|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sacred Horse and his group told to wait for from Good Hunter?
(a) His last will and testament.
(b) A smoke signal.
(c) Word that the sickness has passed.
(d) A battle cry.
2. What does the boy who Waterlily's cousin supposedly agreed to marry realize in Chapter 12?
(a) He is in love with Waterlily.
(b) His parents have disowned him.
(c) He has mistaken her for someone else.
(d) He must leave the tribe immediately.
3. What does Waterlily discover in Chapter 17?
(a) An abandoned mine shaft.
(b) She loves Red Leaf.
(c) She is pregnant with Sacred Horse's child.
(d) She has the smallpox.
4. What are Black Eagle and his family trying to find before the ghostkeeping in Chapter 13?
(a) Replacement horses.
(b) A singer for the ceremony.
(c) Somewhere else to live.
(d) Gloku's money.
5. What is Rainbow being considered for soon after the Buffalo Ceremony?
(a) The shaman of the tribe.
(b) The chief of the tribe.
(c) The Kit Fox society.
(d) The head of the hunting parties.
6. How does Sacred Horse treat Waterlily?
(b) He will not speak to her.
(c) Like an idiot.
(d) With patience and kindness.
7. What does the family decide to have instead of a burial when Gloku dies?
(a) A ghostkeeping.
(b) A feast in which all tribes are fed.
(c) A cremation.
(d) A party to celebrate.
8. What happens to the two horses before the ghostkeeping?
(a) They each break a leg.
(b) They are stolen one night.
(c) They ingest poisonous mushrooms.
(d) They die.
9. Who is Red Leaf?
(a) A very close friend of Waterlily's brother, Ohiya.
(b) A journeyman hunter.
(c) Waterlily's new husband.
(d) A dying man Waterlily finds in the woods.
10. What celebration is going on when Rainbow and family arrive at the far off camp circle in Chapter 10?
(a) A sun dance celebration.
(b) A thanksgiving feast.
(c) A rain dance celebration.
(d) A sacrifice to the Gods.
11. What has happened to Little Chief while Waterlily has been away?
(a) He has become Big Chief.
(b) He has gotten married.
(c) He has been killed.
(d) He has fallen ill.
12. What does finding her social parents do for Waterlily?
(a) Make her insane.
(b) Put more of a burden on her.
(c) Free her from a loveless marriage.
(d) Ease her homesickness.
13. Why is Waterlily happy Red Leaf's family is in the camp circle?
(a) Red Leaf's mother is a great cook.
(b) She has new people to sing with her.
(c) She is no longer the new person in the camp circle.
(d) She can be herself around them because they are like her family.
14. Why does Waterlily show no emotion when meeting her future husband in Chapter 17?
(a) She plans to run away as soon as possible.
(b) She is still grieving for Sacred Horse.
(c) She believes he is a spy.
(d) She cannot stand the man.
15. What disease does Sacred Horse and his immediate family have at the start of Chapter 16?
(b) The Bubonic plague.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do the elders feel about Rainbow's decision to go visit his best friend?
2. Who dies during Gloku's ghostkeeping ceremony?
3. Who comes to tell stories while Waterlily is at Red Leaf's family's tipi in Chapter 15?
4. What do the women of the camp sneak and offer the men during the dance in Chapter 11?
5. How does Waterlily respond to Lowanla's question about who she is in Chapter 17?
This section contains 596 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)