|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where will Claire and Kate live after the divorce?
2. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
(a) That he would drop dead.
(b) That he would want her and Kate back.
(c) That he would give her a credit card.
(d) That he would divorce her quickly.
3. According to James' business partner, what was it about Claire that threatened James?
(a) Her vitality.
(b) Her connections.
(c) Her money.
(d) Her intelligence.
4. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To watch TV.
(b) To make love.
(c) To listen to music.
(d) To study.
5. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
(a) If he would be tender with her.
(b) If she could lean on him.
(c) If they would have more children.
(d) If he would cheat again.
Short Answer Questions
1. For what reason would Claire consider reconciliation with James?
2. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
3. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
4. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
5. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
2. What does Claire think about as she anticipates James' upcoming telephone call?
3. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
4. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
5. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
6. Why does Claire not feel happy about going back to James?
7. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
8. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
9. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
10. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
This section contains 1,120 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)