|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
(a) Reverse the permanent.
(b) Wash it.
(c) Let it grow out.
(d) Shave it.
2. What is the name of the store owner?
(a) Mr. Mason.
(b) Mr. Monahan.
(c) Mr. Mitchell.
(d) Mr. Maynes.
3. What is the name of the biggest addition to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) Cruisin' Comfort.
(b) Rawling's Best.
(c) Ultra Glide.
(d) Chill Factor.
4. What does Momma say to Dad when he gets home after Byron changed his hair?
(a) "Our son is ashamed of us."
(b) "There is a surprise waiting."
(c) "The delinquent did something stupid."
(d) "We have one less son."
5. Who helps Kenny make friends with the new kid again?
6. Why does Byron say southern people get colder faster than northern people?
(a) Their hair is not as thick.
(b) Their skin is lighter.
(c) Their blood is thinner.
(d) Their hearts beat slower.
7. Why is Kenny so grateful when Southern boys start coming to school?
(a) They take the attention off Kenny.
(b) They can be new friends.
(c) They are nice and wealthy.
(d) They can tell him about the south.
8. What is wrong with Kenny's eyes?
(a) He is far-sighted.
(b) He is near-sighted.
(c) He has a lazy eye.
(d) His left eye is blind.
9. What does Dad pretend to be while presenting the biggest addition to the car?
(a) A confused man.
(b) A winner of a huge prize.
(c) A car salesman.
(d) An auctioneer.
10. Who gets Kenny's gloves back after they are stolen?
(a) The teacher.
11. What is the nickname for Dad's car?
(a) Red Ruby.
(b) Green Gasser.
(c) Brown Bomber.
(d) Black Brick.
12. Why does Dad want to go to his sister's house at the beginning of the book?
(a) Her heat works.
(b) Her cooler works.
(c) She makes delicious food.
(d) She is very lonely.
13. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
(a) She makes Byron open it.
(b) She uses her hair pin to open the lock.
(c) She knocks down the door.
(d) She has a key.
14. What does Byron say the garbage trucks really do in the morning?
(a) Make the world colder.
(b) Pick up frozen bodies.
(c) Look for kids without proper coats.
(d) Shovel the roads.
15. Why does the new kid stop eating lunch with Kenny for a while?
(a) Kenny makes fun of his glasses.
(b) Kenny says something rude about the south.
(c) Kenny doesn't stop Byron from teasing him.
(d) Kenny laughs at his younger brother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Byron later buy at the store using Momma's method?
2. What is Momma's maiden name?
3. How long does the family enjoy the new addition to the car?
4. What does Momma threaten to do if Byron is caught playing with the dangerous item again?
5. Who was Kenny's only friend before the new kid moved in?
This section contains 465 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)