|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
2. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
3. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
(a) If Claire gets a better job.
(b) If Claire won't get pregnant again.
(c) If Claire changes her behavior.
(d) If Claire has more sex with him.
4. Why does Claire want to see Adam before she returns to London?
(a) To have sex one more time.
(b) To thank him for being nice and making her feel beautiful.
(c) To give him her London address.
(d) To ask him if he loves her or not.
5. Why do Claire's mother and sisters fuss over her?
(a) They don't want her to meet James.
(b) They want to get her ready to meet with James.
(c) They have nothing else to do.
(d) They know she can use some emotional support.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
2. What does Claire ask for regarding Kate?
3. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
4. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
5. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
2. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
3. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
4. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
5. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
6. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
7. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
8. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
9. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
10. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
This section contains 1,019 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)