Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what has Adam come home to help Helen?
2. How old is Claire?
3. What missing items is Helen looking for before going on a college trip?
4. In addition to Claire, who else is attracted to Adam?
5. What good habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
2. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
3. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
4. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
5. What is an important theme in the first section of the book?
6. Why is Claire hesitant to call James?
7. Describe Claire's feelings of humiliation and jealousy.
8. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
9. What is The Great Terror?
10. How does Claire find out about Adam's intentions toward Helen?
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
The author uses several instances of foreshadowing in the story. Explain what foreshadowing is and cite at least two examples making sure to explain what makes each an instance of foreshadowing.
Betrayal seems to be almost an unnamed character in the book. How pervasive is the sense of betrayal? Why does it have such a prevalent place in Claire's life? Explain how an inanimate object or characteristic can be a character.
This section contains 279 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)