|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Rainbow go to visit in a far off camp circle in Chapter 10?
(a) His great grandfather.
(b) His friend Palani.
(c) His brother Star Elk.
(d) An ancient healer.
2. Who has Ohiya taken a vow of fellowship with?
(a) Star Elk.
(b) Red Leaf.
(c) Sacred Horse.
3. What are Black Eagle and his family trying to find before the ghostkeeping in Chapter 13?
(a) Somewhere else to live.
(b) Gloku's money.
(c) A singer for the ceremony.
(d) Replacement horses.
4. What would Rainbow and his best friend be willing to do for each other?
(a) Kill the chief.
(b) Leave the tribe.
(c) Die for each other.
(d) Denounce God.
5. Who is Waterlily's cousin that is mentioned in Chapter 12?
(a) Buffalo Fist.
(b) Star Elk.
(c) Leaping Fawn.
(d) Black Eagle.
6. Why has Good Hunter destroyed most of the camp circle in Chapter 16?
(a) He has turned traitor.
(b) As a sacrifice.
(c) To try and get rid of the smallpox.
(d) He has gone mad.
7. Who is the leader of Sacred Horse's camp circle?
(a) Good Hunter.
(c) Sacred Horse.
(d) Red Leaf.
8. What makes Waterlily very happy in Chapter 17?
(a) A letter from Sacred Horse.
(b) The demise of their enemies.
(c) Her marriage to Lowanla.
(d) An abundant crop of corn.
9. What is Rainbow being considered for soon after the Buffalo Ceremony?
(a) The chief of the tribe.
(b) The Kit Fox society.
(c) The head of the hunting parties.
(d) The shaman of the tribe.
10. How long is the vow of fellowship taken by Dakota men to last for?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) A week and a half.
(c) For life.
(d) One full moon cycle.
11. What does Waterlily notice while watching the singers in the celebration in Chapter 10?
(a) Her own rapid heartbeat.
(b) A boy with exceptional singing talent for his age.
(c) The tumultuous cloud formations in the sky.
(d) Two of the singers are not actually signing.
12. What type of horses does Black Eagle have at the start of Chapter 13?
(a) Winged horses.
(b) American horses.
(c) Chestnut mares.
(d) Shetland ponies.
13. What news does Waterlily receive about her grandfather in Chapter 14?
(a) He has wandered off from the camp circle.
(b) He has found a large sum of money.
(c) He is angered with her.
(d) He is sick and dying.
14. Who does Waterlily sneak away to see during the dance in Chapter 11?
(b) Blue Bird.
(c) Little Chief.
15. What selfless act did Gloku do for Waterlily?
(a) Sacrificed herself to God.
(b) Went without eating to feed Waterlily.
(c) Jumped in front of an attacker.
(d) She raised her as her own.
Short Answer Questions
1. What follows the singing in the celebration in Chapter 11?
2. What does Sacred Horse begin to see when they start spending time with Red Leaf's family?
3. Who does Sacred Horse's cousin say will marry Waterlily in Chapter 17?
4. What does Good Hunter suggest to stop the disease spreading through the people in Chapter 15?
5. How does Sacred Horse treat Waterlily?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)