|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has to help Joetta out of her snow things at school?
(b) The other kids.
(d) Her teacher.
2. What is Joetta's nickname?
3. Who steals Kenny's gloves?
4. What kind of bird does Byron see on a phone wire?
(a) Mourning dove.
(d) Barn owl.
5. Where did the new boy in Kenny's class move from?
6. What does Kenny pretend Byron is after he sees what he did to his hair in Chapter 7?
(a) A deathrow inmate.
(b) A Mexican celebrity.
(c) A crazy person.
(d) A hair stylist.
7. What does Joey stop doing after Byron talks to her about the garbage trucks?
(a) Talking to Byron.
(b) Drinking cold water.
(c) Wearing gloves.
8. Why is Kenny so grateful when Southern boys start coming to school?
(a) They take the attention off Kenny.
(b) They are nice and wealthy.
(c) They can tell him about the south.
(d) They can be new friends.
9. Where does the person who helps mend the friendship between Kenny and the new kid talk to the new kid?
(a) The bus stop.
(b) The grocery store.
(c) Their house.
(d) The cafeteria.
10. What is the name of Byron's friend in Chapter 1?
11. What does Dad pretend to be while presenting the biggest addition to the car?
(a) A car salesman.
(b) An auctioneer.
(c) A confused man.
(d) A winner of a huge prize.
12. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
13. What is Byron's nickname?
14. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
(a) He is big for his age.
(b) The kids usually like him.
(c) Byron is his brother.
(d) He is smarter than the other kids.
15. How does Kenny feel when his dad gets home after Byron changed his hair?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Byron do just after he sees the bird from the wire is dead?
2. What do the new boys get teased most about?
3. Who does Kenny first tell about his fight with the new kid?
4. What dangerous item does Byron keep getting caught playing with?
5. Who is the King of the 4th grade?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)