|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
2. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
(b) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(c) An inheritance check for Claire.
(d) Christening papers for Kate.
3. What does James say that Claire always demanded in their marriage?
(a) Constant attention.
(b) New clothes.
(c) Her own checking account.
(d) Expensive furnishings.
4. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
5. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
6. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
(a) 100 quid.
(b) 200 quid.
(c) 50 quid.
(d) 25 quid.
7. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
8. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 5:00 p.m.
9. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
(a) James is in Dublin.
(b) Claire's grandmother died.
(c) Kate is sick.
(d) James' lawyer called.
10. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
(a) Adam has reunited with an old girlfriend.
(b) Adam has been killed in a car accident.
(c) Adam has proposed to Helen.
(d) Adam is in love with Claire.
11. Who is Adam's former girlfriend?
12. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
(a) A stable home environment.
(b) Learning to speak French.
(c) Going to pre-school as soon as possible.
(d) Listening to classical music.
13. Who tells Adam that Claire is going back to James?
(d) Claire's mother.
14. Why does Claire want to see Adam before she returns to London?
(a) To ask him if he loves her or not.
(b) To thank him for being nice and making her feel beautiful.
(c) To give him her London address.
(d) To have sex one more time.
15. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
(a) A crystal.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A new dress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
2. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
3. According to James' business partner, what was it about Claire that threatened James?
4. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
5. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
This section contains 425 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)