|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sacred Horse treat Waterlily?
(a) With patience and kindness.
(c) Like an idiot.
(d) He will not speak to her.
2. What does the young boy promise in sacrifice to the spirit during the dance?
(a) The life of his sister.
(b) One hundred pieces of flesh.
(c) A buffalo.
(d) His soul.
3. What does Waterlily realize after Sacred Horse dies in Chapter 17?
(a) He was very wealthy.
(b) She could have been a better wife to him.
(c) She caused his death.
(d) She is glad he is dead.
4. What kills Waterlily at the end of Chapter 17?
(c) Little Chief.
5. Who is Waterlily's cousin that is mentioned in Chapter 12?
(a) Buffalo Fist.
(b) Black Eagle.
(c) Star Elk.
(d) Leaping Fawn.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Waterlily and Little Bear find Little Bear's mother, Echo, in Chapter 16?
2. What did Gloku teach Waterlily to be?
3. What makes Waterlily feel guilty about the way her marriage to Sacred Horse started?
4. In Chapter 17, why can't Waterlily tell Lowanla the truth about their first meeting?
5. What disease does Sacred Horse and his immediate family have at the start of Chapter 16?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Waterlily returns to Good Hunter's camp in Chapter 17, who does she stay with, why, and what does she learn about herself?
2. How do Waterlily and her cousin help with the second part of the Sun Dance ceremony, and why are they allowed this honor?
3. How does meeting Red Leaf's parents affect Waterlily's relationship with her husband?
4. Why does Leaping Fawn have a Virgin's Fire, and what happens during the ceremony?
5. In Chapter 13, how does Waterlily feel about her marriage proposal, what does she decide, and why?
6. How does Waterlily feel after watching Lowanla make his sacrifice and continue to dance, and what happens when she tries to bring him water?
7. Describe the interactions between Waterlily and Lowanla in Chapter 17, leading up to their engagement.
8. Who does Waterlily marry in Chapter 13, how does she know him, and how does he treat her?
9. What happens at the same time Waterlily's son is born, and what does she name her son?
10. Who is Red Leaf, and why is Waterlily happy to meet his parents in Chapter 15?
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)