|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Seven through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Little Chief given after one of his first training sessions?
(a) A bow and arrow.
(b) A tipi of his own.
(c) A slingshot.
(d) His first horse.
2. What does this book, "Waterlily", tell the reader about the Dakota women?
(a) Their lives and customs.
(b) The war they waged against Dakota men.
(c) The effect of the telephone on them.
(d) Their rise to government positions.
3. Why does Blue Bird name her daughter Waterlily?
(a) She was commanded to by the chief.
(b) She could not think of a better name.
(c) She was born near water-lilies and her mother thinks she is as beautiful as the water-lilies.
(d) It was her grandmother's name.
4. What does Blue Bird believe is the significance of the unseen voice she hears after praying for her daughter in Chapter 3?
(a) Her husband is eavesdropping on her.
(b) She believes it a sign to run from the camp immediately.
(c) She has developed a high fever and is hallucinating.
(d) Her prayers will be answered.
5. What does Star Elk spend his time doing instead of hunting for food?
(a) He sleeps soundly.
(b) Being jealous of the attention Blue Bird receives from other men.
(c) Looking for a new wife.
(d) Begging from people in the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Star Elk question about Blue Bird twice publicly?
2. What is Rainbow going to do to Waterlily because he is so glad she is alive?
3. What does Blue Bird do immediately after giving birth?
4. What is the name of Blue Bird's third child?
5. Who is Little Chief's father?
This section contains 328 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)