|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Claire realize has come out of her marriage?
(a) The miracle of Kate.
(b) Some good friends.
(c) A good settlement.
2. How old is Claire?
3. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
(a) May 7.
(b) September 15.
(c) February 15.
(d) June 25.
4. Why is Adam kind of annoyed with Claire when they meet?
(a) She brought a friend with her.
(b) She jumped to conclusions about his intentions.
(c) She never showed up.
(d) She was really late.
5. Who is Claire's college friend who lives in Dublin?
6. Which one of Claire's sisters is the free-spirited one?
7. What does Claire's mother think that Claire needs in her life right now?
(a) A good job.
(c) A fling.
(d) A nanny.
8. How does Claire feel about James at this point?
(a) She hates him.
(b) She is madly in love with him.
(c) She still has feelings for him.
(d) She feels nothing for him.
9. When does Claire's mother think Adam would be available?
(a) After Helen tosses him aside.
(b) In about 10 years.
(c) After he graduates.
(d) When he gets a better job.
10. What type of meals does Claire's mother usually feed her family?
(a) Frozen dinners.
(b) Fast food meals.
(c) Take out food.
(d) Home cooked meals.
11. Why does Claire think that Adam really doesn't want to talk to her when she runs into him?
(a) He makes several phone calls.
(b) He keeps checking his watch.
(c) He keeps watching other women.
(d) He takes a long time to return with his coffee.
12. What is one of the issues that Claire needs to talk to James about?
(a) Night classes.
(b) A new car.
(c) Couples counseling.
(d) Child custody.
13. Who is Helen?
(a) Claire's younger sister.
(b) Claire's business partner.
(c) Claire's housekeeper.
(d) Claire's personal chef.
14. Who does Claire run into while out with the person in #62?
15. What do Claire and Adam eat with their coffee?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Claire linger in the hopes of running into Adam?
2. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
3. What does the person in #19 give Claire to drink?
4. How old is Denise?
5. What good habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
This section contains 411 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)