|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
(a) Adam is in love with Claire.
(b) Adam has proposed to Helen.
(c) Adam has reunited with an old girlfriend.
(d) Adam has been killed in a car accident.
2. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
3. Who is James' business partner?
4. What does James say that Claire always demanded in their marriage?
(a) Constant attention.
(b) New clothes.
(c) Expensive furnishings.
(d) Her own checking account.
5. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) A pub.
(b) The park.
(c) A cafe.
(d) Claire's parents' house.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Adam's relationship with his former girlfriend?
2. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
3. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
4. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
5. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
2. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
3. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
4. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
5. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
6. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
7. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
8. What is Claire's overall demeanor when James arrives at her parents' home?
9. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
10. What news does James reveal to Claire at the restaurant?
This section contains 1,008 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)