|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens at the same time Waterlily's grandfather dies?
(a) Black Eagle dies as well.
(b) Waterlily dies also.
(c) Waterlily gives birth to a son.
(d) A buffalo enters the camp circle.
2. What does the young man in the Sun Dance do when Waterlily offers him something while he is dancing in Chapter 11?
(a) Knocks it out of her hand.
(b) Leaves the dance with her immediately.
(c) Laughs at her.
(d) Ignores her.
3. How does Sacred Horse treat Waterlily?
(a) Like an idiot.
(b) He will not speak to her.
(d) With patience and kindness.
4. Who has Ohiya taken a vow of fellowship with?
(b) Star Elk.
(c) Red Leaf.
(d) Sacred Horse.
5. What does Waterlily do as soon as the ghostkeeping is over in Chapter 13?
(a) Leave the camp circle with her new husband's two mothers.
(b) Run and hide in the woods.
(c) Try to commit suicide.
(d) Weep for days.
6. What does Sacred Horse begin to see when they start spending time with Red Leaf's family?
(a) That Waterlily is in love with Red Leaf.
(b) A way to profit from his marriage.
(c) He does not love Waterlily.
(d) The real Waterlily.
7. What does Sacred Horse's friend suggest he do about the problems with Waterlily in Chapter 15?
(a) Divorce her.
(b) Teach her his language.
(c) Kill her.
(d) Move back among her people.
8. What makes Waterlily very happy in Chapter 17?
(a) A letter from Sacred Horse.
(b) An abundant crop of corn.
(c) The demise of their enemies.
(d) Her marriage to Lowanla.
9. What do the two women want from Black Eagle and his family in exchange for the two horses in Chapter 13?
(a) Black Eagle's servitude.
(b) Two cows.
(c) A new tipi.
(d) Waterlily to marry their son.
10. How did Waterlily act when she saw Sacred Horse while getting water?
(a) She ran and hid.
(b) She showed no interest as her mother taught her to do.
(c) She giggled with her friends.
(d) She carried his water for him.
11. How does Rainbow's best friend refer to Gloku?
(a) Her grace.
(b) Aunt Gloku.
(c) He refuses to speak to her.
(d) As mother.
12. Who greets Waterlily when she returns home in Chapter 17?
(a) Star Elk.
(b) Her whole family except Little Chief.
(c) Red Leaf and his children.
(d) No one; her home is gone.
13. Who is Red Leaf?
(a) A very close friend of Waterlily's brother, Ohiya.
(b) A dying man Waterlily finds in the woods.
(c) A journeyman hunter.
(d) Waterlily's new husband.
14. Who does Rainbow go to visit in a far off camp circle in Chapter 10?
(a) An ancient healer.
(b) His great grandfather.
(c) His friend Palani.
(d) His brother Star Elk.
15. What is Waterlily adjusting to at the start of Chapter 14?
(a) Her new family and camp circle.
(b) The dry heat of summer.
(c) The new moccasins she received.
(d) Being the leader of the camp circle.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do Sacred Horse's mothers seem to get along?
2. What would Rainbow and his best friend be willing to do for each other?
3. What is Gloku known for in the camp circle?
4. What does the word Mitawa mean in Dakota?
5. Where is the war party Waterlily is to travel with headed?
This section contains 561 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)