|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) A cafe.
(b) A pub.
(c) Claire's parents' house.
(d) The park.
2. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
(a) Tells him to leave her alone.
(b) Agrees to change.
(c) Second guesses herself.
(d) Says she can't change.
3. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
(a) 50 quid.
(b) 100 quid.
(c) 200 quid.
(d) 25 quid.
4. What time has James promised to call Claire?
(a) 8 a.m.
(c) 10 a.m.
(d) 2 p.m.
5. Who is Adam's former girlfriend?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
2. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
3. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
4. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
5. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
2. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
3. What does James declare to Claire when he returns to her parents' home?
4. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
5. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
6. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
7. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
8. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
9. What will guide Claire's ultimate choice in a man?
10. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)