|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire learn from her meeting with James in London?
(a) He has a new job.
(b) He is still seeing Denise.
(c) He will never take responsibility for his affair.
(d) He never really loved Claire.
2. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
(a) A rabbit's foot.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A crystal.
3. What time has James promised to call Claire?
(a) 2 p.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
4. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She wants him to sign the divorce papers.
(c) She owes it to Kate.
(d) She still loves him.
5. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
2. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
3. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
4. Why is the person in #110 upset?
5. What does James say that Claire always demanded in their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire bewilder James in their meeting at her parents' home?
2. What news does James reveal to Claire at the restaurant?
3. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
4. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
5. Why does Claire not feel happy about going back to James?
6. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
7. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
8. How does James undermine Claire's decision to return to him?
9. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
10. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)