|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In addition to Claire, who else is attracted to Adam?
(d) Claire's mother.
2. What do Claire and Adam eat with their coffee?
3. Who is the young man that Helen brings home for dinner?
4. What does Claire say to Mr. Andrucetti when she sees him?
(a) She wants a beef tenderloin.
(c) She wants a divorce.
(d) The mail is later every day.
5. Who interrupts Claire and Adam as they are talking?
(a) The waitress.
(b) A cell call from James.
(c) Three girls.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
2. Who is Claire's college friend who lives in Dublin?
3. To what city is Helen traveling for her college trip?
4. Who does Claire run into while out with the person in #62?
5. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
2. How does Claire meet Adam?
3. What does Adam's invitation to his flat foreshadow for Claire?
4. How does Claire begin to come out of The Great Terror period in her life?
5. What is especially gratifying to Claire about the dinner she shops for and prepares for her family?
6. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
7. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
8. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
9. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
10. Why does Claire turn to alcohol during this time in her life?
This section contains 1,073 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)