Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
2. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
3. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
4. Who is James' business partner?
5. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
Essay Topic 1
Loss is an important theme in WATERMELON. Can you cite an example to support this theme? Name two other themes and cite examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters that either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Explain the role of women in Ireland in the 1990s when the women in the novel are living their lives. What precedents do they feel compelled to follow? What restrictions do they have? What freedoms did they have that 21st century women do not have?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)