|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Claire going into town the next day?
(a) To shop for clothes.
(b) To buy party supplies.
(c) To get her car serviced.
(d) To go to the bank.
2. With whom does Claire talk about her life until the wee hours of the morning?
(d) Her mother.
3. What missing items is Helen looking for before going on a college trip?
4. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
(b) Claire's mother.
5. Where does Claire think James really is when he does not take her call?
(a) The bathroom.
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) At lunch.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claire feel about Adam?
2. What does Claire realize has come out of her marriage?
3. What type of meals does Claire's mother usually feed her family?
4. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
5. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Claire hesitant to call James?
2. What is The Great Terror?
3. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
4. How does the author show Claire's fragile state of mind regarding her marriage?
5. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
6. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
7. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
8. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
9. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
10. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
This section contains 1,075 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)