Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which one of Claire's sisters is the free-spirited one?
2. Claire sends Helen out to buy _______________.
3. What does Claire want to do to James and Denise?
(a) Trash their apartment.
(b) Kill them.
(c) Slash their tires.
(d) Wish them well.
4. How does Claire feel about meeting Adam?
5. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
(a) May 7.
(b) September 15.
(c) February 15.
(d) June 25.
6. Where does Laura meet the person in #62?
(a) A concert.
(b) The grocery.
(c) A pub.
(d) A coffee shop.
7. What is Anna's job?
(a) She is a hair stylist.
(b) She doesn't have a regular job.
(c) She is an editor.
(d) She is a flight attendant.
8. Who is Helen?
(a) Claire's housekeeper.
(b) Claire's business partner.
(c) Claire's personal chef.
(d) Claire's younger sister.
9. When does Claire's mother think Adam would be available?
(a) After Helen tosses him aside.
(b) After he graduates.
(c) In about 10 years.
(d) When he gets a better job.
10. How does Claire feel about James at this point?
(a) She is madly in love with him.
(b) She hates him.
(c) She feels nothing for him.
(d) She still has feelings for him.
11. What is the purpose of Claire's trip into town?
(a) To shop for clothes.
(b) To buy a bike.
(c) To send some flowers.
(d) To get a haircut.
12. Why does James not take Claire's call when she phones at his office?
(a) He is in a meeting.
(b) He is away for a week.
(c) He is out to lunch.
(d) He is gone for the day.
13. How does Claire feel about Adam?
(a) She is attracted to him.
(b) She thinks Helen can do better.
(c) She thinks he is a nice kid.
(d) She thinks he is a lowlife.
14. Who does Claire take with her to town?
(d) Her mother.
15. What does Claire find amazing about the night she meets Adam?
(a) She had been missing male attention.
(b) She loves to flirt.
(c) She can feel like a girl again.
(d) She doesn't think about James.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Adam invite Claire?
2. What is the prevalent theme in the first section of the novel?
3. What does Claire's mother think that Claire needs in her life right now?
4. What is Claire frightened of at the Dublin airport?
5. Who is Judy?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)