|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Claire's mother and sisters fuss over her?
(a) They have nothing else to do.
(b) They don't want her to meet James.
(c) They know she can use some emotional support.
(d) They want to get her ready to meet with James.
2. Where will Claire and Kate live after the divorce?
3. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) Holding Kate.
(b) Crying herself to sleep.
(c) By getting drunk.
(d) She doesn't sleep at all.
4. What does James' business partner tell Claire about James' emotional state while Claire was gone?
(a) He was ecstatic.
(b) He was carefree.
(c) He was destroyed.
(d) He was content.
5. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She is ecstatic.
(b) She is sullen.
(c) She is torn about how she feels.
(d) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Helen wish regarding Claire and Adam's relationship?
2. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
3. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
4. Why does James call Claire later that day?
5. What does James tell Claire about their relationship?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
2. Describe the scenario when Claire confronts James and ends their marriage.
3. What news does James reveal to Claire at the restaurant?
4. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
5. Why does Claire not feel happy about going back to James?
6. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
7. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
8. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
9. How does Claire bewilder James in their meeting at her parents' home?
10. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
This section contains 1,071 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)