|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
2. Which family member talks to Claire about her negative behavior during this difficult period?
(a) Claire's father.
(d) Claire's mother.
3. What does Claire do when a romantic story comes on television?
(a) Eats ice cream.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Cries for hours.
(d) Throws a vase.
4. What missing items is Helen looking for before going on a college trip?
5. How does Claire feel knowing that most people probably knew about James' affair?
6. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
(a) June 25.
(b) September 15.
(c) February 15.
(d) May 7.
7. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
8. What is Claire's husband's name?
9. Why does Claire take Kate to the doctor?
(a) A cold.
(c) A fever.
(d) A six-week check-up.
10. Where does Adam invite Claire?
(a) To a concert.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To a museum.
(d) To a bar.
11. What fruit does Claire think she resembles?
12. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
13. Who is Helen?
(a) Claire's business partner.
(b) Claire's housekeeper.
(c) Claire's younger sister.
(d) Claire's personal chef.
14. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
(a) She can feel like a girl again.
(b) She had been missing male attention.
(c) She loves to flirt.
(d) She doesn't think about James.
15. How does Adam behave with Claire?
(a) He is rude to her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He flirts with her.
(d) He is polite to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose clothes and makeup does Claire use?
2. What does Claire realize has come out of her marriage?
3. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
4. Why does Claire decide to leave the coffee shop?
5. What type of meals does Claire's mother usually feed her family?
This section contains 379 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)