|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters One through Three.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes Blue Bird to worry Waterlily is going to die in Chapter 3?
(a) A sign from God.
(b) Her husband is trying to kill both of them.
(c) Her weakening condition.
(d) The words spoken to her by her grandmother.
2. What does Blue Bird do immediately after giving birth?
(a) Wraps the baby up and changes clothes.
(b) Runs to find Star Elk.
(c) Say a prayer of thankfulness.
(d) Drown the baby in the river.
3. What was given to Blue Bird and her grandmother when they join the camp circle in Chapter 2?
(a) A bodyguard to assure their safety.
(b) The rules of the camp circle.
(c) Everything they needed to live there, including a tipi.
(d) Several diseases including small pox.
4. How did the people in the camp justify the way Blue Bird and Star Elk went about marrying?
(a) Blue Bird did not have a mother to teach her any better.
(b) The couple was young and in love.
(c) It was what Star Elk deserved for insulting the chief.
(d) The money they received from Star Elk.
5. What was Blue Bird's grandmother worried Star Elk would do to Blue Bird?
(a) Take her away never to return.
(b) Kill her while on their honeymoon.
(c) Physically abuse her.
(d) Disgrace her by not honoring his commitment to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Blue Bird name her daughter Waterlily?
2. What does Star Elk spend his time doing instead of hunting for food?
3. Why does the camp say they are making fun of Star Elk in Chapter 3?
4. What does the word "Hao" mean in the Dakota language?
5. Who does Star Elk summon to be with them when he takes Blue Bird to his family?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)