|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
(a) Chain smokes.
(b) Talks about the legalities of splitting up.
(c) Falls asleep while he's talking.
(d) Drinks too much.
2. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) The park.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Claire's parents' house.
(d) A pub.
3. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James no longer loves her.
(b) James did not say he loves Kate.
(c) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(d) James was verbally abusive.
4. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
(a) Her mail.
(b) Divorce documentation.
5. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
(a) James is in Dublin.
(b) James' lawyer called.
(c) Kate is sick.
(d) Claire's grandmother died.
6. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
(a) She has to go to work.
(b) She is ill and can't talk.
(c) She doesn't approve of the situation.
(d) She doesn't know enough about the situation.
7. What time has James promised to call Claire?
(a) 10 a.m.
(b) 8 a.m.
(c) 2 p.m.
8. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
(d) Her mother.
9. What does Helen wish regarding Claire and Adam's relationship?
(a) That they be happy together.
(b) That they get married right away.
(c) That the relationship won't last.
(d) That they get what they deserve.
10. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
(a) Says she can't change.
(b) Agrees to change.
(c) Second guesses herself.
(d) Tells him to leave her alone.
11. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
(a) That he would drop dead.
(b) That he would divorce her quickly.
(c) That he would give her a credit card.
(d) That he would want her and Kate back.
12. What news does Helen tell Claire that jolts Claire?
(a) Adam has proposed to Helen.
(b) Adam is in love with Claire.
(c) Adam has been killed in a car accident.
(d) Adam has reunited with an old girlfriend.
13. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
(a) She doesn't think he would be a good father.
(b) She is in love with someone else.
(c) She doesn't love him anymore.
(d) She likes the single life.
14. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Doing laundry.
(b) Bathing Kate.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Preparing for her date with Adam.
15. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
2. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
3. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
4. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
5. What does Claire feel that James is now?
This section contains 481 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)