|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What fruit does Claire think she resembles?
2. What is the prevalent theme in the first section of the novel?
3. What is the purpose of Claire's trip into town?
(a) To buy a bike.
(b) To get a haircut.
(c) To send some flowers.
(d) To shop for clothes.
4. How old is Denise?
5. How old is Adam?
6. Whose clothes and makeup does Claire use?
(d) Her mother's.
7. In addition to Claire, who else is attracted to Adam?
(d) Claire's mother.
8. How old is Claire Webster as the novel begins?
9. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
(a) Not making her connecting flight.
(b) That her bags would be stolen.
(c) Rude ticket agents.
(d) Terrorist attacks.
10. What is the profession of the person in #64?
11. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
(a) She can feel like a girl again.
(b) She had been missing male attention.
(c) She loves to flirt.
(d) She doesn't think about James.
12. Where does Claire think James really is when he does not take her call?
(a) At lunch.
(b) The Caribbean.
(c) The bathroom.
(d) Playing tennis.
13. What does Claire do when a romantic story comes on television?
(a) Eats ice cream.
(b) Goes to bed.
(c) Throws a vase.
(d) Cries for hours.
14. Why is Claire's mother apprehensive about the meal Claire prepares?
(a) Claire's mother is a better cook.
(b) Claire may not follow through with making dinner.
(c) Claire didn't get the right ingredients.
(d) Claire is a better cook.
15. What bad habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
(a) She drives too fast.
(b) She overeats.
(c) She does cocaine.
(d) She consumes more alcohol.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Claire?
2. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
3. Why will Claire not sell her share of their flat to James?
4. What does Claire learn are Adam's intentions with Helen?
5. What is the one thing Claire would not change about the life she had with James?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)