|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. On what night does Adam want to see Claire?
2. Which one of Claire's sisters is the free-spirited one?
3. What good habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
(a) She eats whole foods.
(b) She walks.
(c) She exercises.
(d) She meditates.
4. Where does Claire agree to meet Adam one day?
(a) The museum.
(b) A concert.
(c) The gym.
(d) A bar.
5. Who does Claire avoid talking to?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
2. What is the one thing Claire would not change about the life she had with James?
3. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
4. What missing items is Helen looking for before going on a college trip?
5. How does Claire feel about Adam?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
2. How does Claire begin to come out of The Great Terror period in her life?
3. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
4. Why does Claire keep putting off calling James?
5. What is an important theme in the first section of the book?
6. What is The Great Terror?
7. How did Claire meet her husband, James?
8. What advice does Claire get from Laura about dating a younger man?
9. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
10. What does Claire's mother think about Claire's attraction to Adam?
This section contains 960 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)