|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Ten through Twelve.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Waterlily notice while watching the singers in the celebration in Chapter 10?
(a) Her own rapid heartbeat.
(b) Two of the singers are not actually signing.
(c) A boy with exceptional singing talent for his age.
(d) The tumultuous cloud formations in the sky.
2. What does Gloku teach the children while they are in her care?
(a) How to sing.
(b) To behave and respect each other.
(c) To speak the English language.
(d) How to shoot a bow and arrow.
3. What was given to Blue Bird and her grandmother when they join the camp circle in Chapter 2?
(a) A bodyguard to assure their safety.
(b) The rules of the camp circle.
(c) Everything they needed to live there, including a tipi.
(d) Several diseases including small pox.
4. What does Blue Bird's mother-in-law think Blue Bird's cousin can help her do?
(a) Escape into the wilderness.
(b) Care for the newborn baby.
(c) Find a name for the newborn baby.
(d) Get over Star Elk.
5. What are Dakota women taught is important from early childhood?
(a) Prayer to God.
(b) Keeping a night watch.
(c) Living an honorable life.
(d) Pleasing their husband with cooking.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the men supposed to dance around the tree for several days in Chapter 11?
2. Who comes to take Blue Bird and her grandmother back to their people?
3. What is Gloku known for in the camp circle?
4. What is given in the name of the dead to end the ghostkeeping?
5. What follows the singing in the celebration in Chapter 11?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)