|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Judy?
(a) James' ex-wife.
(b) Claire's best friend.
(c) Claire's sister.
(d) James' lover.
2. What dish does Claire prepare for the family dinner?
(a) Pasta with pesto sauce.
(b) Lamb chops.
(c) Steak salad.
3. Where does Claire decide that she will move?
(d) New York.
4. Where does Laura meet the person in #62?
(a) A pub.
(b) A concert.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) The grocery.
5. What does the family like best about Claire's meal?
(a) The tiramisu.
(b) The garlic bread.
(c) The poached salmon.
(d) The chocolate mousse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Denise?
2. What does Claire ask the doctor about herself?
3. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
4. Why is Claire's mother apprehensive about the meal Claire prepares?
5. Why does Claire take Kate to the doctor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
2. What does Claire's mother think about Claire's attraction to Adam?
3. What date is important to the protagonist of the story and why is it important?
4. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
5. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
6. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
7. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
8. What irritates Claire when she and Adam meet for coffee?
9. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
10. Why does Claire keep putting off calling James?
This section contains 1,046 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)