|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waterlily notice while watching the singers in the celebration in Chapter 10?
(a) Her own rapid heartbeat.
(b) The tumultuous cloud formations in the sky.
(c) Two of the singers are not actually signing.
(d) A boy with exceptional singing talent for his age.
2. Why is Waterlily happy Red Leaf's family is in the camp circle?
(a) She has new people to sing with her.
(b) She can be herself around them because they are like her family.
(c) She is no longer the new person in the camp circle.
(d) Red Leaf's mother is a great cook.
3. How long is the vow of fellowship taken by Dakota men to last for?
(a) For life.
(b) Twelve years.
(c) One full moon cycle.
(d) A week and a half.
4. How does Rainbow's best friend refer to Gloku?
(a) As mother.
(b) Aunt Gloku.
(c) He refuses to speak to her.
(d) Her grace.
5. What is Waterlily starting to understand as she grows into an adult?
(a) The burden she has put on her mother.
(b) How to cook properly.
(c) Her role as a slave to the men of the tribe.
(d) The significance of Dakota traditions and her place in them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why has Good Hunter destroyed most of the camp circle in Chapter 16?
2. In Chapter 8, what is six-year-old Waterlily left to do while her grandmother goes out for the day?
3. What does Rainbow ask his parents to borrow in Chapter 4?
4. What does Rainbow hear while sitting around the campfire on the hunting trip in Chapter 9?
5. What happens to the two horses before the ghostkeeping?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)