|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) A pub.
(b) The park.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Claire's parents' house.
2. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
(c) Her mother.
3. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
4. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
(a) To get her portrait painted.
(b) So James will love her.
(c) To have her picture taken.
(d) To go out to dinner.
5. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) What day she will be returning.
(b) Where the deed to the flat is.
(c) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
(d) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason would Claire consider reconciliation with James?
2. Who bet Helen that Helen would not get involved with Adam?
3. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
4. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
5. What does James tell Claire about their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
2. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
3. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
4. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
5. Describe the scenario when Claire confronts James and ends their marriage.
6. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
7. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
8. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
9. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
10. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
This section contains 1,141 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)