|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Judy?
(a) Claire's best friend.
(b) Claire's sister.
(c) James' lover.
(d) James' ex-wife.
2. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
(a) That she has a great body.
(b) That it is no wonder that her husband dumped her.
(c) Their child would have blue eyes.
(d) That her dress is too tight.
3. What does Claire's mother think that Claire needs in her life right now?
(a) A fling.
(b) A good job.
(c) A nanny.
4. What does James say when Claire finally calls him?
(a) James wants Claire to come home.
(b) James has filed divorce papers.
(c) James is not in to take the call.
(d) James wants a trial separation.
5. What name does Claire give her newborn daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Claire's parents always hide in the house?
2. What does Claire ask the doctor about herself?
3. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
4. Who is Helen?
5. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
2. Why can Laura not give Claire any advice before Claire's call with James?
3. How does James try to make Claire jealous?
4. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
5. How does Claire find out about Adam's intentions toward Helen?
6. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
7. Why does Claire shop for clothes in town?
8. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
9. How does Claire consider Kate's needs as she tries to realign her life?
10. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)