|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Claire's sisters is the free-spirited one?
2. What is Laura's advice to Claire?
(a) Get a job.
(b) Try to get James back.
(c) Divorce James immediately.
(d) Pursue a relationship with Adam.
3. What does the family like best about Claire's meal?
(a) The tiramisu.
(b) The garlic bread.
(c) The chocolate mousse.
(d) The poached salmon.
4. How does Claire feel about Adam?
(a) She thinks he is a nice kid.
(b) She thinks Helen can do better.
(c) She thinks he is a lowlife.
(d) She is attracted to him.
5. Where does Laura meet the person in #62?
(a) The grocery.
(b) A concert.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A pub.
6. How old is Claire?
7. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
(b) Claire's mother.
8. What realization does Claire arrive at in Chapter 12?
(a) She needs to act more responsibly.
(b) She wants to go back to school.
(c) She will always love James.
(d) She never loved James.
9. Who does Claire run into while out with the person in #62?
10. What good habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
(a) She eats whole foods.
(b) She meditates.
(c) She exercises.
(d) She walks.
11. What gesture does Claire extend as a sign that she wants to apologize to her family?
(a) She replenishes the liquor.
(b) She cleans the house.
(c) She moves to an apartment.
(d) She offers to make dinner.
12. What does Claire's mother feel about Claire's attraction to Adam?
(a) She feels he may be a possible catch for her.
(b) She thinks Claire needs to concentrate on her marriage.
(c) She thinks the age difference is too much.
(d) She thinks Claire needs a break from any man.
13. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
(a) Gift cards.
(c) James' credit card.
14. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
(a) June 25.
(b) May 7.
(c) September 15.
(d) February 15.
15. Why does Claire decide to leave the coffee shop?
(a) She wants James' undivided attention.
(b) She is running late.
(c) She has more shopping to do.
(d) Kate is getting fussy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Claire, Helen and Anna eat while talking in Helen's room?
2. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
3. What does James say when Claire finally calls him?
4. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
5. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
This section contains 416 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)