|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Seven through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What would a Dakota couple do in place of a traditional wedding ceremony?
(a) The couple would cut each other's hair off.
(b) The couple would go on a wedding trip, then return and set up a tipi together.
(c) The couple would hunt a buffalo together.
(d) They would perform a wedding dance.
2. What happens after Blue Bird and her grandmother wander alone for a few days in Chapter 2?
(a) They find a camp circle that welcomes them in.
(b) They learn to hunt and fish.
(c) They come to a town where they find a hotel.
(d) They are haunted by several ghosts.
3. How do the Dakotas feel about their siblings' accomplishments?
(a) They feel competitive towards their siblings.
(b) They are so jealous they continuously fight.
(c) They do not have time to notice them usually.
(d) They are as proud as though it were their own accomplishment.
4. Who does Little Chief begin training with?
(a) Bear Heart.
(b) Black Eagle.
(c) The Chief.
5. What does Star Elk spend his time doing instead of hunting for food?
(a) He sleeps soundly.
(b) Being jealous of the attention Blue Bird receives from other men.
(c) Looking for a new wife.
(d) Begging from people in the camp.
Short Answer Questions
1. Now that Little Chief is getting older, who is he spending most of his time with?
2. In Chapter 6, why has the size of the camp circle doubled once they stop for the winter?
3. What does Waterlily love to hear her brother talk about in Chapter 9?
4. What causes Blue Bird to worry Waterlily is going to die in Chapter 3?
5. What was given to Blue Bird and her grandmother when they join the camp circle in Chapter 2?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)