|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom does Claire talk about her life until the wee hours of the morning?
(d) Her mother.
2. Who is Denise?
(a) James' ex-wife.
(b) James' lover.
(c) Claire's college roommate.
(d) Claire's best friend.
3. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
(a) That it is no wonder that her husband dumped her.
(b) That she has a great body.
(c) That her dress is too tight.
(d) Their child would have blue eyes.
4. What is the purpose of Claire's trip into town?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To buy a bike.
(c) To shop for clothes.
(d) To send some flowers.
5. Who does Claire avoid talking to?
6. What is Anna's job?
(a) She doesn't have a regular job.
(b) She is a flight attendant.
(c) She is an editor.
(d) She is a hair stylist.
7. Why does Claire think that Adam really doesn't want to talk to her when she runs into him?
(a) He takes a long time to return with his coffee.
(b) He keeps watching other women.
(c) He makes several phone calls.
(d) He keeps checking his watch.
8. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
(a) She doesn't think about James.
(b) She can feel like a girl again.
(c) She had been missing male attention.
(d) She loves to flirt.
9. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
(a) The Great Terror.
(b) Poor Pitiful Claire Campaign.
(c) The Great Travesty.
(d) Kill James Campaign.
10. What does Claire want to do to James and Denise?
(a) Kill them.
(b) Trash their apartment.
(c) Wish them well.
(d) Slash their tires.
11. On what night does Adam want to see Claire?
12. What is the prevalent theme in the first section of the novel?
13. How old is Claire?
14. How does Claire purchase the items for dinner?
(a) A check.
(b) A debit card.
(c) James' credit card.
15. After whom does Claire name her daughter?
(a) Her great aunt.
(b) Her godmother.
(c) Her maternal grandmother.
(d) Her paternal grandmother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In addition to Claire, who else is attracted to Adam?
2. What does Claire say to Mr. Andrucetti when she sees him?
3. What do Claire, Helen and Anna eat while talking in Helen's room?
4. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
5. What does James say when Claire finally calls him?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)