|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire feel about her new life?
(a) She resents it.
(b) She embraces it.
(c) She is terrified of it.
(d) She hates it.
2. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
(c) Divorce documentation.
(d) Her mail.
3. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She owes it to Kate.
(c) She still loves him.
(d) She wants him to sign the divorce papers.
4. For what reason would Claire consider reconciliation with James?
(b) Business tie.
5. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
(a) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
2. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
3. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
4. Where will Claire and Kate live after the divorce?
5. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
2. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
3. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
4. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
5. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
6. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
7. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
8. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
9. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
10. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
This section contains 1,035 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)