|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sacred Horse begin to see when they start spending time with Red Leaf's family?
(a) That Waterlily is in love with Red Leaf.
(b) He does not love Waterlily.
(c) The real Waterlily.
(d) A way to profit from his marriage.
2. How long is the vow of fellowship taken by Dakota men to last for?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) A week and a half.
(c) For life.
(d) One full moon cycle.
3. Why is the young boy going to be part of the dance in Chapter 11?
(a) He has prayed for his dying father.
(b) His father is chief of the tribe.
(c) He can out dance everyone in the tribe.
(d) His mother begged the chief to let him do it.
4. How does Waterlily respond to Lowanla's question about who she is in Chapter 17?
(a) She laughs at him.
(b) She leaves him.
(c) She says she has no idea what she is talking about.
(d) She refuses to tell him the truth.
5. What does Waterlily vow to do regarding sneaking away in Chapter 11?
(a) To do it again as soon as possible.
(b) To never tell anyone about it.
(c) To never sneak away again.
(d) To take Little Chief with her next time.
6. What does Waterlily notice while watching the singers in the celebration in Chapter 10?
(a) Two of the singers are not actually signing.
(b) Her own rapid heartbeat.
(c) A boy with exceptional singing talent for his age.
(d) The tumultuous cloud formations in the sky.
7. What happens at the same time Waterlily's grandfather dies?
(a) A buffalo enters the camp circle.
(b) Waterlily dies also.
(c) Black Eagle dies as well.
(d) Waterlily gives birth to a son.
8. What celebration is going on when Rainbow and family arrive at the far off camp circle in Chapter 10?
(a) A rain dance celebration.
(b) A sun dance celebration.
(c) A sacrifice to the Gods.
(d) A thanksgiving feast.
9. Who is Waterlily's cousin that is mentioned in Chapter 12?
(a) Buffalo Fist.
(b) Star Elk.
(c) Black Eagle.
(d) Leaping Fawn.
10. What has shamed the girl Waterlily and Blue Bird learn about in Chapter 12?
(a) She had ruined a prayer ceremony.
(b) Her parents are criminals.
(c) She cannot swim across the river.
(d) She had eloped and not been to see her husband's parents.
11. Who does Lowanla ask Waterlily if she was in Chapter 17?
(a) The girl at the Sun Dance.
(b) The girl he saw riding across the plains.
(c) The girl in all the rumors he had heard.
(d) The ghost of his mother.
12. Where is the war party Waterlily is to travel with headed?
(a) To her family's camp circle.
(b) They have no destination.
(c) The wilderness of the north.
(d) To a war in which she must fight.
13. What happens two months after Mitawa is born?
(a) He is killed by a snake.
(b) A prophet arrives at the camp.
(c) He is kidnapped by Star Elk.
(d) A man who looks like Sacred Horse rides into the camp.
14. Who has Ohiya taken a vow of fellowship with?
(a) Sacred Horse.
(b) Red Leaf.
(d) Star Elk.
15. What disease does Sacred Horse and his immediate family have at the start of Chapter 16?
(d) The Bubonic plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Rainbow go to visit in a far off camp circle in Chapter 10?
2. What does Waterlily's cousin have because a boy claims she agreed to marry him?
3. What does the word Mitawa mean in Dakota?
4. How do Waterlily and Little Bear find Little Bear's mother, Echo, in Chapter 16?
5. What makes Waterlily very happy in Chapter 17?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)