|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does Claire arrive at in Chapter 12?
(a) She will always love James.
(b) She wants to go back to school.
(c) She never loved James.
(d) She needs to act more responsibly.
2. What does the family like best about Claire's meal?
(a) The poached salmon.
(b) The chocolate mousse.
(c) The garlic bread.
(d) The tiramisu.
3. Who is Mr. Andrucetti?
(a) The postman.
(b) Denise's husband.
(c) Claire's husband.
(d) The local butcher.
4. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
(a) She is not in the mood for a confrontation.
(b) She forgets because she is preoccupied with Adam.
(c) She wants to make a surprise visit instead.
(d) She lets her lawyer make all the calls.
5. How does Claire purchase the items for dinner?
(a) A check.
(c) James' credit card.
(d) A debit card.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
2. Which family member talks to Claire about her negative behavior during this difficult period?
3. On what night does Adam want to see Claire?
4. What do Claire's parents always hide in the house?
5. To what city is Helen traveling for her college trip?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
2. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
3. Why does Claire turn to alcohol during this time in her life?
4. How does Claire begin to come out of The Great Terror period in her life?
5. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
6. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
7. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
8. How does Claire find out about Adam's intentions toward Helen?
9. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
10. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
This section contains 1,017 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)