|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What can anyone question during the event Waterlily's cousin holds?
(a) The validity of the engagement.
(b) Their faith in God.
(c) The girls' honor.
(d) Their importance to the tribe.
2. Why is Waterlily happy Red Leaf's family is in the camp circle?
(a) Red Leaf's mother is a great cook.
(b) She is no longer the new person in the camp circle.
(c) She has new people to sing with her.
(d) She can be herself around them because they are like her family.
3. Who is Red Leaf?
(a) A dying man Waterlily finds in the woods.
(b) A journeyman hunter.
(c) A very close friend of Waterlily's brother, Ohiya.
(d) Waterlily's new husband.
4. Where is the war party Waterlily is to travel with headed?
(a) To her family's camp circle.
(b) The wilderness of the north.
(c) To a war in which she must fight.
(d) They have no destination.
5. How long can a Dakota ghostkeeping last?
(a) Three hours.
(b) From dusk until dawn.
(c) Months or even years.
(d) One whole day.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Waterlily respond to Lowanla's question about who she is in Chapter 17?
2. Who does Lowanla ask Waterlily if she was in Chapter 17?
3. What is given in the name of the dead to end the ghostkeeping?
4. Who dies during Gloku's ghostkeeping ceremony?
5. Who is the leader of Sacred Horse's camp circle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Lowanla ask if Waterlily was the girl who offered him water at the Sun Dance, and how does Waterlily respond?
2. Describe the camp circle of Waterlily's new husband and new family in Chapter 14?
3. What story about a young boy moves Waterlily in Chapter 11?
4. Who gets sick in Chapter 16, with what illness, and what happens while the rest of the family awaits word from the camp circle?
5. Who does Waterlily marry in Chapter 13, how does she know him, and how does he treat her?
6. When Sacred Horse tells his friend about the distance between him and his wife, what does Sacred Horse's friend suggest?
7. When everyone in the camp circle starts getting sick and dying what does Good Hunter tell Sacred Horse to do, and why?
8. What happens at the same time Waterlily's son is born, and what does she name her son?
9. In Chapter 14, what does Waterlily learn about her grandfather, and how does she feel about this news?
10. What happens that causes Blue Bird to talk to Waterlily about the proper ways to be courted by a young man, and why does Blue bird feel this is so important?
This section contains 918 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)