|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire's mother think that Claire needs in her life right now?
(a) A nanny.
(c) A good job.
(d) A fling.
2. How does Claire purchase the items for dinner?
(a) A debit card.
(b) A check.
(c) James' credit card.
3. Who interrupts Claire and Adam as they are talking?
(b) The waitress.
(c) A cell call from James.
(d) Three girls.
4. What does the person in #19 give Claire to drink?
5. How old is Denise?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claire take with her to town?
2. To what city is Helen traveling for her college trip?
3. What does James say when Claire finally calls him?
4. What does the family like best about Claire's meal?
5. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire begin to come out of The Great Terror period in her life?
2. Why is Claire hesitant to call James?
3. How does Claire find out about Adam's intentions toward Helen?
4. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
5. Describe Claire's feelings of humiliation and jealousy.
6. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
7. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
8. What date is important to the protagonist of the story and why is it important?
9. What does Claire's mother think about Claire's attraction to Adam?
10. How does the author show that Claire is conflicted about whether or not she should spend time with Adam?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)