|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Adam kind of annoyed with Claire when they meet?
(a) She jumped to conclusions about his intentions.
(b) She brought a friend with her.
(c) She never showed up.
(d) She was really late.
2. Who does Claire run into while out with the person in #62?
3. With what has Adam come home to help Helen?
(a) Her laptop.
(c) An essay.
(d) A family problem.
4. What does the family like best about Claire's meal?
(a) The garlic bread.
(b) The tiramisu.
(c) The chocolate mousse.
(d) The poached salmon.
5. Who is the young man that Helen brings home for dinner?
Short Answer Questions
1. On what night does Adam want to see Claire?
2. How does Adam behave with Claire?
3. How does Claire feel about Adam at this point?
4. In what city does Claire live?
5. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claire turn to alcohol during this time in her life?
2. What does James reveal to Claire about why he really left her?
3. What is The Great Terror?
4. How does the author show Claire's fragile state of mind regarding her marriage?
5. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
6. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
7. What living arrangements and custody agreement do Claire and James agree to?
8. What will guide Claire's ultimate choice in a man?
9. What makes Claire cry after her meeting with James?
10. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)