|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters Four through Six.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Gloku do with the children's rocks in Chapter 5?
(a) Carves them into chess pieces.
(b) Stows them away in a bag.
(c) Takes them away.
(d) Paints them.
2. Where does the camp stop on the way to their winter location at the start of Chapter 5?
(a) The peak of a mountain.
(b) Near Box Butte.
(c) The outskirts of Cheyenne.
(d) A deserted canyon.
3. When Dakotas take people into their family, what do they become?
(a) Marked targets for other tribes.
(b) Part of that family for life.
(c) The family's slave.
(d) Outcasts from the rest of the Dakota families.
4. What was Blue Bird's grandmother worried Star Elk would do to Blue Bird?
(a) Kill her while on their honeymoon.
(b) Take her away never to return.
(c) Disgrace her by not honoring his commitment to her.
(d) Physically abuse her.
5. Where does Blue Bird spend the night after Waterlily is born?
(a) With her cousin.
(b) In a hammock by the river.
(c) In the midst of the growing water lilies.
(d) In her husband's bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to take Blue Bird and her grandmother back to their people?
2. Why does Star Elk treat Blue Bird badly?
3. What does Little Chief tell Gloku he sees on top of a hill in Box Butte?
4. Who do Gloku and her husband believe would be a good husband for Blue Bird?
5. What does Blue Bird's mother-in-law think Blue Bird's cousin can help her do?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)