|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A crystal.
2. What reason does Claire give her mother for being out so late?
(a) She was having sex with Adam.
(b) She got lost coming back from Belfast.
(c) Her car broke down.
(d) She and Laura were at a pub.
3. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
4. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
(a) To pick up his things and come back.
(b) To leave her alone.
(c) To have documents faxed.
(d) To get her clothes.
5. What news does James give Claire?
(a) He is no longer seeing Denise.
(b) He has been transferred.
(c) He has filed for divorce.
(d) He has closed their checking account.
6. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
7. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
(a) Going to pre-school as soon as possible.
(b) A stable home environment.
(c) Learning to speak French.
(d) Listening to classical music.
8. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
9. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
10. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
(a) Adam has reunited with an old girlfriend.
(b) Adam is in love with Claire.
(c) Adam has proposed to Helen.
(d) Adam has been killed in a car accident.
11. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) What day she will be returning.
(b) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
(c) Where the deed to the flat is.
(d) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
12. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(b) An inheritance check for Claire.
(c) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
(d) Christening papers for Kate.
13. What does Claire's mother say is the balm that will save Claire and James' marriage?
14. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
(a) To go out to dinner.
(b) To have her picture taken.
(c) So James will love her.
(d) To get her portrait painted.
15. What does James ask Claire when he calls?
(a) If he can see her.
(b) If she will talk to Denise.
(c) If she'll sign the divorce papers.
(d) If he can see the baby.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
2. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
3. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
4. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
5. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)