|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire take Kate to town to purchase?
(a) Toys for Kate.
(b) Clothes for Kate.
(c) A birthday gift for Adam.
(d) Baby shoes for Kate.
2. Why will Claire not sell her share of their flat to James?
(a) She doesn't want to get a divorce.
(b) She doesn't want James and Denise living there.
(c) She wants to sell the flat for the money.
(d) She wants to buy James out.
3. Where does Claire think James really is when he does not take her call?
(a) Playing tennis.
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) At lunch.
4. Who is Margaret?
(a) Claire's hair stylist.
(b) Claire's college roommate.
(c) Claire's mother.
(d) Claire's older sister.
5. Whose clothes and makeup does Claire use?
(c) Her mother's.
6. How does Claire purchase the items for dinner?
(b) A debit card.
(c) James' credit card.
(d) A check.
7. What is Laura's advice to Claire?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Divorce James immediately.
(c) Pursue a relationship with Adam.
(d) Try to get James back.
8. What does James say when Claire finally calls him?
(a) James is not in to take the call.
(b) James wants Claire to come home.
(c) James has filed divorce papers.
(d) James wants a trial separation.
9. Why does Claire think that Adam really doesn't want to talk to her when she runs into him?
(a) He makes several phone calls.
(b) He keeps checking his watch.
(c) He keeps watching other women.
(d) He takes a long time to return with his coffee.
10. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
(a) She wants to make a surprise visit instead.
(b) She lets her lawyer make all the calls.
(c) She is not in the mood for a confrontation.
(d) She forgets because she is preoccupied with Adam.
11. What realization does Claire arrive at in Chapter 12?
(a) She wants to go back to school.
(b) She needs to act more responsibly.
(c) She will always love James.
(d) She never loved James.
12. How old is Claire Webster as the novel begins?
13. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
(a) Poor Pitiful Claire Campaign.
(b) The Great Travesty.
(c) The Great Terror.
(d) Kill James Campaign.
14. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
15. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the purpose of Claire's trip into town?
2. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
3. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
4. Who interrupts Claire and Adam as they are talking?
5. What is the one thing Claire would not change about the life she had with James?
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)