|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose clothes and makeup does Claire use?
(c) Her mother's.
2. Why does Claire decide to leave the coffee shop?
(a) Kate is getting fussy.
(b) She has more shopping to do.
(c) She wants James' undivided attention.
(d) She is running late.
3. How old is Denise?
4. How does Claire purchase the items for dinner?
(a) James' credit card.
(b) A check.
(c) A debit card.
5. What does Claire take Kate to town to purchase?
(a) A birthday gift for Adam.
(b) Clothes for Kate.
(c) Toys for Kate.
(d) Baby shoes for Kate.
6. How old is Adam?
7. What is the prevalent theme in the first section of the novel?
8. What bad habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
(a) She drives too fast.
(b) She does cocaine.
(c) She overeats.
(d) She consumes more alcohol.
9. In what city does Claire live?
10. When does Claire get the urge to call James?
(a) During breakfast.
(b) After lunch.
(c) Cocktail hour.
(d) At night.
11. Where does Claire linger in the hopes of running into Adam?
(a) A grocery.
(b) A book store.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A bar.
12. Why is Adam kind of annoyed with Claire when they meet?
(a) She never showed up.
(b) She brought a friend with her.
(c) She was really late.
(d) She jumped to conclusions about his intentions.
13. What does the family like best about Claire's meal?
(a) The tiramisu.
(b) The chocolate mousse.
(c) The poached salmon.
(d) The garlic bread.
14. What does Claire realize has come out of her marriage?
(a) The miracle of Kate.
(b) Some good friends.
(d) A good settlement.
15. What dish does Claire prepare for the family dinner?
(a) Pasta with pesto sauce.
(b) Steak salad.
(c) Lamb chops.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Claire's mother think Adam would be available?
2. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
3. How does Claire feel about James at this point?
4. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
5. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
This section contains 371 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)