|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire say to Mr. Andrucetti when she sees him?
(a) She wants a divorce.
(b) She wants a beef tenderloin.
(c) The mail is later every day.
2. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
(a) She loves to flirt.
(b) She doesn't think about James.
(c) She can feel like a girl again.
(d) She had been missing male attention.
3. Who does Claire avoid talking to?
4. Which family member talks to Claire about her negative behavior during this difficult period?
(b) Claire's father.
(c) Claire's mother.
5. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
(a) That her bags would be stolen.
(b) Not making her connecting flight.
(c) Terrorist attacks.
(d) Rude ticket agents.
Short Answer Questions
1. What gesture does Claire extend as a sign that she wants to apologize to her family?
2. What is Anna's job?
3. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
4. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
5. Where does Claire think James really is when he does not take her call?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
2. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
3. How does the author show that Claire is conflicted about whether or not she should spend time with Adam?
4. What does Claire's mother think about Claire's attraction to Adam?
5. What irritates Claire when she and Adam meet for coffee?
6. What is an important theme in the first section of the book?
7. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
8. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
9. How did Claire meet her husband, James?
10. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
This section contains 1,059 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)