|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
2. What advice does Claire's mother give her regarding her marriage?
(a) Forgiveness is paramount.
(b) Forgive but never forget.
(c) James will always cheat.
(d) Give yourself some time.
3. Why does Claire want to see Adam before she returns to London?
(a) To have sex one more time.
(b) To give him her London address.
(c) To thank him for being nice and making her feel beautiful.
(d) To ask him if he loves her or not.
4. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
5. What shocking thing does Claire tell James?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) She is marrying Adam.
(c) The marriage is over.
(d) She had an abortion.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
2. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
3. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
4. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
5. Who is Adam's former girlfriend?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
2. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
3. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
4. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
5. What news does James reveal to Claire at the restaurant?
6. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
7. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
8. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
9. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
10. What does James declare to Claire when he returns to her parents' home?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)