|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what night does Adam want to see Claire?
2. What does Claire do when a romantic story comes on television?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Throws a vase.
(c) Cries for hours.
(d) Eats ice cream.
3. When does Claire get the urge to call James?
(a) During breakfast.
(b) Cocktail hour.
(c) After lunch.
(d) At night.
4. What does Claire's mother think that Claire needs in her life right now?
(a) A good job.
(b) A fling.
(d) A nanny.
5. What is the profession of the person in #64?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
2. What missing items is Helen looking for before going on a college trip?
3. What does Claire's mother feel about Claire's attraction to Adam?
4. Who is Claire's college friend who lives in Dublin?
5. Why will Claire not sell her share of their flat to James?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
2. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
3. How did Claire meet her husband, James?
4. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
5. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
6. How does the author show that Claire is conflicted about whether or not she should spend time with Adam?
7. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
8. What is an important theme in the first section of the book?
9. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
10. What advice does Claire get from Laura about dating a younger man?
This section contains 1,092 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)