|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adam feel when he learns that Claire is going back to James?
(a) He is happy for her.
(b) He is bitter.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He is undecided.
2. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
3. Where will Claire and Kate live after the divorce?
4. Who bet Helen that Helen would not get involved with Adam?
(a) Marie Sanderson.
(b) Melissa Saint.
(c) Bridget Malloy.
(d) Rita Shannon.
5. Who calls the house looking for Claire?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James tell Claire about their relationship?
2. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
3. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
4. For what reason would Claire consider reconciliation with James?
5. What does Helen do when she seed Claire and Adam about to kiss?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
2. What will guide Claire's ultimate choice in a man?
3. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
4. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
5. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
6. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
7. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
8. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
9. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
10. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
This section contains 1,090 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)