|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James did not say he loves Kate.
(b) James was verbally abusive.
(c) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(d) James no longer loves her.
2. What news does James give Claire?
(a) He is no longer seeing Denise.
(b) He has closed their checking account.
(c) He has been transferred.
(d) He has filed for divorce.
3. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
(a) Claire is out with her husband.
(b) Claire is out shopping.
(c) Claire is in bed with a migraine.
(d) Claire is asleep.
4. What advice does Claire's mother give her regarding her marriage?
(a) Give yourself some time.
(b) Forgive but never forget.
(c) James will always cheat.
(d) Forgiveness is paramount.
5. Where will Claire and Kate live after the divorce?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say that Claire always demanded in their marriage?
2. Why is the person in #110 upset?
3. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
4. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
5. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
Short Essay Questions
1. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
2. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
3. How does James undermine Claire's decision to return to him?
4. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
5. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
6. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
7. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
8. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
9. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
10. Describe the scenario when Claire confronts James and ends their marriage.
This section contains 1,190 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)