|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
(b) Her mother.
2. Who does James essentially blame for his affair with Denise?
(a) His mother.
3. Where will Adam and his daughter be living?
4. How does Adam feel when he learns that Claire is going back to James?
(a) He is unhappy.
(b) He is happy for her.
(c) He is bitter.
(d) He is undecided.
5. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
(a) She is finished with it.
(b) She will try to work it out.
(c) She can't think about it now.
(d) She needs more time to mull it over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
2. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
3. Who is Adam's former girlfriend?
4. Why does James call Claire later that day?
5. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does James reveal to Claire at the restaurant?
2. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
3. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
4. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
5. What will guide Claire's ultimate choice in a man?
6. Why does Claire not feel happy about going back to James?
7. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
8. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
9. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
10. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
This section contains 999 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)