|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
(a) Terrorist attacks.
(b) That her bags would be stolen.
(c) Not making her connecting flight.
(d) Rude ticket agents.
2. In addition to Claire, who else is attracted to Adam?
(d) Claire's mother.
3. What type of meals does Claire's mother usually feed her family?
(a) Frozen dinners.
(b) Home cooked meals.
(c) Fast food meals.
(d) Take out food.
4. With whom does Claire talk about her life until the wee hours of the morning?
(a) Her mother.
5. What dish does Claire prepare for the family dinner?
(a) Steak salad.
(c) Pasta with pesto sauce.
(d) Lamb chops.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Denise?
2. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
3. How does Claire feel about James at this point?
4. What do Claire, Helen and Anna eat while talking in Helen's room?
5. Who is Claire's college friend who lives in Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
2. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
3. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
4. How does Claire find out about Adam's intentions toward Helen?
5. What does Adam's invitation to his flat foreshadow for Claire?
6. What is The Great Terror?
7. How does the author show that Claire is conflicted about whether or not she should spend time with Adam?
8. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
9. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
10. What is especially gratifying to Claire about the dinner she shops for and prepares for her family?
This section contains 1,087 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)