|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Claire's sisters is the free-spirited one?
2. Claire sends Helen out to buy _______________.
3. What does Claire want to do to James and Denise?
(a) Trash their apartment.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Slash their tires.
(d) Wish them well.
4. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
5. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
(a) May 7.
(b) September 15.
(c) February 15.
(d) June 25.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Laura meet the person in #62?
2. What is Anna's job?
3. Who is Helen?
4. When does Claire's mother think Adam would be available?
5. How does Claire feel about James at this point?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Claire turn to alcohol during this time in her life?
2. What does Claire learn about the woman James is involved with and what does Claire decide to do?
3. How does Claire respond to James' phone calls when she returns to her parents' home?
4. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
5. What is the nature of Claire and Adam's relationship as the novel ends?
6. How does Claire shock her mother in Chapter 23?
7. What does Adam share about his ex-girlfriend and daughter?
8. How does the author show that Adam is on Claire's mind all the time now?
9. How does Claire show her feelings of loss as symbolized by her missing luggage at the airport?
10. How does the author show Claire's fragile state of mind regarding her marriage?
This section contains 1,098 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)