|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does James call Claire later that day?
(a) To ask for custody of Kate.
(b) To ask her to meet him for supper.
(c) To ask for a reconciliation.
(d) To tell her the divorce is finalized.
2. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
(a) She needs to have a job outside the home.
(b) She must have her own checking account.
(c) She must be more sexually assertive.
(d) She cannot be so carefree.
3. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
(a) Her mail.
(c) Divorce documentation.
4. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
(a) She'll adapt.
(b) It's the right thing for everybody.
(c) She's crazy.
(d) It's best for Kate.
5. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He says they cannot even be friends.
(b) He offers to drive her to the airport.
(c) He has no reaction.
(d) He begs her to stay with him.
6. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
(a) Second guesses herself.
(b) Agrees to change.
(c) Tells him to leave her alone.
(d) Says she can't change.
7. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
(a) Claire is out with her husband.
(b) Claire is in bed with a migraine.
(c) Claire is out shopping.
(d) Claire is asleep.
8. How does Adam feel when he learns that Claire is going back to James?
(a) He is undecided.
(b) He is bitter.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He is happy for her.
9. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
(a) That he would divorce her quickly.
(b) That he would give her a credit card.
(c) That he would want her and Kate back.
(d) That he would drop dead.
10. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) Crying herself to sleep.
(b) Holding Kate.
(c) She doesn't sleep at all.
(d) By getting drunk.
11. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
(a) Chain smokes.
(b) Falls asleep while he's talking.
(c) Drinks too much.
(d) Talks about the legalities of splitting up.
12. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
(a) A stable home environment.
(b) Learning to speak French.
(c) Listening to classical music.
(d) Going to pre-school as soon as possible.
13. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
14. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To listen to music.
(b) To study.
(c) To make love.
(d) To watch TV.
15. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
(a) If they would have more children.
(b) If he would cheat again.
(c) If he would be tender with her.
(d) If she could lean on him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
2. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
3. What reason does Claire give her mother for being out so late?
4. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
5. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
This section contains 580 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)