|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire want to see Adam before she returns to London?
2. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
3. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
4. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
5. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
2. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
3. How does James undermine Claire's decision to return to him?
4. What news does James reveal to Claire at the restaurant?
5. How does Claire bewilder James in their meeting at her parents' home?
6. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
7. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
8. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
9. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
10. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Create a character study of Adam. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Adam?
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters that either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of Claire. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Claire?
This section contains 1,132 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)