|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is the person in #110 upset?
(a) Her apartment was robbed.
(b) She lost her job.
(c) Her mother has died.
(d) Her young lover has dumped her.
2. According to James' business partner, what was it about Claire that threatened James?
(a) Her money.
(b) Her connections.
(c) Her intelligence.
(d) Her vitality.
3. Who prepares the meal that Adam and Claire eat?
(a) Claire's mother.
(b) A personal chef.
4. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
(a) If they would have more children.
(b) If he would be tender with her.
(c) If he would cheat again.
(d) If she could lean on him.
5. Who tells Adam that Claire is going back to James?
(b) Claire's mother.
6. How does Claire feel about James' tone regarding her return?
7. For what reason would Claire consider reconciliation with James?
(b) Business tie.
8. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(b) 2:00 p.m.
(c) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 11:30 a.m.
9. Why does Claire tell James she is not coming back to him?
(a) She likes the single life.
(b) She doesn't love him anymore.
(c) She is in love with someone else.
(d) She doesn't think he would be a good father.
10. What news does James deliver to Claire via a phone call?
(a) The papers are ready to sign.
(b) Their flat has sold.
(c) He is involved with a 22-year-old woman.
(d) He is moving to New York.
11. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Doing laundry.
(b) Preparing for her date with Adam.
(c) Bathing Kate.
(d) Watching television.
12. What news do Claire's parents have for her when she returns home?
(a) James is in Dublin.
(b) James' lawyer called.
(c) Claire's grandmother died.
(d) Kate is sick.
13. What arrives in the mail at Claire's parents' home?
(a) Divorce papers for Claire and James.
(b) An inheritance check for Claire.
(c) Christening papers for Kate.
(d) The deed to Claire and James' flat.
14. What does James' business partner tell Claire about James' emotional state while Claire was gone?
(a) He was ecstatic.
(b) He was carefree.
(c) He was content.
(d) He was destroyed.
15. What does Helen do when she seed Claire and Adam about to kiss?
(a) She runs away.
(b) She laughs.
(c) She shrieks.
(d) She slaps Adam.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does James call Claire later that day?
2. What does Anna give to Claire before her meeting with James?
3. What does Claire decide regarding her marriage?
4. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
5. Under what conditions does James promise not to be unfaithful again?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)