|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Momma bundle her kids up so much in the winter?
(a) She thinks cold is deadly.
(b) She says if she is cold, so are they.
(c) She had a sister die of pneumonia.
(d) She likes how they look.
2. What does Kenny suggest Byron should do before Momma can punish him?
(a) Write an apology letter.
(b) Hide in his room.
(c) Pretend to cry.
(d) Run away.
3. Where do the Watsons live at the beginning of the book?
4. How does Byron get his lips stuck to the rear view mirror?
(a) He kissed his reflection.
(b) He was looking at a crack in the mirror.
(c) He was doing a dare.
(d) He tried to eat the ice.
5. Why is Dad fixing up the car?
(a) Their family is moving.
(b) Dad got a new job.
(c) They are selling the car.
(d) They are taking a trip to Alabama.
6. What style of hair does Byron say he wanted?
7. What is the name of the biggest addition to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) Chill Factor.
(b) Cruisin' Comfort.
(c) Rawling's Best.
(d) Ultra Glide.
8. What does Dad do about Byron's hair in Chapter 7?
(a) Shaves it.
(b) Lets it grow out.
(c) Washes it.
(d) Reverses the permanent.
9. Why does Kenny not get bullied as much as other kids like him?
(a) The kids usually like him.
(b) Byron is his brother.
(c) He is smarter than the other kids.
(d) He is big for his age.
10. What big new addition does Dad make to the car in Chapter 8?
(a) A portable radio.
(b) Vibrators in the seats.
(c) Air conditioning.
(d) A record player.
11. Who is the King of the school, according to Chapter 2?
(a) Bryan Wilson.
(b) Larry Dunn.
(c) Robby Richards.
(d) Byron Watson.
12. What is the name of the store owner?
(a) Mr. Mason.
(b) Mr. Maynes.
(c) Mr. Monahan.
(d) Mr. Mitchell.
13. How does Kenny feel when his dad gets home after Byron changed his hair?
14. During which season does the story begin?
15. How does Kenny feel when he has to sit next to the new boy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the nickname for Dad's car?
2. What is the only way to reverse what Byron did to his hair?
3. How do the kids feel about getting so bundled up in the winter?
4. What is Kenny's favorite morning smell?
5. How does Momma get into the locked bathroom?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)