|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire want to do to James and Denise?
(a) Trash their apartment.
(b) Slash their tires.
(c) Kill them.
(d) Wish them well.
2. On what night does Adam want to see Claire?
3. What does Claire take Kate to town to purchase?
(a) Baby shoes for Kate.
(b) Toys for Kate.
(c) Clothes for Kate.
(d) A birthday gift for Adam.
4. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
(a) That it is no wonder that her husband dumped her.
(b) That she has a great body.
(c) That her dress is too tight.
(d) Their child would have blue eyes.
5. What good habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
(a) She eats whole foods.
(b) She exercises.
(c) She walks.
(d) She meditates.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
2. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
3. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
4. With what has Adam come home to help Helen?
5. In what city does Claire live?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
2. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
3. How does Claire's fluctuating self esteem have her second-guessing herself as a person?
4. Describe the scenario when Claire confronts James and ends their marriage.
5. How does Claire meet Adam?
6. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
7. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
8. What date is important to the protagonist of the story and why is it important?
9. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
10. What does Adam's invitation to his flat foreshadow for Claire?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)