|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He has no reaction.
(b) He begs her to stay with him.
(c) He offers to drive her to the airport.
(d) He says they cannot even be friends.
2. What reason does Claire give her mother for being out so late?
(a) Her car broke down.
(b) She and Laura were at a pub.
(c) She was having sex with Adam.
(d) She got lost coming back from Belfast.
3. Who calls the house looking for Claire?
4. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
5. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
(a) Adam has been killed in a car accident.
(b) Adam has proposed to Helen.
(c) Adam is in love with Claire.
(d) Adam has reunited with an old girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
2. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
3. Why is the person in #110 upset?
4. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
5. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
2. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
3. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
4. What news does James reveal to Claire at the restaurant?
5. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
6. How does Claire bewilder James in their meeting at her parents' home?
7. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
8. Describe the scenario when Claire confronts James and ends their marriage.
9. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
10. What will guide Claire's ultimate choice in a man?
This section contains 1,064 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)