|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Little Chief accomplish when Waterlily is twelve years old?
(a) He annoys her to death.
(b) He swims across the river.
(c) He writes his own song.
(d) He kills his first buffalo.
2. What do the people know about Blue Bird despite what is being said about her?
(a) She is stronger than most of the men of the tribe.
(b) She is possessed by a demon.
(c) The kind of person she is.
(d) She can tell the future.
3. What is all Blue Bird is good for, according to Star Elk?
(a) Her wonderful singing voice.
(b) Her beautiful sowing.
(c) To fetch water or fuel.
4. What does Waterlily vow to do regarding sneaking away in Chapter 11?
(a) To do it again as soon as possible.
(b) To never tell anyone about it.
(c) To take Little Chief with her next time.
(d) To never sneak away again.
5. What would a Dakota couple do in place of a traditional wedding ceremony?
(a) The couple would go on a wedding trip, then return and set up a tipi together.
(b) The couple would cut each other's hair off.
(c) They would perform a wedding dance.
(d) The couple would hunt a buffalo together.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Waterlily starting to understand as she grows into an adult?
2. What happens after Blue Bird and her grandmother wander alone for a few days in Chapter 2?
3. What are Rainbow's sisters preparing for Blue Bird's upcoming new baby at the start of Chapter 7?
4. Who taught Waterlily to take pride in Little Chief's accomplishments?
5. While thankful for the help of her sister-in-laws, what is Blue Bird careful to avoid doing?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)