|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Seven through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Rainbow's sisters preparing for Blue Bird's upcoming new baby at the start of Chapter 7?
(a) A chest filled with toys.
(b) A name for the baby.
(c) Cradles and clothing for the baby.
(d) A boat to carry the baby down river.
2. What would a Dakota couple do in place of a traditional wedding ceremony?
(a) They would perform a wedding dance.
(b) The couple would hunt a buffalo together.
(c) The couple would go on a wedding trip, then return and set up a tipi together.
(d) The couple would cut each other's hair off.
3. Why does Star Elk treat Blue Bird badly?
(a) He is in love with another woman.
(b) She treats him horribly.
(c) He is jealous of the way other men look at her.
(d) He believes she is possessed by a demon.
4. How does Gloku treat Waterlily compared to her biological grandchildren?
(a) She teaches them to make fun of Waterlily.
(b) She excludes Waterlily as much as possible.
(c) No different at all.
(d) Much better than her biological grandchildren.
5. When Dakotas take people into their family, what do they become?
(a) Outcasts from the rest of the Dakota families.
(b) Part of that family for life.
(c) The family's slave.
(d) Marked targets for other tribes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the people know about Blue Bird despite what is being said about her?
2. Who do Gloku and her husband believe would be a good husband for Blue Bird?
3. What was given to Blue Bird and her grandmother when they join the camp circle in Chapter 2?
4. What does this book, "Waterlily", tell the reader about the Dakota women?
5. Now that Little Chief is getting older, who is he spending most of his time with?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)