|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Kenny get bullied the most?
(a) When Byron skips school.
(b) When his eye goes lazy.
(c) When his voice cracks.
(d) When he reads aloud.
2. How long does the family enjoy the new addition to the car?
(a) 1 hour.
(b) 2 hours.
(c) 4 hours.
(d) 3 hours.
3. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
4. Why is Kenny so grateful when Southern boys start coming to school?
(a) They are nice and wealthy.
(b) They can tell him about the south.
(c) They can be new friends.
(d) They take the attention off Kenny.
5. What does Kenny like to watch his dad do in the mornings?
(a) Do his hair.
(c) Make coffee.
(d) Read the paper.
6. How does Kenny feel when Byron hits the bird on the phone wire?
7. What is the name of Byron's friend in Chapter 1?
8. Who does Kenny first tell about his fight with the new kid?
(c) His teacher.
(d) Aunt Cydney.
9. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Larry Dunn.
(b) Robby Richards.
(c) Bryan Wilson.
(d) Byron Watson.
10. What does Kenny like to do most?
11. How is Momma kept from punishing Byron?
(a) He tells her to calm down.
(b) He falls down.
(c) The matches are blown out.
(d) She screams at the top of her voice.
12. What is the new kid's brother's name?
13. How does Kenny feel when his dad gets home after Byron changed his hair?
14. How does Momma say to pay for the food at the store in Chapter 6?
(a) Use their allowance.
(b) Write a check.
(c) Take the nickel jar.
(d) Sign for it.
15. What does Joey want to try doing in order to fix Byron's hair?
(a) Let it grow out.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Shave it.
(d) Reverse the permanent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What part of Byron does Momma use to pull him out of the bathroom?
2. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
3. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
4. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
5. What is Byron pretending to shoot down in the locked bathroom?
This section contains 417 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)