|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
2. What does Claire's mother feel about Claire's attraction to Adam?
(a) She thinks Claire needs a break from any man.
(b) She feels he may be a possible catch for her.
(c) She thinks Claire needs to concentrate on her marriage.
(d) She thinks the age difference is too much.
3. After whom does Claire name her daughter?
(a) Her godmother.
(b) Her great aunt.
(c) Her paternal grandmother.
(d) Her maternal grandmother.
4. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
(a) James' credit card.
(b) Gift cards.
5. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claire think James really is when he does not take her call?
2. Claire sends Helen out to buy _______________.
3. In addition to Claire, who else is attracted to Adam?
4. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
5. What fruit does Claire think she resembles?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire bewilder James in their meeting at her parents' home?
2. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
3. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
4. What is the culmination of the evening Claire and Adam spend together at his place?
5. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
6. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
7. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
8. How does Claire find out about Adam's intentions toward Helen?
9. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
10. What does Claire learn about James' true feelings for her from James' business partner, George?
This section contains 1,112 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)