|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who tells Adam that Claire is going back to James?
(b) Claire's mother.
2. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) An inheritance check for Claire.
(b) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(c) Christening papers for Kate.
(d) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
3. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
(a) She doesn't think he would be a good father.
(b) She doesn't love him anymore.
(c) She is in love with someone else.
(d) She likes the single life.
4. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
5. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
(a) Claire is in bed with a migraine.
(b) Claire is out with her husband.
(c) Claire is out shopping.
(d) Claire is asleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
2. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
3. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
4. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
5. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
2. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
3. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
4. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
5. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
6. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
7. What news does James reveal to Claire at the restaurant?
8. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
9. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
10. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)