|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the issues that Claire needs to talk to James about?
(a) Couples counseling.
(b) Child custody.
(c) Night classes.
(d) A new car.
2. Where does Adam kiss Claire on the face?
3. Who does Claire run into while out with the person in #62?
4. How does Adam behave with Claire?
(a) He flirts with her.
(b) He ignores her.
(c) He is polite to her.
(d) He is rude to her.
5. Where does Claire linger in the hopes of running into Adam?
(a) A bar.
(b) A grocery.
(c) A coffee shop.
(d) A book store.
6. In what city does Claire live?
7. What missing items is Helen looking for before going on a college trip?
8. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
9. What is the purpose of Claire's trip into town?
(a) To get a haircut.
(b) To shop for clothes.
(c) To send some flowers.
(d) To buy a bike.
10. Why does Claire decide to leave the coffee shop?
(a) She wants James' undivided attention.
(b) She is running late.
(c) Kate is getting fussy.
(d) She has more shopping to do.
11. What is the prevalent theme in the first section of the novel?
12. How does Claire pay for her purchases in town?
(c) James' credit card.
(d) Gift cards.
13. When does Claire's mother think Adam would be available?
(a) In about 10 years.
(b) After he graduates.
(c) After Helen tosses him aside.
(d) When he gets a better job.
14. How old is Denise?
15. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire call a period of two weeks when she had extreme mood swings in her parents home?
2. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
3. What does Claire ask the doctor about herself?
4. What does Claire's husband tell her on the day she gives birth to their daughter?
5. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)