|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
(a) Use their allowance.
(b) Take the nickel jar.
(c) Write a check.
(d) Sign for it.
2. What is Dad's finishing touch to fixing up his car?
(a) A new horn.
(b) Seat covers.
(c) A window opener.
(d) An air freshener.
3. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
(b) Her teacher.
(d) The other kids.
4. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
(a) Hide in his room.
(b) Pretend to cry.
(c) Write an apology letter.
(d) Run away.
5. How does Momma figure out what Byron is doing in the locked bathroom?
(a) The house is too quiet.
(b) The toilet keeps flushing.
(c) She sees the bathroom locked.
(d) She can smell smoke.
6. Which of the following is NOT something Dad starts fixing on his car in Chapter 8?
(c) Radio dial.
7. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
(a) Reverse the permanent.
(b) Shave it.
(c) Let it grow out.
(d) Wash it.
8. What grade is Kenny in?
9. What does Byron do after getting off the bus some days?
(a) Steal from the corner store.
(b) Skip school.
(c) Hang with his gang.
(d) Beat up other kids.
10. What is the name of Byron's friend in Chapter 1?
11. What does Kenny like to do most?
12. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
(c) Mourning dove.
(d) Barn owl.
13. How does Kenny feel when he sees the person who stole his gloves getting punished?
14. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
(a) He is smarter than the other kids.
(b) The kids usually like him.
(c) He is big for his age.
(d) Byron is his brother.
15. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
(a) They don't like getting so hot.
(b) They like having such nice coats.
(c) They don't like not being able to move.
(d) They like staying warm.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
2. Why is the store owner confused when the two children ask to sign the welfare list in Chapter 6?
3. How does Kenny feel when his dad gets home after Byron changed his hair?
4. What part of Byron does Momma use to pull him out of the bathroom?
5. What big new addition does Dad make to the car in Chapter 8?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)