|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 31 to Chapter 35.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does James essentially blame for his affair with Denise?
(a) His mother.
2. Why does Claire cry after James leaves?
(a) James did not say he loves Kate.
(b) James was verbally abusive.
(c) James did not suggest a reconciliation.
(d) James no longer loves her.
3. What does Claire wonder about her relationship with James if she were to go back to him?
(a) If he would be tender with her.
(b) If they would have more children.
(c) If he would cheat again.
(d) If she could lean on him.
4. Why does Claire not call James on the day he is to return to the office?
(a) She is not in the mood for a confrontation.
(b) She lets her lawyer make all the calls.
(c) She forgets because she is preoccupied with Adam.
(d) She wants to make a surprise visit instead.
5. Why do Claire and Adam go to his bedroom?
(a) To make love.
(b) To listen to music.
(c) To watch TV.
(d) To study.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Claire's state of mind as she settles in at her parents' home?
2. What does Claire do when a romantic story comes on television?
3. What is the prevalent theme in the first section of the novel?
4. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
5. What time has James promised to call Claire?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)