|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Claire's parents always hide in the house?
2. Why does Claire decide to leave the coffee shop?
(a) Kate is getting fussy.
(b) She wants James' undivided attention.
(c) She is running late.
(d) She has more shopping to do.
3. In what city does Claire live?
4. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
5. With what has Adam come home to help Helen?
(b) An essay.
(c) A family problem.
(d) Her laptop.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
2. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
3. Who is Helen?
4. What does the person in #19 give Claire to drink?
5. Which family member talks to Claire about her negative behavior during this difficult period?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
2. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
3. What is The Great Terror?
4. Describe Claire's feelings of humiliation and jealousy.
5. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
6. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
7. What news does James deliver to Claire in her hospital room?
8. Why does Claire turn to alcohol during this time in her life?
9. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
10. What is especially gratifying to Claire about the dinner she shops for and prepares for her family?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)