|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
(a) She loves to flirt.
(b) She can feel like a girl again.
(c) She had been missing male attention.
(d) She doesn't think about James.
2. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
3. How does Claire feel about Adam?
(a) She thinks Helen can do better.
(b) She is attracted to him.
(c) She thinks he is a lowlife.
(d) She thinks he is a nice kid.
4. What does Claire's husband tell her on the day she gives birth to their daughter?
(a) He wants another child as soon as possible.
(b) He loves her with all his heart.
(c) He thinks their daughter is beautiful.
(d) He is leaving her for an older woman.
5. What does the person in #19 give Claire to drink?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire realize has come out of her marriage?
2. Who is Mr. Andrucetti?
3. Claire sends Helen out to buy _______________.
4. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
5. After whom does Claire name her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Claire get from Laura about dating a younger man?
2. How does Claire meet Adam?
3. How did Claire meet her husband, James?
4. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
5. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
6. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
7. What is especially gratifying to Claire about the dinner she shops for and prepares for her family?
8. Why does Claire keep putting off calling James?
9. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
10. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
This section contains 979 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)