|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
2. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
(a) She must have her own checking account.
(b) She must be more sexually assertive.
(c) She needs to have a job outside the home.
(d) She cannot be so carefree.
3. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
(a) The papers are ready to sign.
(b) He is moving to New York.
(c) Their flat has sold.
(d) He is involved with a 22-year-old woman.
4. Why does James call Claire later that day?
(a) To ask her to meet him for supper.
(b) To tell her the divorce is finalized.
(c) To ask for custody of Kate.
(d) To ask for a reconciliation.
5. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
(a) Says she can't change.
(b) Agrees to change.
(c) Second guesses herself.
(d) Tells him to leave her alone.
6. What does James tell Claire about their relationship?
(a) He has fallen in love with Helen.
(b) He is gay.
(c) He still loves her.
(d) He loves Denise.
7. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James was verbally abusive.
(b) James no longer loves her.
(c) James did not say he loves Kate.
(d) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
8. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
(a) He sings in her ear.
(b) He holds her closer.
(c) He puts her in her bed.
(d) He recoils uncomfortably.
9. Where will Adam and his daughter be living?
10. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
(a) She will try to work it out.
(b) She is finished with it.
(c) She can't think about it now.
(d) She needs more time to mull it over.
11. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) Where the deed to the flat is.
(b) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
(c) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
(d) What day she will be returning.
12. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
13. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
(a) Claire is out with her husband.
(b) Claire is out shopping.
(c) Claire is asleep.
(d) Claire is in bed with a migraine.
14. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
(a) If Claire changes her behavior.
(b) If Claire won't get pregnant again.
(c) If Claire has more sex with him.
(d) If Claire gets a better job.
15. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
(a) Adam is in love with Claire.
(b) Adam has proposed to Helen.
(c) Adam has been killed in a car accident.
(d) Adam has reunited with an old girlfriend.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
2. What time has James promised to call Claire?
3. According to James, why did he leave Claire in the first place?
4. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
5. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)