|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four through Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What two characteristics define the Dakota tribe?
(a) They are lazy and shiftless.
(b) They are nomadic and wild.
(c) They are devoted and loyal.
(d) They are cold and ruthless.
2. What surprise does Rainbow have for Blue Bird in Chapter 5, concerning their trip?
(a) He is taking her out of the country.
(b) He is not going on the trip.
(c) The secluded spot he has chosen to camp.
(d) His parents are chaperoning them.
3. How did the people in the camp justify the way Blue Bird and Star Elk went about marrying?
(a) The couple was young and in love.
(b) The money they received from Star Elk.
(c) Blue Bird did not have a mother to teach her any better.
(d) It was what Star Elk deserved for insulting the chief.
4. What does Blue Bird do immediately after giving birth?
(a) Runs to find Star Elk.
(b) Wraps the baby up and changes clothes.
(c) Say a prayer of thankfulness.
(d) Drown the baby in the river.
5. What is Blue Bird's response to Rainbow's marriage proposal?
(a) She runs to tell all of her friends.
(b) She agrees to marry him.
(c) She laughs in Rainbow's face.
(d) She begins to weep and wail.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Gloku take every opportunity to do to Blue Bird in Chapter 6?
2. Where is Blue Bird having friends and family call on her in Chapter 4?
3. In the story that Black Eagle's family hears in Chapter 6, what did the buffalo do when the tribe was starving?
4. What does Little Chief tell Gloku he sees on top of a hill in Box Butte?
5. What happens to Waterlily after Blue Bird prays for her and returns to camp in Chapter 3?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)