|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
(a) 200 quid.
(b) 100 quid.
(c) 50 quid.
(d) 25 quid.
2. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
3. What does Helen wish regarding Claire and Adam's relationship?
(a) That they get married right away.
(b) That they be happy together.
(c) That the relationship won't last.
(d) That they get what they deserve.
4. What time does Claire return to her parents house after being with Adam?
(b) 11 p.m.
(c) 5 a.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
5. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
6. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
(a) A stable home environment.
(b) Going to pre-school as soon as possible.
(c) Listening to classical music.
(d) Learning to speak French.
7. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
(b) Her mother.
8. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
(a) She must be more sexually assertive.
(b) She needs to have a job outside the home.
(c) She cannot be so carefree.
(d) She must have her own checking account.
9. Who prepares the meal that Adam and Claire eat?
(a) A personal chef.
(b) Claire's mother.
10. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
(a) If Claire won't get pregnant again.
(b) If Claire gets a better job.
(c) If Claire changes her behavior.
(d) If Claire has more sex with him.
11. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
(a) James is in Dublin.
(b) Claire's grandmother died.
(c) Kate is sick.
(d) James' lawyer called.
12. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
13. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
14. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
(a) He sings in her ear.
(b) He recoils uncomfortably.
(c) He puts her in her bed.
(d) He holds her closer.
15. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say that Claire always demanded in their marriage?
2. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
3. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
4. How does Claire feel about her new life?
5. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)