Final Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
2. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
3. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
4. Who is James' business partner?
5. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
WATERMELON is a classic story of loss and renewal. What does that classification entail? Why does this novel fit into this category? Explain.
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Keyes choose to use these places in the novel?
Betrayal seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of betrayal? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Claire's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)