|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
(a) It's the right thing for everybody.
(b) It's best for Kate.
(c) She'll adapt.
(d) She's crazy.
2. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
3. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
4. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
(a) Adam has reunited with an old girlfriend.
(b) Adam is in love with Claire.
(c) Adam has been killed in a car accident.
(d) Adam has proposed to Helen.
5. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) Crying herself to sleep.
(b) She doesn't sleep at all.
(c) By getting drunk.
(d) Holding Kate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
2. What does Claire learn from her meeting with James in London?
3. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
4. Who does James essentially blame for his affair with Denise?
5. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
2. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
3. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
4. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
5. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
6. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
7. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
8. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
9. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
10. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)