|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire's husband tell her on the day she gives birth to their daughter?
(a) He wants another child as soon as possible.
(b) He is leaving her for an older woman.
(c) He loves her with all his heart.
(d) He thinks their daughter is beautiful.
2. Who is the young man that Helen brings home for dinner?
3. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
4. Who is Margaret?
(a) Claire's mother.
(b) Claire's older sister.
(c) Claire's hair stylist.
(d) Claire's college roommate.
5. On what night does Adam want to see Claire?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claire feel about Adam?
2. Claire sends Helen out to buy _______________.
3. Who is Claire's college friend who lives in Dublin?
4. Who does Claire avoid talking to?
5. Who is Denise?
Short Essay Questions
1. What news does James deliver to Claire in her hospital room?
2. What irritates Claire when she and Adam meet for coffee?
3. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
4. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
5. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
6. How did Claire meet her husband, James?
7. How does Claire begin to come out of The Great Terror period in her life?
8. What date is important to the protagonist of the story and why is it important?
9. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
10. What realities does Claire realize that she must face now?
This section contains 994 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)