|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does James give Claire?
(a) He is no longer seeing Denise.
(b) He has closed their checking account.
(c) He has been transferred.
(d) He has filed for divorce.
2. How does Claire feel about going back to James?
(a) She is sad.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is apprehensive.
3. Who tells Adam that Claire is going back to James?
(c) Claire's mother.
4. Why do Claire's mother and sisters fuss over her?
(a) They have nothing else to do.
(b) They don't want her to meet James.
(c) They know she can use some emotional support.
(d) They want to get her ready to meet with James.
5. Which one of Helen's friends was also interested in Adam?
6. How does Claire fall asleep that night?
(a) By getting drunk.
(b) Crying herself to sleep.
(c) She doesn't sleep at all.
(d) Holding Kate.
7. Why does the person in #110 not give Claire any advice?
(a) She doesn't approve of the situation.
(b) She doesn't know enough about the situation.
(c) She is ill and can't talk.
(d) She has to go to work.
8. Why is Adam's girlfriend letting him have their daughter for a year?
(a) She is ill.
(b) She is going back to school.
(c) She is going to travel.
(d) She needs a break.
9. What does Claire wish for regarding James?
(a) That he would want her and Kate back.
(b) That he would drop dead.
(c) That he would divorce her quickly.
(d) That he would give her a credit card.
10. Who is Judy's boyfriend?
11. How does Adam react when Claire tells him she is going back to James?
(a) He begs her to stay with him.
(b) He offers to drive her to the airport.
(c) He says they cannot even be friends.
(d) He has no reaction.
12. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Bathing Kate.
(b) Doing laundry.
(c) Preparing for her date with Adam.
(d) Watching television.
13. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
14. Who does Claire talk to on the phone before leaving the house?
15. What advice does Claire's mother give her regarding her marriage?
(a) Forgive but never forget.
(b) Give yourself some time.
(c) James will always cheat.
(d) Forgiveness is paramount.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
2. What does Claire think would be the best for Kate?
3. Who does Claire ask to babysit Kate?
4. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
5. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)