|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Claire linger in the hopes of running into Adam?
(a) A grocery.
(b) A coffee shop.
(c) A book store.
(d) A bar.
2. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
3. Who is Denise?
(a) James' ex-wife.
(b) James' lover.
(c) Claire's college roommate.
(d) Claire's best friend.
4. What does Claire realize has come out of her marriage?
(a) Some good friends.
(c) A good settlement.
(d) The miracle of Kate.
5. What is the profession of the person in #64?
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Claire get the urge to call James?
2. Where does Claire agree to meet Adam one day?
3. What does Claire's mother think that Claire needs in her life right now?
4. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
5. What good habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
2. Why is Claire hesitant to call James?
3. What news does James deliver to Claire in her hospital room?
4. What date is important to the protagonist of the story and why is it important?
5. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
6. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
7. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
8. What does Adam's invitation to his flat foreshadow for Claire?
9. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
10. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
This section contains 944 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)