|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is James' business partner?
2. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
(c) Her mother.
3. Where will Adam and his daughter be living?
4. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
5. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(b) Christening papers for Kate.
(c) An inheritance check for Claire.
(d) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
6. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
7. Who does James essentially blame for his affair with Denise?
(b) His mother.
8. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
9. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
10. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
(a) She must have her own checking account.
(b) She cannot be so carefree.
(c) She must be more sexually assertive.
(d) She needs to have a job outside the home.
11. How does Adam feel when he learns that Claire is going back to James?
(a) He is happy for her.
(b) He is bitter.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He is undecided.
12. What does James' business partner tell Claire about James' emotional state while Claire was gone?
(a) He was content.
(b) He was destroyed.
(c) He was ecstatic.
(d) He was carefree.
13. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
(a) If he would cheat again.
(b) If she could lean on him.
(c) If he would be tender with her.
(d) If they would have more children.
14. According to James' business partner, what was it about Claire that threatened James?
(a) Her intelligence.
(b) Her money.
(c) Her connections.
(d) Her vitality.
15. According to James, why did he leave Claire in the first place?
(a) Her overspending.
(b) Her selfishness.
(c) Her cooking.
(d) Her infidelity.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
2. What does James ask Claire when he calls?
3. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
4. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
5. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
This section contains 471 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)