|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James call Claire later that day?
(a) To tell her the divorce is finalized.
(b) To ask for custody of Kate.
(c) To ask for a reconciliation.
(d) To ask her to meet him for supper.
2. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To listen to music.
(b) To watch TV.
(c) To make love.
(d) To study.
3. What does James' business partner tell Claire about James' emotional state while Claire was gone?
(a) He was carefree.
(b) He was content.
(c) He was destroyed.
(d) He was ecstatic.
4. What is Adam's relationship with his former girlfriend?
(a) Engaged now.
(c) Sometime lovers.
(d) Just friends.
5. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
(a) She must be more sexually assertive.
(b) She cannot be so carefree.
(c) She must have her own checking account.
(d) She needs to have a job outside the home.
6. Why do Claire's mother and sisters fuss over her?
(a) They want to get her ready to meet with James.
(b) They don't want her to meet James.
(c) They know she can use some emotional support.
(d) They have nothing else to do.
7. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
8. How does James try to intimidate Claire into staying?
(a) He says she is a watermelon.
(b) He says she will not make it without him.
(c) He tells her no one else can love her like he can.
(d) He tells her no one will want a single woman with a child.
9. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
(a) She still loves him.
(b) She wants money.
(c) She wants him to sign the divorce papers.
(d) She owes it to Kate.
10. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
(a) Second guesses herself.
(b) Tells him to leave her alone.
(c) Says she can't change.
(d) Agrees to change.
11. What time does Claire return to her parents house after being with Adam?
(a) 3 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 5 a.m.
12. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
(a) It's the right thing for everybody.
(b) She'll adapt.
(c) She's crazy.
(d) It's best for Kate.
13. Who tells Adam that Claire is going back to James?
(c) Claire's mother.
14. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
15. Who calls the house looking for Claire?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Adam's former girlfriend?
2. What reason does Claire give her mother for being out so late?
3. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
4. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
5. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)