|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Blue Bird name her daughter Waterlily?
(a) She was commanded to by the chief.
(b) She was born near water-lilies and her mother thinks she is as beautiful as the water-lilies.
(c) She could not think of a better name.
(d) It was her grandmother's name.
2. What does Gloku teach the children while they are in her care?
(a) To behave and respect each other.
(b) How to sing.
(c) To speak the English language.
(d) How to shoot a bow and arrow.
3. Who does Blue Bird's sister-in-laws' loyalty belong to ultimately?
(c) Blue Bird.
(d) The chief of the tribe.
4. What does the young man in the Sun Dance do when Waterlily offers him something while he is dancing in Chapter 11?
(a) Knocks it out of her hand.
(b) Leaves the dance with her immediately.
(c) Laughs at her.
(d) Ignores her.
5. What job is given to Little Chief in Chapter 9?
(a) Carrying the bags.
(b) Watering the horses.
(c) Rowing the canoe.
(d) Cleaning the animals that are killed.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Waterlily find outside the tipi that she begins to eat in Chapter 8?
2. What happened to Blue Bird at the age of fourteen while picking beans with her grandmother?
3. What does Blue Bird's mother-in-law think Blue Bird's cousin can help her do?
4. How many brothers were on the hunting trip with Blue Bird when she was a child?
5. Where does the camp stop on the way to their winter location at the start of Chapter 5?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)