|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Seven through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who wants to give Waterlily a horse in Chapter 4?
(a) Blue Bird's grandmother.
(b) Black Eagle.
(c) Little Chief's grandparents.
(d) The chief of the camp circle.
2. How does Gloku treat Waterlily compared to her biological grandchildren?
(a) No different at all.
(b) She excludes Waterlily as much as possible.
(c) Much better than her biological grandchildren.
(d) She teaches them to make fun of Waterlily.
3. In the story that Black Eagle's family hears in Chapter 6, what did the buffalo do when the tribe was starving?
(a) Stampede through a hunting party.
(b) Desert the plains and remain out of site until the winter was over.
(c) Enter the camp and allow enough of them to be killed to avoid the tribe starving.
(d) Die of starvation as well.
4. What happens to Waterlily after Blue Bird prays for her and returns to camp in Chapter 3?
(a) She is kidnapped by Star Elk.
(b) She begins to speak in tongues.
(c) She fades into a coma and dies.
(d) She begins to get better.
5. Where does Gloku decide to take the children to learn to pray?
(a) The pile of prayers.
(b) To the shaman of the tribe.
(c) To the chapel at Santa Anna.
(d) The waterfall in the river.
Short Answer Questions
1. While thankful for the help of her sister-in-laws, what is Blue Bird careful to avoid doing?
2. What does Star Elk refuse to do in Chapter 3 out of anger towards Blue Bird?
3. What does Gloku do with the children's rocks in Chapter 5?
4. What is Little Chief given after one of his first training sessions?
5. Who do Gloku and her husband believe would be a good husband for Blue Bird?
This section contains 347 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)