|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
(a) She has to go to work.
(b) She doesn't know enough about the situation.
(c) She doesn't approve of the situation.
(d) She is ill and can't talk.
2. What does Helen do when she seed Claire and Adam about to kiss?
(a) She shrieks.
(b) She slaps Adam.
(c) She laughs.
(d) She runs away.
3. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) Crying herself to sleep.
(b) She doesn't sleep at all.
(c) Holding Kate.
(d) By getting drunk.
4. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
(a) 100 quid.
(b) 200 quid.
(c) 25 quid.
(d) 50 quid.
5. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(b) An inheritance check for Claire.
(c) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
(d) Christening papers for Kate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
2. What does James ask Claire when he calls?
3. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
4. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
5. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
2. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
3. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
4. How does James undermine Claire's decision to return to him?
5. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
6. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
7. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
8. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
9. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
10. Describe the scenario when Claire confronts James and ends their marriage.
This section contains 1,143 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)