|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What surprise does Rainbow have for Blue Bird in Chapter 5, concerning their trip?
(a) He is not going on the trip.
(b) He is taking her out of the country.
(c) His parents are chaperoning them.
(d) The secluded spot he has chosen to camp.
2. How does Gloku treat Waterlily compared to her biological grandchildren?
(a) Much better than her biological grandchildren.
(b) No different at all.
(c) She excludes Waterlily as much as possible.
(d) She teaches them to make fun of Waterlily.
3. What happens to Blue Bir'ds newborn baby when Waterlily leaves his side in Chapter 7?
(a) He begins to speak in tongues.
(b) A snake crawls into the tipi and coils around the baby.
(c) He is kidnapped.
(d) He awakes crying and hungry.
4. What does Blue Bird believe is the significance of the unseen voice she hears after praying for her daughter in Chapter 3?
(a) She has developed a high fever and is hallucinating.
(b) Her prayers will be answered.
(c) Her husband is eavesdropping on her.
(d) She believes it a sign to run from the camp immediately.
5. What name does Rainbow give Blue Bird's new baby?
(b) Water Horse.
(d) Stallion Breath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does this book, "Waterlily", tell the reader about the Dakota women?
2. What does Gloku do with the children's rocks in Chapter 5?
3. How do the Dakotas feel about their siblings' accomplishments?
4. What does Gloku take every opportunity to do to Blue Bird in Chapter 6?
5. What does Blue Bird's grandmother spend her days doing once they return to their family's camp circle?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Waterlily leaves Ohiya for a moment in Chapter 7, what happens and how is this rectified?
2. Describe Blue Bird's marriage to Star Elk.
3. Why does Blue Bird find it hard to adjust to returning to her own camp circle?
4. How does the camp circle feel about Star Elk's actions against Blue Bird, and what does Star Elk do as a result?
5. What does Little Chief do as he grows older in Chapter 7?
6. How does Little Chief join the war party, and how does he help?
7. How did Blue Bird's grandmother feel when she learned that Blue Bird had agreed to marry Star Elk?
8. In Chapter 1, what does Blue Bird name her child, and why?
9. Describe Waterlily's hunka celebrations and the preparations that are made for it.
10. How does Gloku and the rest of the camp circle feel about Rainbow's marriage to Blue Bird?
This section contains 898 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)