|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire feel about Adam at this point?
(a) She likes him.
(b) She is crazy about him.
(c) She hates him.
(d) She doesn't feel anything for him.
2. How does Claire feel about James at this point?
(a) She is madly in love with him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She still has feelings for him.
(d) She feels nothing for him.
3. Why does Claire take Kate to the doctor?
(a) A fever.
(c) A cold.
(d) A six-week check-up.
4. What realization does Claire arrive at in Chapter 12?
(a) She needs to act more responsibly.
(b) She never loved James.
(c) She wants to go back to school.
(d) She will always love James.
5. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
(a) May 7.
(b) February 15.
(c) September 15.
(d) June 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Claire, Helen and Anna eat while talking in Helen's room?
2. What does Claire's mother think that Claire needs in her life right now?
3. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
4. After whom does Claire name her daughter?
5. Who is Claire's college friend who lives in Dublin?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Claire's mother and sister do to help bolster her confidence prior to her call with James?
2. Why does Claire want to talk to Adam before she returns to London?
3. What will guide Claire's ultimate choice in a man?
4. Why is Adam unhappy about Claire's decision to return to James?
5. Where is Claire preparing to go in Chapter 21?
6. What advice does Claire get from Laura about dating a younger man?
7. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
8. Why does Claire shop for clothes in town?
9. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
10. Why does Claire not feel happy about going back to James?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)