Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
2. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
3. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
4. Who is James' business partner?
5. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
Essay Topic 1
Loss is an important theme in WATERMELON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Keyes is a master at dramatic devices. Choose an example of symbolism, metaphors, and irony, briefly describe them and identify the technique which they embody.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of James. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about James?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)