|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
(d) Her mother.
2. What reason does Claire give her mother for being out so late?
(a) She was having sex with Adam.
(b) Her car broke down.
(c) She and Laura were at a pub.
(d) She got lost coming back from Belfast.
3. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
(b) She is ecstatic.
(c) She is sullen.
(d) She is torn about how she feels.
4. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
5. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
6. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
(a) To go out to dinner.
(b) So James will love her.
(c) To get her portrait painted.
(d) To have her picture taken.
7. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
(a) She's crazy.
(b) She'll adapt.
(c) It's the right thing for everybody.
(d) It's best for Kate.
8. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He offers to drive her to the airport.
(b) He begs her to stay with him.
(c) He has no reaction.
(d) He says they cannot even be friends.
9. According to James, why did he leave Claire in the first place?
(a) Her overspending.
(b) Her infidelity.
(c) Her selfishness.
(d) Her cooking.
10. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
(a) Claire is asleep.
(b) Claire is out shopping.
(c) Claire is out with her husband.
(d) Claire is in bed with a migraine.
11. Who bet Helen that Helen would not get involved with Adam?
(a) Marie Sanderson.
(b) Melissa Saint.
(c) Bridget Malloy.
(d) Rita Shannon.
12. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
13. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Doing laundry.
(b) Preparing for her date with Adam.
(c) Bathing Kate.
(d) Watching television.
14. What time has James promised to call Claire?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(d) 10 a.m.
15. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
Short Answer Questions
1. What shocking thing does Claire tell James?
2. According to James' business partner, what was it about Claire that threatened James?
3. How does James try to intimidate Claire into staying?
4. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
5. Why does Claire want to see Adam before she returns to London?
This section contains 498 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)