|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
2. What does James say he will do to get Claire back?
(a) Cut his hair.
(c) Buy her a diamond ring.
(d) Lose weight.
3. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
(a) A crystal.
(b) A rabbit's foot.
(c) A medallion.
(d) A new dress.
4. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) Where the deed to the flat is.
(b) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
(c) What day she will be returning.
(d) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
5. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To study.
(b) To listen to music.
(c) To watch TV.
(d) To make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
2. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
3. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
4. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
5. What time does Claire return to her parents house after being with Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
2. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
3. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
4. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
5. How does Claire bewilder James in their meeting at her parents' home?
6. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
7. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
8. What will guide Claire's ultimate choice in a man?
9. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
10. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)