|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Adam feel when he learns that Claire is going back to James?
(a) He is bitter.
(b) He is happy for her.
(c) He is unhappy.
(d) He is undecided.
2. What does Claire's mother tell the person in #147?
(a) Claire is in bed with a migraine.
(b) Claire is asleep.
(c) Claire is out with her husband.
(d) Claire is out shopping.
3. What is James' tone of voice when Claire calls to tell him she will return to him?
4. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
(a) She is finished with it.
(b) She can't think about it now.
(c) She needs more time to mull it over.
(d) She will try to work it out.
5. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He offers to drive her to the airport.
(b) He has no reaction.
(c) He says they cannot even be friends.
(d) He begs her to stay with him.
6. Why do Claire's mother and sisters fuss over her?
(a) They don't want her to meet James.
(b) They want to get her ready to meet with James.
(c) They know she can use some emotional support.
(d) They have nothing else to do.
7. What does Helen wish regarding Claire and Adam's relationship?
(a) That they be happy together.
(b) That they get what they deserve.
(c) That they get married right away.
(d) That the relationship won't last.
8. What advice does Claire's mother give her regarding her marriage?
(a) Give yourself some time.
(b) Forgive but never forget.
(c) James will always cheat.
(d) Forgiveness is paramount.
9. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
(a) Their flat has sold.
(b) The papers are ready to sign.
(c) He is moving to New York.
(d) He is involved with a 22-year-old woman.
10. What does Claire do that upsets James when he comes over to her parents' home?
(a) Chain smokes.
(b) Talks about the legalities of splitting up.
(c) Drinks too much.
(d) Falls asleep while he's talking.
11. Why is Adam's girlfriend letting him have their daughter for a year?
(a) She is going to travel.
(b) She is going back to school.
(c) She is ill.
(d) She needs a break.
12. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
(a) A new dress.
(b) A medallion.
(c) A rabbit's foot.
(d) A crystal.
13. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
(a) 100 quid.
(b) 50 quid.
(c) 25 quid.
(d) 200 quid.
14. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
(a) To go out to dinner.
(b) To have her picture taken.
(c) So James will love her.
(d) To get her portrait painted.
15. What does Claire learn from her meeting with James in London?
(a) He never really loved Claire.
(b) He will never take responsibility for his affair.
(c) He has a new job.
(d) He is still seeing Denise.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Adam's relationship with his former girlfriend?
2. What is Claire's tone with James when he phones?
3. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
4. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
5. What does James say he will do to get Claire back?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)