|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What realization does Claire arrive at in Chapter 12?
(a) She never loved James.
(b) She needs to act more responsibly.
(c) She wants to go back to school.
(d) She will always love James.
2. Who is Margaret?
(a) Claire's college roommate.
(b) Claire's hair stylist.
(c) Claire's mother.
(d) Claire's older sister.
3. Whose clothes and makeup does Claire use?
(a) Her mother's.
4. What do Claire and Adam eat with their coffee?
5. What bad habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
(a) She overeats.
(b) She drives too fast.
(c) She does cocaine.
(d) She consumes more alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the person in #19 give Claire to drink?
2. How does Claire feel knowing that most people probably knew about James' affair?
3. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
4. How old is Denise?
5. What is Laura's advice to Claire?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Claire feel about her newborn daughter?
2. How does the author show that Claire is conflicted about whether or not she should spend time with Adam?
3. Why does Claire shop for clothes in town?
4. What is especially gratifying to Claire about the dinner she shops for and prepares for her family?
5. Describe Claire's behavior as she settles into her parents' home.
6. What is the significance of the novel's title, WATERMELON?
7. How does Claire find out about Adam's intentions toward Helen?
8. What is an important theme in the first section of the book?
9. Why does Claire feel so guilty after spending the evening with Laura and Adam?
10. What does Claire say to Adam at the gym that puts a strain on the outing?
This section contains 1,018 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)