|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
2. Who is Adam's former girlfriend?
3. What time does Claire return to her parents house after being with Adam?
4. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
5. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Project into the future ten years after the end of the novel and write a brief synopsis for Claire's life. Will Adam still be such a powerful presence in her life? What kind of child is Kate? What role does James play in Claire and Kate's lives? Explain.
Essay Topic 2
The frustration of unfulfilled affection touches several characters in the story. Name at least two characters who experience unfulfilled love and the situations that occur as a result.
Essay Topic 3
The author uses more than one iteration on the theme of disappointment. Identify at least two characters that either embody or experience disappointment then cite an example to support your answers.
This section contains 858 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)