|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter Sixteen and Seventeen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waterlily discover in Chapter 17?
(a) An abandoned mine shaft.
(b) She has the smallpox.
(c) She is pregnant with Sacred Horse's child.
(d) She loves Red Leaf.
2. How does Gloku treat Waterlily compared to her biological grandchildren?
(a) No different at all.
(b) Much better than her biological grandchildren.
(c) She teaches them to make fun of Waterlily.
(d) She excludes Waterlily as much as possible.
3. Who does Sacred Horse's cousin say will marry Waterlily in Chapter 17?
(a) No one.
(b) Black Eagle.
(c) Good Hunter.
4. What do the two women want from Black Eagle and his family in exchange for the two horses in Chapter 13?
(a) A new tipi.
(b) Waterlily to marry their son.
(c) Two cows.
(d) Black Eagle's servitude.
5. Why was Blue Bird's grandmother not pleased with Blue Bird's intention to marry Star Elk?
(a) She did not believe in love.
(b) He was known to be lazy and a poor hunter.
(c) She thought he was very ugly.
(d) He was already married to another woman.
Short Answer Questions
1. What celebration is going on when Rainbow and family arrive at the far off camp circle in Chapter 10?
2. Where does Gloku decide to take the children to learn to pray?
3. How does Waterlily respond to Lowanla's question about who she is in Chapter 17?
4. What is Waterlily starting to understand as she grows into an adult?
5. Why are Waterlily and her cousin allowed to participate in cutting down the Sacred Tree?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)