|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Seven through Nine.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What doesn't seem to help Waterlily's illness at all in Chapter 3?
(a) Small sips of cool water given to her by her mother.
(b) The medicines given to her mother by a shaman.
(c) Any of the medicines the women of the tribe suggest her mother tried.
(d) Several people singing to her.
2. What would a Dakota couple do in place of a traditional wedding ceremony?
(a) The couple would go on a wedding trip, then return and set up a tipi together.
(b) The couple would hunt a buffalo together.
(c) They would perform a wedding dance.
(d) The couple would cut each other's hair off.
3. In the story that Black Eagle's family hears in Chapter 6, what did the buffalo do when the tribe was starving?
(a) Desert the plains and remain out of site until the winter was over.
(b) Enter the camp and allow enough of them to be killed to avoid the tribe starving.
(c) Stampede through a hunting party.
(d) Die of starvation as well.
4. What happens after Blue Bird and her grandmother wander alone for a few days in Chapter 2?
(a) They learn to hunt and fish.
(b) They come to a town where they find a hotel.
(c) They find a camp circle that welcomes them in.
(d) They are haunted by several ghosts.
5. What is the name of Blue Bird's third child?
(b) Smiling One.
(c) Bird Song.
(d) White Horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to take Blue Bird and her grandmother back to their people?
2. What is Blue Bird's response to Rainbow's marriage proposal?
3. What does Rainbow ask his parents to borrow in Chapter 4?
4. Where is Blue Bird having friends and family call on her in Chapter 4?
5. What is Waterlily learning to be proud of in Chapter 8?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)