|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Claire, Helen and Anna eat while talking in Helen's room?
2. How old is Denise?
3. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
4. Who does Claire run into while out with the person in #62?
5. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire meet Adam?
2. How does the author show that Claire is conflicted about whether or not she should spend time with Adam?
3. How does Claire begin to come out of The Great Terror period in her life?
4. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
5. What is an important theme in the first section of the book?
6. What is The Great Terror?
7. What advice does Claire get from Laura about dating a younger man?
8. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
9. Describe Claire's feelings of humiliation and jealousy.
10. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the overall setting for the novel? Be sure to include geography, time period and any pertinent popular culture events. Why did Keyes choose to use these places in the novel?
Essay Topic 2
Create a character study of Adam. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about Adam?
Essay Topic 3
Create a character study of James. What are his physical characteristics? What are his motivations? What are his fears? What are his dreams? What else can you say about James?
This section contains 1,001 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)