|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
2. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
(a) She is apprehensive.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is sad.
3. What does Claire learn from her meeting with James in London?
(a) He never really loved Claire.
(b) He is still seeing Denise.
(c) He will never take responsibility for his affair.
(d) He has a new job.
4. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(b) James was verbally abusive.
(c) James did not say he loves Kate.
(d) James no longer loves her.
5. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
(a) She doesn't love him anymore.
(b) She likes the single life.
(c) She is in love with someone else.
(d) She doesn't think he would be a good father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
2. What news does James give Claire?
3. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
4. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
5. Who does James essentially blame for his affair with Denise?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
2. What does Claire learn about James from her friend, Judy?
3. How does Claire bewilder James in their meeting at her parents' home?
4. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
5. Why does Helen break out in laughter when she sees Claire and Adam together?
6. What does James declare to Claire when he returns to her parents' home?
7. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
8. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
9. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
10. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
This section contains 1,058 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)