what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
4. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
5. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)