|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sacred Horse begin to see when they start spending time with Red Leaf's family?
(a) A way to profit from his marriage.
(b) That Waterlily is in love with Red Leaf.
(c) He does not love Waterlily.
(d) The real Waterlily.
2. What had Waterlily hoped the first time she saw Lowanla?
(a) She would one day marry him.
(b) That he would be quiet.
(c) She would never see him again.
(d) That Sacred Horse would kill him.
3. What are Black Eagle and his family trying to find before the ghostkeeping in Chapter 13?
(a) Gloku's money.
(b) Somewhere else to live.
(c) Replacement horses.
(d) A singer for the ceremony.
4. What does Good Hunter suggest to stop the disease spreading through the people in Chapter 15?
(a) They fast for fourteen days.
(b) They break off into small groups.
(c) They kill all the women and children.
(d) They gather the sick and drown them.
5. What does Waterlily vow to do regarding sneaking away in Chapter 11?
(a) To do it again as soon as possible.
(b) To never sneak away again.
(c) To never tell anyone about it.
(d) To take Little Chief with her next time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has Lowanla come to do in Chapter 17?
2. Why is Waterlily not interested in remarrying in Chapter 17?
3. What happens to the two horses before the ghostkeeping?
4. Who dies during Gloku's ghostkeeping ceremony?
5. What is Rainbow being considered for soon after the Buffalo Ceremony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who is Red Leaf, and why is Waterlily happy to meet his parents in Chapter 15?
2. Why does Lowanla ask if Waterlily was the girl who offered him water at the Sun Dance, and how does Waterlily respond?
3. Who arranges for Waterlily to visit her family's camp circle, how is the visit arranged, and how does Waterlily feel about it?
4. Describe the interactions between Waterlily and Lowanla in Chapter 17, leading up to their engagement.
5. Why is it important that Rainbow is selected for the Kit Fox Society, and how does Palani react when he learns of this?
6. What happens to the two American horses Black Eagle had been saving for Gloku's ghostkeeping, and what opportunity arises to rectify the issue?
7. Describe the story that Yankton tells while Sacred Horse and Waterlily are at the tipi of Red Leaf's parents.
8. What story about a young boy moves Waterlily in Chapter 11?
9. What is the significance of a Buffalo Ceremony, and why does Rainbow give one for Waterlily?
10. How does meeting Red Leaf's parents affect Waterlily's relationship with her husband?
This section contains 982 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)