|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Claire apologize to her family?
(a) For bringing home strange men.
(b) For marrying James.
(c) For stealing money.
(d) For putting her family through her emotional ordeal.
2. What do Claire's parents always hide in the house?
3. Who interrupts Claire and Adam as they are talking?
(a) The waitress.
(b) A cell call from James.
(d) Three girls.
4. What is the purpose of Claire's trip into town?
(a) To buy a bike.
(b) To get a haircut.
(c) To send some flowers.
(d) To shop for clothes.
5. Where does Claire linger in the hopes of running into Adam?
(a) A bar.
(b) A grocery.
(c) A book store.
(d) A coffee shop.
6. How old is Claire?
7. In addition to Claire, who else is attracted to Adam?
(a) Claire's mother.
8. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
(a) She lets her lawyer make all the calls.
(b) She wants to make a surprise visit instead.
(c) She forgets because she is preoccupied with Adam.
(d) She is not in the mood for a confrontation.
9. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
10. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
(a) Kill James Campaign.
(b) The Great Travesty.
(c) The Great Terror.
(d) Poor Pitiful Claire Campaign.
11. After whom does Claire name her daughter?
(a) Her maternal grandmother.
(b) Her godmother.
(c) Her paternal grandmother.
(d) Her great aunt.
12. What is the one thing Claire would not change about the life she had with James?
(a) Their daughter.
(b) Their apartment.
(c) Their wedding.
(d) Their vacations.
13. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
(a) Claire's mother.
14. Who is the young man that Helen brings home for dinner?
15. Who is Judy?
(a) Claire's best friend.
(b) Claire's sister.
(c) James' ex-wife.
(d) James' lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What name does Claire give her newborn daughter?
2. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
3. How old is Claire Webster as the novel begins?
4. Who is Margaret?
5. Who is Mr. Andrucetti?
This section contains 365 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)