|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dad do about Byron's hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Shaves it.
(b) Washes it.
(c) Lets it grow out.
(d) Reverses the permanent.
2. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
(a) She says if she is cold, so are they.
(b) She likes how they look.
(c) She had a sister die of pneumonia.
(d) She thinks cold is deadly.
3. Who steals Kenny's gloves?
4. Who does not allow Momma to punish Byron?
5. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
(a) Sign for it.
(b) Write a check.
(c) Use their allowance.
(d) Take the nickel jar.
6. What did Kenny find on the ground at school one day?
(a) A dollar.
(b) A driver's license.
(c) A ripped up book.
(d) A silver button.
7. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
8. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
(a) They don't like not being able to move.
(b) They don't like getting so hot.
(c) They like staying warm.
(d) They like having such nice coats.
9. What day of the week does Dad present the biggest addition to the car?
10. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
(a) Pretend to cry.
(b) Write an apology letter.
(c) Run away.
(d) Hide in his room.
11. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
(a) Kenny says something rude about the south.
(b) Kenny doesn't stop Byron from teasing him.
(c) Kenny makes fun of his glasses.
(d) Kenny laughs at his younger brother.
12. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Straightens it.
(b) Shaves it.
(c) Bleaches it.
(d) Dies it.
13. Where did the new boy in Kenny's class move from?
14. Who does Momma send to the store for food in Chapter 6?
(a) Joetta and Byron.
(b) Kenny and Joetta.
(c) Joetta and Dad.
(d) Kenny and Byron.
15. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) His left eye is blind.
(b) He has a lazy eye.
(c) He is near-sighted.
(d) He is far-sighted.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dad call the other man who wanted to marry Momma?
2. What does Momma threaten to do if Byron is caught playing with the dangerous item again?
3. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
4. What is the name of the store owner?
5. What does Byron throw at the bird on the phone wire?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)