|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) She doesn't sleep at all.
(b) Holding Kate.
(c) Crying herself to sleep.
(d) By getting drunk.
2. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To make love.
(b) To watch TV.
(c) To study.
(d) To listen to music.
3. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
(a) To have documents faxed.
(b) To pick up his things and come back.
(c) To leave her alone.
(d) To get her clothes.
4. What shocking thing does Claire tell James?
(a) She had an abortion.
(b) She is marrying Adam.
(c) The marriage is over.
(d) She is pregnant.
5. What does James' business partner tell Claire about James' emotional state while Claire was gone?
(a) He was content.
(b) He was ecstatic.
(c) He was carefree.
(d) He was destroyed.
6. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
7. What does Claire feel that James is now?
(a) A victim.
(b) A hero.
(c) A saint.
(d) A bully.
8. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
(a) She is apprehensive.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is relieved.
9. What is Adam's relationship with his former girlfriend?
(b) Sometime lovers.
(c) Engaged now.
(d) Just friends.
10. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
11. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
12. What advice does Claire's mother give her regarding her marriage?
(a) Forgiveness is paramount.
(b) Forgive but never forget.
(c) James will always cheat.
(d) Give yourself some time.
13. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
(a) Second guesses herself.
(b) Says she can't change.
(c) Agrees to change.
(d) Tells him to leave her alone.
14. Why is the person in #110 upset?
(a) Her apartment was robbed.
(b) Her young lover has dumped her.
(c) She lost her job.
(d) Her mother has died.
15. Why do Claire's mother and sisters fuss over her?
(a) They want to get her ready to meet with James.
(b) They have nothing else to do.
(c) They don't want her to meet James.
(d) They know she can use some emotional support.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls the house looking for Claire?
2. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
3. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
4. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
5. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)