|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Little Chief given after one of his first training sessions?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A slingshot.
(c) A tipi of his own.
(d) His first horse.
2. In the story that Black Eagle's family hears in Chapter 6, what did the buffalo do when the tribe was starving?
(a) Desert the plains and remain out of site until the winter was over.
(b) Stampede through a hunting party.
(c) Die of starvation as well.
(d) Enter the camp and allow enough of them to be killed to avoid the tribe starving.
3. What has happened to Little Chief while Waterlily has been away?
(a) He has become Big Chief.
(b) He has been killed.
(c) He has gotten married.
(d) He has fallen ill.
4. What does Woyaka believe the buffalo are to the Dakota?
(a) A pest to be exterminated.
(b) They are brothers.
(c) Their lords and masters.
(d) The sign of the devil.
5. What happens after Blue Bird and her grandmother wander alone for a few days in Chapter 2?
(a) They are haunted by several ghosts.
(b) They find a camp circle that welcomes them in.
(c) They learn to hunt and fish.
(d) They come to a town where they find a hotel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Blue Bird's sister-in-laws' loyalty belong to ultimately?
2. What name does Rainbow give Blue Bird's new baby?
3. What does the family decide to have instead of a burial when Gloku dies?
4. What does Blue Bird believe is the significance of the unseen voice she hears after praying for her daughter in Chapter 3?
5. What happens two months after Mitawa is born?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)