|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
(a) Her mother.
2. What does Claire feel that James is now?
(a) A saint.
(b) A bully.
(c) A victim.
(d) A hero.
3. What news does James give Claire?
(a) He has filed for divorce.
(b) He is no longer seeing Denise.
(c) He has closed their checking account.
(d) He has been transferred.
4. What reaction did James expect Claire to have about his new girlfriend?
5. According to James' business partner, what was it about Claire that threatened James?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her vitality.
(c) Her connections.
(d) Her money.
6. Why do Claire's mother and sisters fuss over her?
(a) They have nothing else to do.
(b) They want to get her ready to meet with James.
(c) They know she can use some emotional support.
(d) They don't want her to meet James.
7. Where will Adam and his daughter be living?
8. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
(a) She is finished with it.
(b) She needs more time to mull it over.
(c) She can't think about it now.
(d) She will try to work it out.
9. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
10. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
11. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
(a) Talks about the legalities of splitting up.
(b) Falls asleep while he's talking.
(c) Chain smokes.
(d) Drinks too much.
12. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To make love.
(b) To listen to music.
(c) To watch TV.
(d) To study.
13. According to James, why did he leave Claire in the first place?
(a) Her cooking.
(b) Her overspending.
(c) Her infidelity.
(d) Her selfishness.
14. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
15. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) 5:00 p.m.
(b) 2:00 p.m.
(c) 11:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
2. Who calls the house looking for Claire?
3. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
4. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
5. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)