|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who prepares the meal that Adam and Claire eat?
(c) Claire's mother.
(d) A personal chef.
2. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
(a) She is apprehensive.
(b) She is happy.
(c) She is relieved.
(d) She is sad.
3. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She is torn about how she feels.
(b) She is sullen.
(c) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
(d) She is ecstatic.
4. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) Christening papers for Kate.
(b) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
(c) An inheritance check for Claire.
(d) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
5. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) Crying herself to sleep.
(b) By getting drunk.
(c) She doesn't sleep at all.
(d) Holding Kate.
6. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
7. Why is the person in #110 upset?
(a) Her mother has died.
(b) She lost her job.
(c) Her young lover has dumped her.
(d) Her apartment was robbed.
8. Who tells Adam that Claire is going back to James?
(a) Claire's mother.
9. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
10. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
(a) She doesn't know enough about the situation.
(b) She is ill and can't talk.
(c) She has to go to work.
(d) She doesn't approve of the situation.
11. Where will Adam and his daughter be living?
12. What does Claire learn from her meeting with James in London?
(a) He has a new job.
(b) He will never take responsibility for his affair.
(c) He never really loved Claire.
(d) He is still seeing Denise.
13. Why does James call Claire later that day?
(a) To ask her to meet him for supper.
(b) To ask for custody of Kate.
(c) To ask for a reconciliation.
(d) To tell her the divorce is finalized.
14. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
15. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
(a) If Claire won't get pregnant again.
(b) If Claire has more sex with him.
(c) If Claire changes her behavior.
(d) If Claire gets a better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
2. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
3. According to James, why did he leave Claire in the first place?
4. How does James try to intimidate Claire into staying?
5. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
This section contains 519 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)