|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
(a) Kate is sick.
(b) James' lawyer called.
(c) Claire's grandmother died.
(d) James is in Dublin.
2. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He says they cannot even be friends.
(b) He offers to drive her to the airport.
(c) He begs her to stay with him.
(d) He has no reaction.
3. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) 5:00 p.m.
(b) 2:00 p.m.
(c) 11:30 a.m.
4. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
5. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To study.
(b) To listen to music.
(c) To watch TV.
(d) To make love.
Short Answer Questions
1. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
2. What time has James promised to call Claire?
3. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
4. What is Adam's relationship with his former girlfriend?
5. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
2. What will guide Claire's ultimate choice in a man?
3. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
4. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
5. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
6. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
7. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
8. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
9. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
10. What does James declare to Claire when he returns to her parents' home?
This section contains 1,131 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)