|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
2. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
3. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
(a) Divorce documentation.
(d) Her mail.
4. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
(a) The papers are ready to sign.
(b) Their flat has sold.
(c) He is involved with a 22-year-old woman.
(d) He is moving to New York.
5. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
(a) If she could lean on him.
(b) If he would cheat again.
(c) If they would have more children.
(d) If he would be tender with her.
6. Who bet Helen that Helen would not get involved with Adam?
(a) Melissa Saint.
(b) Bridget Malloy.
(c) Rita Shannon.
(d) Marie Sanderson.
7. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
(a) If Claire changes her behavior.
(b) If Claire won't get pregnant again.
(c) If Claire gets a better job.
(d) If Claire has more sex with him.
8. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
(a) She doesn't love him anymore.
(b) She doesn't think he would be a good father.
(c) She likes the single life.
(d) She is in love with someone else.
9. What time does Claire return to her parents house after being with Adam?
(a) 5 a.m.
(b) 11 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
10. According to James, why did he leave Claire in the first place?
(a) Her selfishness.
(b) Her cooking.
(c) Her infidelity.
(d) Her overspending.
11. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
(b) She is torn about how she feels.
(c) She is ecstatic.
(d) She is sullen.
12. What reason does Claire give her mother for being out so late?
(a) She and Laura were at a pub.
(b) Her car broke down.
(c) She was having sex with Adam.
(d) She got lost coming back from Belfast.
13. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Bathing Kate.
(b) Preparing for her date with Adam.
(c) Doing laundry.
(d) Watching television.
14. What does Claire ask for regarding Kate?
(a) Clothing expenses.
(c) Trust fund.
(d) College fund.
15. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
(a) She is finished with it.
(b) She will try to work it out.
(c) She can't think about it now.
(d) She needs more time to mull it over.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
2. What does James tell Claire about their relationship?
3. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
4. For what reason would Claire consider reconciliation with James?
5. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
This section contains 496 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)