|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What time does Claire return to her parents house after being with Adam?
(a) 5 a.m.
(c) 11 p.m.
(d) 3 a.m.
2. What does Claire feel that James is now?
(a) A hero.
(b) A victim.
(c) A bully.
(d) A saint.
3. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(b) James no longer loves her.
(c) James did not say he loves Kate.
(d) James was verbally abusive.
4. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
5. What does James' business partner tell Claire about James' emotional state while Claire was gone?
(a) He was carefree.
(b) He was content.
(c) He was destroyed.
(d) He was ecstatic.
6. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
(a) She is apprehensive.
(b) She is sad.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is relieved.
7. How does Claire feel about her new life?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She is terrified of it.
(c) She resents it.
(d) She embraces it.
8. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
(a) Their flat has sold.
(b) The papers are ready to sign.
(c) He is involved with a 22-year-old woman.
(d) He is moving to New York.
9. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
(a) Drinks too much.
(b) Falls asleep while he's talking.
(c) Chain smokes.
(d) Talks about the legalities of splitting up.
10. What does James tell Claire about their relationship?
(a) He is gay.
(b) He has fallen in love with Helen.
(c) He loves Denise.
(d) He still loves her.
11. Who prepares the meal that Adam and Claire eat?
(a) Claire's mother.
(d) A personal chef.
12. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) What day she will be returning.
(b) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
(c) Where the deed to the flat is.
(d) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
13. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
(a) Listening to classical music.
(b) Learning to speak French.
(c) A stable home environment.
(d) Going to pre-school as soon as possible.
14. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
15. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(c) 2:00 p.m.
(d) 11:30 a.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire realize about herself if she were to live with James again?
2. For what reason would Claire consider reconciliation with James?
3. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
4. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
5. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)