|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Waterlily and Little Bear find Little Bear's mother, Echo, in Chapter 16?
(a) Tied to a stake.
(b) Scalped and barely alive.
(d) They don't because she has disappeared.
2. What does Waterlily realize after Sacred Horse dies in Chapter 17?
(a) She caused his death.
(b) She is glad he is dead.
(c) She could have been a better wife to him.
(d) He was very wealthy.
3. What does the family in the story do instead of avenging their son's death in Chapter 15?
(a) Pray for his forgiveness.
(b) Leave the camp circle.
(c) Commit suicide.
(d) They buy the killer gifts and welcome him into their family.
4. How does Waterlily respond to Lowanla's question about who she is in Chapter 17?
(a) She leaves him.
(b) She laughs at him.
(c) She says she has no idea what she is talking about.
(d) She refuses to tell him the truth.
5. How do Sacred Horse and Waterlily walk home after the storytelling in Chapter 15?
(a) The long way.
(b) They run the whole way.
(c) Holding Hands.
(d) Stumbling because they are drunk.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Waterlily happy Red Leaf's family is in the camp circle?
2. What do the women of the camp sneak and offer the men during the dance in Chapter 11?
3. Who is Waterlily's cousin that is mentioned in Chapter 12?
4. What does finding her social parents do for Waterlily?
5. What does Blue Bird tell Waterlily about when they return to their camp circle in Chapter 12?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Sacred Horse tells his friend about the distance between him and his wife, what does Sacred Horse's friend suggest?
2. What happens during the first part of the Sun Dance ceremony in Chapter 10, and what particularly captures Waterlily's attention?
3. When everyone in the camp circle starts getting sick and dying what does Good Hunter tell Sacred Horse to do, and why?
4. How does meeting Red Leaf's parents affect Waterlily's relationship with her husband?
5. Describe the camp circle of Waterlily's new husband and new family in Chapter 14?
6. What happens that causes Blue Bird to talk to Waterlily about the proper ways to be courted by a young man, and why does Blue bird feel this is so important?
7. When Waterlily returns to Good Hunter's camp in Chapter 17, who does she stay with, why, and what does she learn about herself?
8. Why do women sneak water to their husbands and boyfriends during the Sun Dance, and how does Waterlily feel about this?
9. Who is Red Leaf, and why is Waterlily happy to meet his parents in Chapter 15?
10. What happens at the same time Waterlily's son is born, and what does she name her son?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)