|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) By getting drunk.
(b) She doesn't sleep at all.
(c) Crying herself to sleep.
(d) Holding Kate.
2. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
(a) That he would want her and Kate back.
(b) That he would give her a credit card.
(c) That he would divorce her quickly.
(d) That he would drop dead.
3. What does Helen wish regarding Claire and Adam's relationship?
(a) That they get married right away.
(b) That they be happy together.
(c) That they get what they deserve.
(d) That the relationship won't last.
4. Who tells Adam that Claire is going back to James?
(b) Claire's mother.
5. Why is the person in #110 upset?
(a) Her young lover has dumped her.
(b) Her mother has died.
(c) She lost her job.
(d) Her apartment was robbed.
6. For what reason would Claire consider reconciliation with James?
(c) Business tie.
7. How does Adam feel when he learns that Claire is going back to James?
(a) He is unhappy.
(b) He is undecided.
(c) He is bitter.
(d) He is happy for her.
8. Who prepares the meal that Adam and Claire eat?
(a) A personal chef.
(c) Claire's mother.
9. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To study.
(b) To watch TV.
(c) To make love.
(d) To listen to music.
10. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James was verbally abusive.
(b) James no longer loves her.
(c) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(d) James did not say he loves Kate.
11. What reason does Claire give her mother for being out so late?
(a) She got lost coming back from Belfast.
(b) She and Laura were at a pub.
(c) She was having sex with Adam.
(d) Her car broke down.
12. What shocking thing does Claire tell James?
(a) She is marrying Adam.
(b) She is pregnant.
(c) The marriage is over.
(d) She had an abortion.
13. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
(a) It's the right thing for everybody.
(b) It's best for Kate.
(c) She's crazy.
(d) She'll adapt.
14. What news does James give Claire?
(a) He has filed for divorce.
(b) He has closed their checking account.
(c) He has been transferred.
(d) He is no longer seeing Denise.
15. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
(a) If Claire won't get pregnant again.
(b) If Claire changes her behavior.
(c) If Claire has more sex with him.
(d) If Claire gets a better job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
2. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
3. What reaction did James expect Claire to have about his new girlfriend?
4. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
5. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)