|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Seven through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job is given to Little Chief in Chapter 9?
(a) Watering the horses.
(b) Rowing the canoe.
(c) Carrying the bags.
(d) Cleaning the animals that are killed.
2. What does Little Chief accomplish when Waterlily is twelve years old?
(a) He swims across the river.
(b) He annoys her to death.
(c) He writes his own song.
(d) He kills his first buffalo.
3. How do the Dakotas feel about their siblings' accomplishments?
(a) They are as proud as though it were their own accomplishment.
(b) They feel competitive towards their siblings.
(c) They do not have time to notice them usually.
(d) They are so jealous they continuously fight.
4. Who comes to take Blue Bird and her grandmother back to their people?
(a) The chief of her tribe.
(b) The spirit of her father.
(c) Blue Bird's cousin, Black Eagle.
(d) Her estranged husband, Star Elk.
5. What happens after Blue Bird and her grandmother wander alone for a few days in Chapter 2?
(a) They learn to hunt and fish.
(b) They are haunted by several ghosts.
(c) They come to a town where they find a hotel.
(d) They find a camp circle that welcomes them in.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Blue Bird's sister-in-laws' loyalty belong to ultimately?
2. In Chapter 8, what is six-year-old Waterlily left to do while her grandmother goes out for the day?
3. Where does Blue Bird spend the night after Waterlily is born?
4. What is Waterlily learning to be proud of in Chapter 8?
5. What do Dakotas believe they are in relation to all things?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)