|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire feel about James at this point?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She still has feelings for him.
(c) She is madly in love with him.
(d) She feels nothing for him.
2. What does the person in #19 give Claire to drink?
3. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
4. Why does Claire take Kate to the doctor?
(a) A fever.
(c) A six-week check-up.
(d) A cold.
5. What is Laura's advice to Claire?
(a) Divorce James immediately.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Try to get James back.
(d) Pursue a relationship with Adam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
2. What realization does Claire arrive at in Chapter 12?
3. How old is Claire Webster as the novel begins?
4. What is Anna's job?
5. What name does Claire give her newborn daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What irritates Claire when she and Adam meet for coffee?
2. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
3. What does Adam's invitation to his flat foreshadow for Claire?
4. Why does Claire turn to alcohol during this time in her life?
5. What is The Great Terror?
6. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
7. What date is important to the protagonist of the story and why is it important?
8. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
9. Why does Claire keep putting off calling James?
10. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
This section contains 1,037 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)