|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
2. Where will Adam and his daughter be living?
3. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
4. Why is Adam's girlfriend letting him have their daughter for a year?
5. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
Essay Topic 1
Both Claire and Laura enter into relationships with men who are younger than they are. What was the initial attraction for both couples? What are some of the benefits they experience in their relationships? What are some of the drawbacks? Why are these types of relationships more acceptable today than they were 20 or 30 years ago? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Adam. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Adam?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)