|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does James tell Claire about their relationship?
(a) He has fallen in love with Helen.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He still loves her.
(d) He loves Denise.
2. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He has no reaction.
(b) He begs her to stay with him.
(c) He says they cannot even be friends.
(d) He offers to drive her to the airport.
3. Why do Claire's mother and sisters fuss over her?
(a) They don't want her to meet James.
(b) They want to get her ready to meet with James.
(c) They know she can use some emotional support.
(d) They have nothing else to do.
4. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
(a) To get her clothes.
(b) To pick up his things and come back.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To have documents faxed.
5. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(b) James was verbally abusive.
(c) James no longer loves her.
(d) James did not say he loves Kate.
6. How does James try to intimidate Claire into staying?
(a) He tells her no one else can love her like he can.
(b) He says she will not make it without him.
(c) He says she is a watermelon.
(d) He tells her no one will want a single woman with a child.
7. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
(b) Where the deed to the flat is.
(c) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
(d) What day she will be returning.
8. Why is Adam's girlfriend letting him have their daughter for a year?
(a) She is going back to school.
(b) She is ill.
(c) She needs a break.
(d) She is going to travel.
9. Where will Adam and his daughter be living?
10. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
(a) Their flat has sold.
(b) He is moving to New York.
(c) He is involved with a 22-year-old woman.
(d) The papers are ready to sign.
11. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
(a) Adam is in love with Claire.
(b) Adam has proposed to Helen.
(c) Adam has been killed in a car accident.
(d) Adam has reunited with an old girlfriend.
12. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
(b) An inheritance check for Claire.
(c) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(d) Christening papers for Kate.
13. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
(a) A stable home environment.
(b) Learning to speak French.
(c) Listening to classical music.
(d) Going to pre-school as soon as possible.
14. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
(a) Tells him to leave her alone.
(b) Agrees to change.
(c) Second guesses herself.
(d) Says she can't change.
15. According to James' business partner, what was it about Claire that threatened James?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her connections.
(d) Her vitality.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
2. According to James, why did he leave Claire in the first place?
3. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
4. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
5. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)