|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
2. What does Claire feel that James is now?
3. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
4. What news does James give Claire?
5. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Claire's life. Will Adam still be such a powerful presence in her life? What kind of child is Kate? What role does James play in Claire and Kate's lives? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Claire. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Claire?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)