|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) 11:30 a.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 2:00 p.m.
2. Why does James call Claire later that day?
(a) To ask for a reconciliation.
(b) To ask her to meet him for supper.
(c) To ask for custody of Kate.
(d) To tell her the divorce is finalized.
3. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
(b) An inheritance check for Claire.
(c) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(d) Christening papers for Kate.
4. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
(a) He puts her in her bed.
(b) He recoils uncomfortably.
(c) He holds her closer.
(d) He sings in her ear.
5. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
(a) Talks about the legalities of splitting up.
(b) Drinks too much.
(c) Falls asleep while he's talking.
(d) Chain smokes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where will Claire and Kate live after the divorce?
2. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
3. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
4. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
5. What does James say that Claire always demanded in their marriage?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James declare to Claire when he returns to her parents' home?
2. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
3. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
4. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
5. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
6. Describe the scenario when Claire confronts James and ends their marriage.
7. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
8. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
9. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
10. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
This section contains 1,147 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)