|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
2. How does Adam behave with Claire?
(a) He flirts with her.
(b) He is rude to her.
(c) He is polite to her.
(d) He ignores her.
3. Who is Denise?
(a) Claire's best friend.
(b) James' ex-wife.
(c) Claire's college roommate.
(d) James' lover.
4. Why does Claire go to Helen's room after supper?
(a) She wants to borrow a sweater.
(b) She wants to listen to her stereo.
(c) She is hoping Helen will say something about Adam.
(d) She wants to talk about their parents.
5. What is the purpose of Claire's trip into town?
(a) To buy a bike.
(b) To shop for clothes.
(c) To send some flowers.
(d) To get a haircut.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Laura's advice to Claire?
2. How old is Denise?
3. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
4. To what city is Helen traveling for her college trip?
5. With what has Adam come home to help Helen?
Short Essay Questions
1. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
2. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
3. What is The Great Terror?
4. What advice does Claire get from Laura about dating a younger man?
5. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
6. What does Claire's mother think about Claire's attraction to Adam?
7. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
8. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
9. Describe Claire's feelings of humiliation and jealousy.
10. Why does Claire shop for clothes in town?
This section contains 1,053 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)