|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
2. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
3. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
4. Who is James' business partner?
5. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Keyes choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Explain the role of women in Ireland in the 1990s when the women in the novel are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)