|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
(a) To pick up his things and come back.
(b) To get her clothes.
(c) To have documents faxed.
(d) To leave her alone.
2. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He offers to drive her to the airport.
(b) He says they cannot even be friends.
(c) He begs her to stay with him.
(d) He has no reaction.
3. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Watching television.
(b) Doing laundry.
(c) Bathing Kate.
(d) Preparing for her date with Adam.
4. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is apprehensive.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is relieved.
5. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
(a) A crystal.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A new dress.
(d) A rabbit's foot.
6. Who does Claire ask for advice prior to her meeting with James?
(a) Her mother.
7. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
(a) She's crazy.
(b) It's best for Kate.
(c) It's the right thing for everybody.
(d) She'll adapt.
8. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
(a) Drinks too much.
(b) Falls asleep while he's talking.
(c) Chain smokes.
(d) Talks about the legalities of splitting up.
9. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
(a) He is moving to New York.
(b) The papers are ready to sign.
(c) Their flat has sold.
(d) He is involved with a 22-year-old woman.
10. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
11. Why is the person in #110 upset?
(a) Her apartment was robbed.
(b) Her mother has died.
(c) She lost her job.
(d) Her young lover has dumped her.
12. Who is James' business partner?
13. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) A pub.
(b) Claire's parents' house.
(c) The park.
(d) A cafe.
14. What does Claire ask for regarding Kate?
(a) College fund.
(c) Clothing expenses.
(d) Trust fund.
15. Why would Claire say she wanted to see James?
(a) She wants money.
(b) She still loves him.
(c) She wants him to sign the divorce papers.
(d) She owes it to Kate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
2. What reaction did James expect Claire to have about his new girlfriend?
3. What does James ask Claire when he calls?
4. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
5. What does Claire ask James if he brought with him?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)