|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
2. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
3. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
4. What does Claire ask for regarding Kate?
5. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
Essay Topic 1
Betrayal seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of betrayal? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Claire's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Claire. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Claire?
Essay Topic 3
Explain the ongoing conflict between Claire and James. What are the main sources of the conflicts? Why does it perpetuate? What does Claire learn about the reality of her life with James as opposed to the perceptions she has held for so long?
This section contains 877 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)