|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
2. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
(a) 25 quid.
(b) 200 quid.
(c) 100 quid.
(d) 50 quid.
3. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
4. How does Claire feel about her new life?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She embraces it.
(c) She is terrified of it.
(d) She resents it.
5. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
(a) Claire is out shopping.
(b) Claire is in bed with a migraine.
(c) Claire is asleep.
(d) Claire is out with her husband.
6. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(b) James was verbally abusive.
(c) James did not say he loves Kate.
(d) James no longer loves her.
7. Who prepares the meal that Adam and Claire eat?
(a) A personal chef.
(c) Claire's mother.
8. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
(a) The papers are ready to sign.
(b) He is involved with a 22-year-old woman.
(c) He is moving to New York.
(d) Their flat has sold.
9. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
10. Who is James' business partner?
11. What time has James promised to call Claire?
(a) 10 a.m.
(c) 8 a.m.
(d) 2 p.m.
12. What news does James give Claire?
(a) He is no longer seeing Denise.
(b) He has closed their checking account.
(c) He has been transferred.
(d) He has filed for divorce.
13. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
14. Why does James call Claire later that day?
(a) To ask her to meet him for supper.
(b) To tell her the divorce is finalized.
(c) To ask for a reconciliation.
(d) To ask for custody of Kate.
15. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
(a) She needs to have a job outside the home.
(b) She must be more sexually assertive.
(c) She cannot be so carefree.
(d) She must have her own checking account.
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking thing does Claire tell James?
2. Who calls the house looking for Claire?
3. What reason does Claire give her mother for being out so late?
4. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
5. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)