|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claire run into while out with the person in #62?
2. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
3. What does Claire do when a romantic story comes on television?
4. What does Claire learn are Adam's intentions with Helen?
5. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
2. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
3. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
4. How does the author show that Claire is conflicted about whether or not she should spend time with Adam?
5. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
6. What is especially gratifying to Claire about the dinner she shops for and prepares for her family?
7. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
8. What is The Great Terror?
9. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
10. Why is Claire hesitant to call James?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The author uses more than one instance of irony in the book. Cite at least two other examples you can identify in the play and note why they are examples of irony.
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Claire. What are her physical characteristics? What are her motivations? What are her fears? What are her dreams? What else can you say about Claire?
Essay Topic 3
What is the significance of the book's title? What are some other possible titles for the book? List at least five and cite your reasons for each.
This section contains 1,095 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)