|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of meals does Claire's mother usually feed her family?
(a) Fast food meals.
(b) Frozen dinners.
(c) Take out food.
(d) Home cooked meals.
2. What does Claire ask the doctor about herself?
(a) Why she is having heart palpitations.
(b) If she has high cholesterol.
(c) If she can have some sleeping pills.
(d) When she can have sex again.
3. What do Claire's parents always hide in the house?
4. What is the profession of the person in #64?
5. What is the prevalent theme in the first section of the novel?
6. Why does James not take Claire's call when she phones at his office?
(a) He is in a meeting.
(b) He is away for a week.
(c) He is out to lunch.
(d) He is gone for the day.
7. What does Claire do when a romantic story comes on television?
(a) Eats ice cream.
(b) Throws a vase.
(c) Cries for hours.
(d) Goes to bed.
8. What does Adam say to Claire that unnerves her?
(a) Their child would have blue eyes.
(b) That it is no wonder that her husband dumped her.
(c) That she has a great body.
(d) That her dress is too tight.
9. When does Claire's mother think Adam would be available?
(a) After Helen tosses him aside.
(b) After he graduates.
(c) When he gets a better job.
(d) In about 10 years.
10. Why is Adam kind of annoyed with Claire when they meet?
(a) She brought a friend with her.
(b) She was really late.
(c) She never showed up.
(d) She jumped to conclusions about his intentions.
11. To what city is Helen traveling for her college trip?
12. What do Claire and Adam eat with their coffee?
13. What do Claire, Helen and Anna eat while talking in Helen's room?
(b) Chocolate bars.
(d) Potato chips.
14. Why does Claire go to Helen's room after supper?
(a) She wants to borrow a sweater.
(b) She is hoping Helen will say something about Adam.
(c) She wants to talk about their parents.
(d) She wants to listen to her stereo.
15. Where does Claire think James really is when he does not take her call?
(a) At lunch.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) Playing tennis.
(d) The Caribbean.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
2. Why does Claire think that Adam really doesn't want to talk to her when she runs into him?
3. Where does Claire decide that she will move?
4. What dish does Claire prepare for the family dinner?
5. What is Laura's advice to Claire?
This section contains 461 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)