|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire say to Mr. Andrucetti when she sees him?
(b) The mail is later every day.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) She wants a beef tenderloin.
2. With what has Adam come home to help Helen?
(a) A family problem.
(b) Her laptop.
(d) An essay.
3. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
(a) She lets her lawyer make all the calls.
(b) She is not in the mood for a confrontation.
(c) She wants to make a surprise visit instead.
(d) She forgets because she is preoccupied with Adam.
4. What fruit does Claire think she resembles?
5. Why does Claire go to Helen's room after supper?
(a) She wants to talk about their parents.
(b) She wants to listen to her stereo.
(c) She wants to borrow a sweater.
(d) She is hoping Helen will say something about Adam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Claire's sisters is the free-spirited one?
2. What do Claire and Adam eat with their coffee?
3. When does Claire's mother think Adam would be available?
4. Who is Denise?
5. Who is Judy?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire's mother think about Claire's attraction to Adam?
2. Why does Claire shop for clothes in town?
3. How does the author show that Claire is conflicted about whether or not she should spend time with Adam?
4. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
5. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
6. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
7. What news does James deliver to Claire in her hospital room?
8. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
9. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
10. How does Claire find out about Adam's intentions toward Helen?
This section contains 973 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)