|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
2. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
3. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
(a) If they would have more children.
(b) If she could lean on him.
(c) If he would cheat again.
(d) If he would be tender with her.
4. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She is sullen.
(b) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
(c) She is ecstatic.
(d) She is torn about how she feels.
5. What news does James give Claire?
(a) He has filed for divorce.
(b) He has been transferred.
(c) He is no longer seeing Denise.
(d) He has closed their checking account.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
2. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
3. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
4. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
5. What does James say he will do to get Claire back?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
2. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
3. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
4. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
5. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
6. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
7. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
8. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
9. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
10. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)