|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire tell James to go back to his hotel?
(a) To leave her alone.
(b) To have documents faxed.
(c) To pick up his things and come back.
(d) To get her clothes.
2. What reaction did James expect Claire to have about his new girlfriend?
3. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
(a) Claire's grandmother died.
(b) Kate is sick.
(c) James is in Dublin.
(d) James' lawyer called.
4. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
(a) That he would divorce her quickly.
(b) That he would want her and Kate back.
(c) That he would drop dead.
(d) That he would give her a credit card.
5. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
(a) A medallion.
(b) A crystal.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A new dress.
6. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
(a) 200 quid.
(b) 50 quid.
(c) 100 quid.
(d) 25 quid.
7. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
8. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She is sullen.
(b) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
(c) She is torn about how she feels.
(d) She is ecstatic.
9. What does Claire ask for regarding Kate?
(a) Trust fund.
(b) Clothing expenses.
(d) College fund.
10. How old was the lover of the person in #110?
11. Why is Adam's girlfriend letting him have their daughter for a year?
(a) She is going to travel.
(b) She is going back to school.
(c) She needs a break.
(d) She is ill.
12. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
13. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
14. What does James' business partner tell Claire about James' emotional state while Claire was gone?
(a) He was ecstatic.
(b) He was carefree.
(c) He was destroyed.
(d) He was content.
15. Who bet Helen that Helen would not get involved with Adam?
(a) Melissa Saint.
(b) Rita Shannon.
(c) Bridget Malloy.
(d) Marie Sanderson.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
2. What news does James give Claire?
3. How does Helen feel about Claire's going back to James?
4. What does Claire find herself doing after James tells her some of her faults?
5. How does James react when Kate won't stop crying as he holds her?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)