|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire doing at the beginning of Chapter 21?
(a) Bathing Kate.
(b) Doing laundry.
(c) Watching television.
(d) Preparing for her date with Adam.
2. What is Adam's relationship with his former girlfriend?
(b) Sometime lovers.
(c) Just friends.
(d) Engaged now.
3. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To listen to music.
(b) To study.
(c) To watch TV.
(d) To make love.
4. Who is Adam's former girlfriend?
5. Why does Claire dress up Kate this morning?
(a) To go out to dinner.
(b) So James will love her.
(c) To have her picture taken.
(d) To get her portrait painted.
6. How much will Helen win in the bet regarding not hooking up with Adam?
(a) 25 quid.
(b) 50 quid.
(c) 200 quid.
(d) 100 quid.
7. What time has James promised to call Claire?
(a) 2 p.m.
(b) 10 a.m.
(d) 8 a.m.
8. How does Claire react to James' declaration regarding their relationship?
(a) She is ecstatic.
(b) She is torn about how she feels.
(c) She thinks it is too late for their marriage.
(d) She is sullen.
9. What is James' state of mind when he leaves Claire's parents' house?
10. Why does James call Claire later that day?
(a) To ask for custody of Kate.
(b) To tell her the divorce is finalized.
(c) To ask her to meet him for supper.
(d) To ask for a reconciliation.
11. At what time do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) 2:00 p.m.
(b) 5:00 p.m.
(d) 11:30 a.m.
12. What does James want to know when he calls Claire from London?
(a) If she wants him to buy theater tickets.
(b) What she wants to do on their anniversary.
(c) What day she will be returning.
(d) Where the deed to the flat is.
13. What is Claire's mood when she realizes her marriage to James is over?
14. Where do Claire and James agree to meet?
(a) The park.
(b) A cafe.
(c) Claire's parents' house.
(d) A pub.
15. How does James try to intimidate Claire into staying?
(a) He tells her no one else can love her like he can.
(b) He tells her no one will want a single woman with a child.
(c) He says she is a watermelon.
(d) He says she will not make it without him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does James say he will do to get Claire back?
2. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
3. Who bet Helen that Helen would not get involved with Adam?
4. Why does Claire want to see Adam before she returns to London?
5. What is the name of Adam's daughter?
This section contains 487 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)