|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire feel about Adam at this point?
(a) She likes him.
(b) She is crazy about him.
(c) She doesn't feel anything for him.
(d) She hates him.
2. What does Claire's mother think that Claire needs in her life right now?
(a) A good job.
(b) A fling.
(c) A nanny.
3. What does Claire's husband tell her on the day she gives birth to their daughter?
(a) He wants another child as soon as possible.
(b) He thinks their daughter is beautiful.
(c) He is leaving her for an older woman.
(d) He loves her with all his heart.
4. How old is Adam?
5. How does Adam behave with Claire?
(a) He is rude to her.
(b) He is polite to her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He flirts with her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
2. To what city is Helen traveling for her college trip?
3. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
4. Why does Claire think that Adam really doesn't want to talk to her when she runs into him?
5. In what city does Claire live?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
2. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
3. What is an important theme in the first section of the book?
4. Explain how Adam outrageously flirts with Claire.
5. What date is important to the protagonist of the story and why is it important?
6. Why does Claire keep putting off calling James?
7. Why is Claire hesitant to call James?
8. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
9. What does Claire's mother think about Claire's attraction to Adam?
10. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
This section contains 972 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)