Prologue to Chapter 5
1. How old is Claire Webster as the novel begins?
2. What date is Claire talking about as the novel opens?
(a) February 15.
(b) June 25.
(c) September 15.
(d) May 7.
3. In what city does Claire live?
4. What is Claire's husband's name?
5. What does Claire's husband tell her on the day she gives birth to their daughter?
(a) He loves her with all his heart.
(b) He wants another child as soon as possible.
(c) He thinks their daughter is beautiful.
(d) He is leaving her for an older woman.
6. Who is Judy?
(a) James' lover.
(b) Claire's best friend.
(c) James' ex-wife.
(d) Claire's sister.
7. Who is Denise?
(a) Claire's college roommate.
(b) James' ex-wife.
(c) James' lover.
(d) Claire's best friend.
8. How old is Denise?
9. Where does Claire decide that she will move?
(d) New York.
10. Who is Mr. Andrucetti?
(a) The postman.
(b) Denise's husband.
(c) Claire's husband.
(d) The local butcher.
This section contains 3,987 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)