|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Thirteen through Fifteen.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What selfless act did Gloku do for Waterlily?
(a) Went without eating to feed Waterlily.
(b) Jumped in front of an attacker.
(c) She raised her as her own.
(d) Sacrificed herself to God.
2. Why are the men supposed to dance around the tree for several days in Chapter 11?
(a) It is a contest of stamina.
(b) It is entertaining for the rest of the tribe.
(c) So their prayers are answered.
(d) To show themselves to the women of the tribe.
3. What does Gloku's dream tell her that she feels very uneasy about?
(a) In four nights she will be in danger and will be invisible.
(b) The camp circle has been infiltrated by spies.
(c) There will not be enough food for the winter.
(d) Rainbow is cheating on his new wife, Blue Bird.
4. When Dakotas take people into their family, what do they become?
(a) The family's slave.
(b) Part of that family for life.
(c) Marked targets for other tribes.
(d) Outcasts from the rest of the Dakota families.
5. Who does Star Elk summon to be with them when he takes Blue Bird to his family?
(a) The chief of the tribe.
(b) Blue Bird's grandmother.
(c) An Indian spirit god.
(d) Several servants.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Blue Bird at the age of fourteen while picking beans with her grandmother?
2. What is Rainbow being considered for soon after the Buffalo Ceremony?
3. What do the women of the camp sneak and offer the men during the dance in Chapter 11?
4. What does Little Chief want to do that he is refused because he is too young in Chapter 9?
5. In Chapter 8, what is six-year-old Waterlily left to do while her grandmother goes out for the day?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)