|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of Byron does Momma use to pull him out of the bathroom?
(a) His ear.
(b) His neck.
(c) His nose.
(d) His arm.
2. Where did the new boy in Kenny's class move from?
3. Where does the person who helps mend the friendship between Kenny and the new kid talk to the new kid?
(a) The bus stop.
(b) The cafeteria.
(c) The grocery store.
(d) Their house.
4. Why is Kenny so grateful when Southern boys start coming to school?
(a) They can be new friends.
(b) They are nice and wealthy.
(c) They can tell him about the south.
(d) They take the attention off Kenny.
5. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
(a) Kenny laughs at his younger brother.
(b) Kenny makes fun of his glasses.
(c) Kenny doesn't stop Byron from teasing him.
(d) Kenny says something rude about the south.
6. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) A crazy person.
(b) A Mexican celebrity.
(c) A deathrow inmate.
(d) A hair stylist.
7. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
(a) Barn owl.
(d) Mourning dove.
8. What does Joey stop doing after Byron talks to her about the garbage trucks?
(b) Wearing gloves.
(c) Talking to Byron.
(d) Drinking cold water.
9. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her cooler works.
(b) Her heat works.
(c) She makes delicious food.
(d) She is very lonely.
10. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
(a) They don't like not being able to move.
(b) They don't like getting so hot.
(c) They like having such nice coats.
(d) They like staying warm.
11. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Robby Richards.
(b) Larry Dunn.
(c) Byron Watson.
(d) Bryan Wilson.
12. What is Dad's finishing touch to fixing up his car?
(a) An air freshener.
(b) A window opener.
(c) A new horn.
(d) Seat covers.
13. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
(a) She says if she is cold, so are they.
(b) She thinks cold is deadly.
(c) She had a sister die of pneumonia.
(d) She likes how they look.
14. What does Byron do to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Bleaches it.
(b) Straightens it.
(c) Shaves it.
(d) Dies it.
15. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
(b) The other kids.
(c) Her teacher.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Kenny like to watch his dad do in the mornings?
2. What does Kenny call his brother at the beginning of the book?
3. Why is the method Momma suggests for buying food in Chapter 6 so embarrassing at first?
4. Why does Byron say southern people get colder faster than northern people?
5. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)