|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Adam invite Claire?
(a) To a concert.
(b) To his apartment.
(c) To a museum.
(d) To a bar.
2. Why does James not take Claire's call when she phones at his office?
(a) He is in a meeting.
(b) He is away for a week.
(c) He is out to lunch.
(d) He is gone for the day.
3. Who is the young man that Helen brings home for dinner?
4. How does Claire purchase the items for dinner?
(a) James' credit card.
(c) A debit card.
(d) A check.
5. Who is Claire's college friend who lives in Dublin?
6. How old is Denise?
7. How does Claire feel knowing that most people probably knew about James' affair?
8. How does Adam behave with Claire?
(a) He is rude to her.
(b) He flirts with her.
(c) He ignores her.
(d) He is polite to her.
9. What does Claire's husband tell her on the day she gives birth to their daughter?
(a) He loves her with all his heart.
(b) He thinks their daughter is beautiful.
(c) He is leaving her for an older woman.
(d) He wants another child as soon as possible.
10. Why is Claire's mother apprehensive about the meal Claire prepares?
(a) Claire may not follow through with making dinner.
(b) Claire is a better cook.
(c) Claire's mother is a better cook.
(d) Claire didn't get the right ingredients.
11. What realization does Claire arrive at in Chapter 12?
(a) She needs to act more responsibly.
(b) She never loved James.
(c) She wants to go back to school.
(d) She will always love James.
12. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
(a) That she has a great body.
(b) Their child would have blue eyes.
(c) That her dress is too tight.
(d) That it is no wonder that her husband dumped her.
13. To what city is Helen traveling for her college trip?
14. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
(a) She wants to make a surprise visit instead.
(b) She lets her lawyer make all the calls.
(c) She is not in the mood for a confrontation.
(d) She forgets because she is preoccupied with Adam.
15. Who is Margaret?
(a) Claire's mother.
(b) Claire's older sister.
(c) Claire's hair stylist.
(d) Claire's college roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire take Kate to town to purchase?
2. What does Claire learn are Adam's intentions with Helen?
3. What does the person in #19 give Claire to drink?
4. What gesture does Claire extend as a sign that she wants to apologize to her family?
5. What is Laura's advice to Claire?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)