|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four through Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloku's dream tell her that she feels very uneasy about?
(a) Rainbow is cheating on his new wife, Blue Bird.
(b) In four nights she will be in danger and will be invisible.
(c) There will not be enough food for the winter.
(d) The camp circle has been infiltrated by spies.
2. What is Blue Bird finding it hard to do when she returns to her camp in Chapter 4?
(a) Hear people who are talking to her.
(b) Start a fire for cooking.
(c) Readjust to the camp.
3. Who comes to take Blue Bird and her grandmother back to their people?
(a) The chief of her tribe.
(b) Her estranged husband, Star Elk.
(c) Blue Bird's cousin, Black Eagle.
(d) The spirit of her father.
4. How does Rainbow see Waterlily after he marries Blue Bird?
(a) As a slave at his beck and call.
(b) As his own child.
(c) Worthless because she is female.
(d) An outsider never to be included.
5. How does Blue Bird notice Rainbow is different from Star Elk?
(a) He is much more attractive than Star Elk.
(b) His work ethic is much better.
(c) He speaks more eloquently.
(d) He is more intelligent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Blue Bird's grandmother worried Star Elk would do to Blue Bird?
2. Why does the camp say they are making fun of Star Elk in Chapter 3?
3. What does this book, "Waterlily", tell the reader about the Dakota women?
4. What did Star Elk question about Blue Bird twice publicly?
5. What happened to Blue Bird at the age of fourteen while picking beans with her grandmother?
This section contains 354 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)