|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire go to Helen's room after supper?
(a) She wants to listen to her stereo.
(b) She wants to borrow a sweater.
(c) She wants to talk about their parents.
(d) She is hoping Helen will say something about Adam.
2. What do Claire's parents always hide in the house?
3. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
(a) The Great Travesty.
(b) Poor Pitiful Claire Campaign.
(c) Kill James Campaign.
(d) The Great Terror.
4. What is Laura's advice to Claire?
(a) Pursue a relationship with Adam.
(b) Get a job.
(c) Try to get James back.
(d) Divorce James immediately.
5. Who does Claire run into while out with the person in #62?
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Claire give her newborn daughter?
2. Which family member talks to Claire about her negative behavior during this difficult period?
3. Why does Claire take Kate to the doctor?
4. Who is Denise?
5. How does Claire purchase the items for dinner?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
2. What irritates Claire when she and Adam meet for coffee?
3. What does Claire's mother think about Claire's attraction to Adam?
4. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
5. What date is important to the protagonist of the story and why is it important?
6. What news does James deliver to Claire in her hospital room?
7. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
8. How did Claire meet her husband, James?
9. What is especially gratifying to Claire about the dinner she shops for and prepares for her family?
10. Why does Claire shop for clothes in town?
This section contains 1,015 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)