|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire do when a romantic story comes on television?
(a) Eats ice cream.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Cries for hours.
(d) Throws a vase.
2. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
3. Who interrupts Claire and Adam as they are talking?
(b) A cell call from James.
(c) The waitress.
(d) Three girls.
4. What do Claire and Adam eat with their coffee?
5. In addition to Claire, who else is attracted to Adam?
(b) Claire's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say when Claire finally calls him?
2. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
3. What dish does Claire prepare for the family dinner?
4. When does Claire's mother think Adam would be available?
5. Who is Denise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What advice does Claire get from Laura about dating a younger man?
2. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
3. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
4. Why does Claire shop for clothes in town?
5. How does Claire begin to come out of The Great Terror period in her life?
6. What irritates Claire when she and Adam meet for coffee?
7. What is The Great Terror?
8. What is especially gratifying to Claire about the dinner she shops for and prepares for her family?
9. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
10. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
This section contains 1,089 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)