|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Claire's parents always hide in the house?
2. Why does Claire decide to leave the coffee shop?
(a) She wants James' undivided attention.
(b) She is running late.
(c) She has more shopping to do.
(d) Kate is getting fussy.
3. What does Claire ask the doctor about herself?
(a) Why she is having heart palpitations.
(b) If she has high cholesterol.
(c) When she can have sex again.
(d) If she can have some sleeping pills.
4. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
(a) That she has a great body.
(b) That it is no wonder that her husband dumped her.
(c) That her dress is too tight.
(d) Their child would have blue eyes.
5. Who interrupts Claire and Adam as they are talking?
(a) The waitress.
(b) Three girls.
(d) A cell call from James.
6. What does Claire's husband tell her on the day she gives birth to their daughter?
(a) He thinks their daughter is beautiful.
(b) He loves her with all his heart.
(c) He is leaving her for an older woman.
(d) He wants another child as soon as possible.
7. What does the family like best about Claire's meal?
(a) The tiramisu.
(b) The garlic bread.
(c) The chocolate mousse.
(d) The poached salmon.
8. Why does Claire take Kate to the doctor?
(a) A fever.
(c) A cold.
(d) A six-week check-up.
9. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
(a) Claire's mother.
10. Who is Denise?
(a) Claire's college roommate.
(b) Claire's best friend.
(c) James' ex-wife.
(d) James' lover.
11. Why is Adam kind of annoyed with Claire when they meet?
(a) She was really late.
(b) She never showed up.
(c) She jumped to conclusions about his intentions.
(d) She brought a friend with her.
12. What good habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
(a) She exercises.
(b) She meditates.
(c) She eats whole foods.
(d) She walks.
13. In what city does Claire live?
14. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
(a) That her bags would be stolen.
(b) Not making her connecting flight.
(c) Terrorist attacks.
(d) Rude ticket agents.
15. What is Claire's husband's name?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is one of the issues that Claire needs to talk to James about?
2. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
3. Who is Margaret?
4. Who is Helen?
5. Which one of Claire's sisters is the free-spirited one?
This section contains 415 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)