|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four through Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens after Blue Bird and her grandmother wander alone for a few days in Chapter 2?
(a) They learn to hunt and fish.
(b) They come to a town where they find a hotel.
(c) They are haunted by several ghosts.
(d) They find a camp circle that welcomes them in.
2. What does Blue Bird's mother-in-law think Blue Bird's cousin can help her do?
(a) Get over Star Elk.
(b) Find a name for the newborn baby.
(c) Care for the newborn baby.
(d) Escape into the wilderness.
3. What does the word "Hao" mean in the Dakota language?
(a) Child of God.
(b) It means life and spirit.
(c) It is the word for approval and consent.
(d) It is the word for rain.
4. What is all Blue Bird is good for, according to Star Elk?
(b) To fetch water or fuel.
(c) Her beautiful sowing.
(d) Her wonderful singing voice.
5. What two characteristics define the Dakota tribe?
(a) They are nomadic and wild.
(b) They are devoted and loyal.
(c) They are cold and ruthless.
(d) They are lazy and shiftless.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Rainbow see Waterlily after he marries Blue Bird?
2. Who is Little Chief's father?
3. In Chapter 6, why has the size of the camp circle doubled once they stop for the winter?
4. Why does Blue Bird name her daughter Waterlily?
5. What is Blue Bird finding it hard to do when she returns to her camp in Chapter 4?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)