|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
(a) Rude ticket agents.
(b) Terrorist attacks.
(c) Not making her connecting flight.
(d) That her bags would be stolen.
2. What dish does Claire prepare for the family dinner?
(a) Steak salad.
(c) Pasta with pesto sauce.
(d) Lamb chops.
3. In what city does Claire live?
4. Why does James not take Claire's call when she phones at his office?
(a) He is in a meeting.
(b) He is away for a week.
(c) He is out to lunch.
(d) He is gone for the day.
5. What realization does Claire arrive at in Chapter 12?
(a) She needs to act more responsibly.
(b) She wants to go back to school.
(c) She will always love James.
(d) She never loved James.
6. What does Claire do when a romantic story comes on television?
(a) Goes to bed.
(b) Throws a vase.
(c) Eats ice cream.
(d) Cries for hours.
7. What does Claire take Kate to town to purchase?
(a) A birthday gift for Adam.
(b) Toys for Kate.
(c) Clothes for Kate.
(d) Baby shoes for Kate.
8. Why is Adam kind of annoyed with Claire when they meet?
(a) She never showed up.
(b) She brought a friend with her.
(c) She was really late.
(d) She jumped to conclusions about his intentions.
9. Who is Denise?
(a) Claire's college roommate.
(b) James' ex-wife.
(c) Claire's best friend.
(d) James' lover.
10. Who interrupts Claire and Adam as they are talking?
(b) A cell call from James.
(c) The waitress.
(d) Three girls.
11. Who is the young man that Helen brings home for dinner?
12. Who calls Claire and wants to see her?
13. Who takes care of the errands to get things for Claire's baby?
(a) Claire's mother.
14. Who is Mr. Andrucetti?
(a) The local butcher.
(b) Denise's husband.
(c) Claire's husband.
(d) The postman.
15. With whom does Claire talk about her life until the wee hours of the morning?
(d) Her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Claire ask the doctor about herself?
2. What name does Claire give her newborn daughter?
3. What is the one thing Claire would not change about the life she had with James?
4. What does Claire's mother think that Helen needs in her life now?
5. What bad habit intensifies during this bad period for Claire?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)