|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
2. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
(a) If they would have more children.
(b) If he would be tender with her.
(c) If he would cheat again.
(d) If she could lean on him.
3. Why does James call Claire later that day?
(a) To tell her the divorce is finalized.
(b) To ask her to meet him for supper.
(c) To ask for a reconciliation.
(d) To ask for custody of Kate.
4. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
5. According to James, why did he leave Claire in the first place?
(a) Her selfishness.
(b) Her overspending.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her infidelity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen wish regarding Claire and Adam's relationship?
2. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
3. How does Claire feel about her new life?
4. Why is Adam's girlfriend letting him have their daughter for a year?
5. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
2. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
3. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
4. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
5. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
6. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
7. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
8. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
9. Why does Claire not feel happy about going back to James?
10. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
This section contains 950 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)