|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She is sullen.
(b) She is ecstatic.
(c) She is torn about how she feels.
(d) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
2. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
3. Who bet Helen that Helen would not get involved with Adam?
(a) Rita Shannon.
(b) Marie Sanderson.
(c) Bridget Malloy.
(d) Melissa Saint.
4. Who calls the house looking for Claire?
5. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) Where the deed to the flat is.
(b) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
(c) What day she will be returning.
(d) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James tell Claire about their relationship?
2. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
3. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
4. Who is Adam's former girlfriend?
5. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
2. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
3. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
4. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
5. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
6. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
7. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
8. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
9. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
10. How does James undermine Claire's decision to return to him?
This section contains 1,119 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)