|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kills Waterlily at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Little Chief.
2. Why is the young boy going to be part of the dance in Chapter 11?
(a) He has prayed for his dying father.
(b) His mother begged the chief to let him do it.
(c) His father is chief of the tribe.
(d) He can out dance everyone in the tribe.
3. In Chapter 8, what is six-year-old Waterlily left to do while her grandmother goes out for the day?
(a) Clean the tipi.
(b) Chop the firewood for the night.
(c) Hunt that night's dinner.
(d) Care for her blind grandfather.
4. How many brothers were on the hunting trip with Blue Bird when she was a child?
(b) None; she is an only child.
5. What doesn't seem to help Waterlily's illness at all in Chapter 3?
(a) Any of the medicines the women of the tribe suggest her mother tried.
(b) Small sips of cool water given to her by her mother.
(c) Several people singing to her.
(d) The medicines given to her mother by a shaman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the family decide to have instead of a burial when Gloku dies?
2. Why are Waterlily and her cousin allowed to participate in cutting down the Sacred Tree?
3. What does Waterlily spend time doing when she returns to her own camp circle in Chapter 17?
4. What is Rainbow going to do to Waterlily because he is so glad she is alive?
5. Who does Lowanla ask Waterlily if she was in Chapter 17?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)