Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
(a) She is ill and can't talk.
(b) She has to go to work.
(c) She doesn't approve of the situation.
(d) She doesn't know enough about the situation.
2. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James no longer loves her.
(b) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(c) James did not say he loves Kate.
(d) James was verbally abusive.
3. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
(a) He holds her closer.
(b) He recoils uncomfortably.
(c) He sings in her ear.
(d) He puts her in her bed.
4. Who is James' business partner?
5. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
(a) Her mother.
6. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
(b) What day she will be returning.
(c) Where the deed to the flat is.
(d) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
7. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) Claire's parents' house.
(b) A cafe.
(c) A pub.
(d) The park.
8. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
(b) Her mother.
9. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
(a) If Claire changes her behavior.
(b) If Claire gets a better job.
(c) If Claire won't get pregnant again.
(d) If Claire has more sex with him.
10. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) Holding Kate.
(b) She doesn't sleep at all.
(c) By getting drunk.
(d) Crying herself to sleep.
11. What does Claire learn from her meeting with James in London?
(a) He never really loved Claire.
(b) He will never take responsibility for his affair.
(c) He is still seeing Denise.
(d) He has a new job.
12. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
(a) Claire is out with her husband.
(b) Claire is asleep.
(c) Claire is out shopping.
(d) Claire is in bed with a migraine.
13. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
(a) She will try to work it out.
(b) She is finished with it.
(c) She can't think about it now.
(d) She needs more time to mull it over.
14. What shocking thing does Claire tell James?
(a) She is pregnant.
(b) The marriage is over.
(c) She had an abortion.
(d) She is marrying Adam.
15. Who does James essentially blame for his affair with Denise?
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
2. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
3. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
4. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
5. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)