|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Helen wish regarding Claire and Adam's relationship?
(a) That they get married right away.
(b) That they get what they deserve.
(c) That they be happy together.
(d) That the relationship won't last.
2. Where will Claire and Kate live after the divorce?
3. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) Christening papers for Kate.
(b) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(c) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
(d) An inheritance check for Claire.
4. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
(b) Divorce documentation.
(c) Her mail.
5. What time does Claire return to her parents house after being with Adam?
(a) 11 p.m.
(c) 3 a.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
6. Why is the person in #110 upset?
(a) Her mother has died.
(b) Her apartment was robbed.
(c) Her young lover has dumped her.
(d) She lost her job.
7. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
(a) She can't think about it now.
(b) She needs more time to mull it over.
(c) She is finished with it.
(d) She will try to work it out.
8. According to James' business partner, what was it about Claire that threatened James?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her connections.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her vitality.
9. How does James try to intimidate Claire into staying?
(a) He tells her no one will want a single woman with a child.
(b) He says she is a watermelon.
(c) He tells her no one else can love her like he can.
(d) He says she will not make it without him.
10. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
(a) She wants him to sign the divorce papers.
(b) She owes it to Kate.
(c) She still loves him.
(d) She wants money.
11. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He says they cannot even be friends.
(b) He has no reaction.
(c) He begs her to stay with him.
(d) He offers to drive her to the airport.
12. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
(a) That he would drop dead.
(b) That he would want her and Kate back.
(c) That he would divorce her quickly.
(d) That he would give her a credit card.
13. How does Claire feel about her new life?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She resents it.
(c) She embraces it.
(d) She is terrified of it.
14. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
(a) James' lawyer called.
(b) Kate is sick.
(c) James is in Dublin.
(d) Claire's grandmother died.
15. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
2. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
3. What does James say that Claire always demanded in their marriage?
4. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
5. Who tells Adam that Claire is going back to James?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)