|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James ask Claire when he calls?
(a) If he can see her.
(b) If she will talk to Denise.
(c) If he can see the baby.
(d) If she'll sign the divorce papers.
2. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) A pub.
(b) A cafe.
(c) The park.
(d) Claire's parents' house.
3. How does Adam feel when he learns that Claire is going back to James?
(a) He is unhappy.
(b) He is undecided.
(c) He is happy for her.
(d) He is bitter.
4. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She is sullen.
(b) She is torn about how she feels.
(c) She is ecstatic.
(d) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
5. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire feel that James is now?
2. Who bet Helen that Helen would not get involved with Adam?
3. What advice does Claire's mother give her regarding her marriage?
4. What does James say that Claire always demanded in their marriage?
5. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
2. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
3. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
4. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
5. How does James undermine Claire's decision to return to him?
6. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
7. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
8. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
9. Describe the scenario when Claire confronts James and ends their marriage.
10. Why does Claire not feel happy about going back to James?
This section contains 1,211 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)