|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
(a) That she has a great body.
(b) That it is no wonder that her husband dumped her.
(c) That her dress is too tight.
(d) Their child would have blue eyes.
2. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
3. What does Claire's husband tell her on the day she gives birth to their daughter?
(a) He wants another child as soon as possible.
(b) He loves her with all his heart.
(c) He is leaving her for an older woman.
(d) He thinks their daughter is beautiful.
4. Who is Claire's college friend who lives in Dublin?
5. Why does Claire take Kate to the doctor?
(a) A cold.
(c) A fever.
(d) A six-week check-up.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claire think James really is when he does not take her call?
2. What do Claire's parents always hide in the house?
3. Where does Claire decide that she will move?
4. Why will Claire not sell her share of their flat to James?
5. After whom does Claire name her daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire arrange it so that she runs into Adam?
2. How does Claire begin to come out of The Great Terror period in her life?
3. Why does Claire shop for clothes in town?
4. What irritates Claire when she and Adam meet for coffee?
5. Who is Laura and how does Claire know her?
6. Why is Claire hesitant to call James?
7. What advice does Claire get from Laura about dating a younger man?
8. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
9. What does Adam's invitation to his flat foreshadow for Claire?
10. Why does Claire turn to alcohol during this time in her life?
This section contains 1,082 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)