|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Adam's girlfriend letting him have their daughter for a year?
2. What does James say he will do to get Claire back?
3. Why does Claire want to see Adam before she returns to London?
4. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
5. Where will Claire and Kate live after the divorce?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James undermine Claire's decision to return to him?
2. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
3. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
4. Why does Claire not feel happy about going back to James?
5. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
6. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
7. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
8. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
9. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
10. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of James. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about James?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Claire. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Claire?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Adam. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Adam?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)